PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not bad for a rebuilding year....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep............but we will draft,retool and sign free agents. Our team is good and we will see you again next year as usual. Every year since 2002 we have expected this team to make the playoffs before the season even began. Not too many fans in this league expect that from their team. We are so fortunate and most don't even realize. Yes, I'm bummed but I'm trying to put it in perspective. My friend is a Lions fan who expects not to make the playoffs every year. Many of these Jets fans are excited over the last couple of seasons because their team has sucked so long. The Jets to them are new and fresh and they associate their coach and team as winners. Which to most is unheard of because they stunk so bad for so long, other than the one team coached by Parcels.

Our fanbase is turning into winesipping 49er fans. Entitled, unappreciative of this teams past success and it's recent failure's which many other fanbases would die for.. It's superbowl or bust or it is an epic failure. I get caught up in this hoopla as well and have to sit back and get a grip of reality.

personally I think those whinning 49rs fans have a reason to be upset they havent won **** in 17 years. so when 2020 rolls around and we havent won anything lets see how you feel then. still no excuse. and I dont give a damn about other teams fans I am A PATS FAN!

Last edited:
Look again at the roster that took the field yesterday and try telling me this was not a rebuilding year. The coaching and QB play were phenomenal, which compensated for a lot.

They can certainly have better personnel next year and improved returning players. (who couldn't?) But after going 14-2 and beating every top team they faced, "rebuilding" is just a word to make people feel better. They delivered in statement game after statement game with their personnel (call it rebuilding or whatever). Then they show up in the playoffs at home with little fire or fight.

They can certainly have better personnel next year and improved returning players. (who couldn't?) But after going 14-2 and beating every top team they faced, "rebuilding" is just a word to make people feel better. They delivered in statement game after statement game with their personnel (call it rebuilding or whatever). Then they show up in the playoffs at home with little fire or fight.

I'm not trying to say that we shouldn't have won tonight....by definition however, this was a rebuilding year for the pats. Who expected them to go 14-2 before the season started......not me, thats for sure. The patriots over-achieved this season, in most part because of BB and Brady. They will fix their weaknesses in the offseason and come back a force to be reckoned with next year. Mark my words on that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey