Welcome to PatsFans.com

Not content with total support from the MSM, they still cheat more

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It just keeps coming and coming. Some people have zero sense of shame. Or even fair play.

Oct. 08, 2008
    Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

[size=+3]Alleging fraud, authorities raid voter group

ACORN's canvassers filled out forms with fake names, addresses, officials say[/size]

By ADRIENNE PACKER and MOLLY BALL
    REVIEW-JOURNAL

State authorities on Tuesday raided an organization that registers low-income people to vote, alleging that its canvassers falsified forms with bogus names, fake addresses or famous personalities.

The secretary of state's office launched an investigation after noticing that names did not match addresses and that most members of the Dallas Cowboys appeared to be registering in Nevada to vote in November's general election.

"Some of these (forms) were facially fraudulent; we basically had the starting lineup for the Dallas Cowboys," Secretary of State Ross Miller said. "Tony Romo is not registered to vote in Nevada. Anyone trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot."

Agents with the secretary of state and state attorney general offices served a search warrant on the headquarters of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, at 953 E. Sahara Ave. shortly after 9 a.m. They seized voter registration forms and computer databases to determine how many fake forms were submitted and identify employees who were responsible.

more: ReviewJournal.com - News - Alleging fraud, authorities raid voter group

2. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

So now the peanut gallery is speechless. I thought so.

Barney Frank and Chris Dodd have got to go for allowing ACORN to even start.

Obama, stay in Chicago and root for the Cubs, Bulls, Black Hawks, and Bears. The adults will take over from here. Thank you for your interest, but the job requires actual experience. It's a pretty important job being president of the United States, and it's way above your pay grade.

//

3. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Strange how so many want to magnify every glitch, gaffe, or accidental mistake by McCain and Palin, but when it comes to investigating the genuinely REAL causes of the economic crisis we are in, if it points toward supporters of Obama, no one cares!!!

And people wonder why America is in trouble.

The bell indeed tolls for thee.

//

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you waited precisely 17 minutes before feining indignance, and proclaiming self-righteous victory?

you really need to get over yourself... what a charicature... i love the last stupid line, that being president is above the man's pay grade... typical you... so, a man has to be a multi-billionaire or evangelical in order to lead the country? noted...

regardless, how does any of this reflect on the Obama campaign? Frank and Dodd?

ACORN? you've got to be kidding...

still, they turned in the fraudulent applications... just what are you hinting at here, Rove? i mean, Fraug?

In a statement released by ACORN on Tuesday, Interim Chief Organizer Bertha Lewis said the group based in Clark County routinely flagged suspect applications and notified the Clark County Election Department. The group provided state and county officials with the names of individuals who submitted the falsified registration forms.

"Election officials routinely ignored this information and failed to act," Lewis said. "ACORN pleaded with them to take our concerns about fraudulent applications seriously."​

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+2] When asked when he believed life begins, Obama said: "That question is above my pay grade." Barack did not want to offer his opinion, his belief, for fear of upsetting people on either side of the question. See how many times he has voted "present" as a legislator, instead of taking a stand. Presidents cannot vote "present", they must take a decision and live with it.

"He who stands for nothing will fall for anything", it's been said. Makes sense. He who tries to be all things to all people ends up being nothing for anybody.

I do not say Obama is a really "bad" evil guy (unless he's got me completely fooled); but he just does not seem ready for prime time, not when compared to John McCain. Obama does not seem to grasp the inherent gravity of the position of president; he seems more propelled by ambition and status, and his indecisiveness is a liability.

No?

[/size]

6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Obama brings a different set of strengths than McCain. McCain's main strengths come from a long life and long tenure in public service.

Obama's strengths, though, are many: His wonderful oratory skills are a valuable asset for a leader; the fact that he graduated magna cum laude from the world's best university attests to his intelligence; the fact that he studied and taught Constitutional law for 12 years provides him with a profound understanding of the foundations of our nation; the fact that he chose public service rather than a lucrative law career reflects on his values; the fact that he worked with the poor and unemployed also reflects on his values; the fact that, unlike McCain, his upbringing exposed him to a broad swath of life and cultures, while McCain's whole upbrining was military related; and he's not at all indecisive. He's political, he's smart, he's calculating, but there's not one issue I can think of where he's indecisive. He has outright stated is pro-choice, pro sex education, and pro contraception, but where does life begin? I think that's a difficult question for anyone to answer because it depends what kind of life (human life, cellular life), what you mean by life (is a cancer cell a life?), and what issue is trying to be addressed (abortion, stem cell research).

I'm glad you don't think Obama is evil. I don't think McCain is evil, but I think he's a nut, and I supported Bush over McCain in the past, and feel that if McCain gets elected he will use war to try to solve the economic crisis, while Obama would use social services.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

I heard this over the radio this morning, on my way to work. Isn't ACORN the same group that Barney Frank wanted to funnel money to, in the bailout plan?

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +270 / 11 / -11

Well, no, you've been owned by the right wing blogs. The logic they make to claim that Barney Frank wanted to funnel money to ACORN goes like this: His bill would have given some money to states and local governments. They in turn could, if they wanted, funnel the money to ACORN (or some other group).

At any rate, ACORN is a big organization, and I doubt it has nearly has many crooks as the Republican Party (or the Democratic one, for that matter).

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Crooked or not, ACORN is based on a false premise for any society that values self-help, independence, and individual integrity: "money for nothing and checks for free." Bad, bad idea. Who provides the money and the checks?? Those who work have to provide to those who choose not to work. Recipe for total collapse.

//