PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not bad for a rebuilding year....

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point during the year, they stopped being over-achievers and re-building. They beat every significant opponent and many times did so handily. I find no solace 14-2 being above expectations. As a #1 seed, they played flat and confused and didn't seem to want it as much as the opponent. Based upon the last two years, it seems that their playoff preparation and execution needs rebuilding.

Look again at the roster that took the field yesterday and try telling me this was not a rebuilding year. The coaching and QB play were phenomenal, which compensated for a lot.

Re: Not bad for a rebuilding year

why would anybody be satisfied not making to at least the afc title game.??? only pats fans that jumped on the bandwagon in 2000.. this was a ultimate fail.. a epic fail.... nuff said...

Time to go back on your meds.

yeah im glad we lost to the jets today when our coach and QB wet the bed... yep.. nuff for mee to have a party.....

why would anybody be satisfied not making to at least the afc title game.??? only pats fans that jumped on the bandwagon in 2000.. this was a ultimate fail.. a epic fail.... nuff said...

Another one of your posts that makes no sense. Why would someone on the "bandwagon" accept not winning the SB?

Bold...wow.

YEAH IM GLAD IM NOT PLAYIN NEXT WEEK... :rolleyes: CANT WAIT TO WATCH ESPN , MIKE AND MIKE AND ANY NFL SOUND FX PROGRAM BECAUSE ITS SO GREAT TO HEAR.....:rolleyes:

Sean:

I tried to send this to you via PM, but the system won't let me.

In any case: I think you need to think a bit more before you post.

Look at what you just wrote.

Has ANY actual Patriots fan on this board today actually said, "I'm glad the Patriots lost"? [A few trolls, I think, might well have said so.]

As someone said, all of us are either angry or depressed. Some posters, however, are choosing to look at the positives, rather than focus solely on the negatives.

It's your right to be negative, if you want, but it's not really fair to put words in other peoples' mouths.

I'm not at all "satisfied" as you put it. In fact, I'm in a world of hurt over this. But as a 17-year season ticket holder, I have at least some semblance of perspective. This team overachieved thanks to superb coaching and superior QB play.

I am not satisfied, but in the end, it is only a game. Life moves on. The universe is indifferent.

I understand that you are upset. So am I. However, the fact that some of us choose to embrace silver linings or look at the season as one that went a little above and beyond our own modest personal expectations, does not mean we are bandwagon fans.

I am not satisfied, but in the end, it is only a game. Life moves on. The universe is indifferent.

I understand that you are upset. So am I. However, the fact that some of us choose to embrace silver linings or look at the season as one that went a little above and beyond our own modest personal expectations, does not mean we are bandwagon fans.

I like your posts, keep 'em coming.

I couldn't give two hoots that this was considered a rebuilding year at the beginning of the season. The Patriots went 14-2 and got the #1 seed. We can now be considered chokers in the recent era.

I completely agree.
And I completely disagree. There may be no more overused or inaccurately used term than choker by sports fans world wide.

The phrase choker comes from the idea of getting so tense you can't breathe - i.e., choke. The Jets outplayed the Pats today; it had nothing to do with choking. A year ago they came out flat after Welker blew out his knee; again, that's not choking. In SB42 they were outplayed by the Giants - Neal's early game injury didn't help any - and even then NY needed a miracle play to win. Again, that's not choking.

Choking is the 1986 Red Sox against the Mets - you could see it in Calvin Schiraldi and Bob Stanley and Rich Gedman and John McNamara. Choking is Chris Webber in the 1993 NCAA basketball finals. Choking is John Starks going 2-18 in the NBA finals, or making two free throws with no time left when the only chance for a win was to miss, get the rebound and score two points. Choking is FSU's wide right, or Vanderjagt's shank that missed by twenty yards.

Sometimes the other team just plays better. It stinks, but it happens. Losing does not equal choking.

Am I disappointed with this loss? Absolutely.

Am I disappointed in this season? Not at all.

I like your posts, keep 'em coming.

Thanks! I certainly will!

And let me return the compliment by pointing out that, in my opinion, your posts are among the most illuminating on these boards.

That is what is wrong with me....

In all seriousness, you really need to step away from the keyboard for a while. We all agree it was a horrible loss. We all got your point on how pissed you are about a hundred posts ago.

Seriously Sean, do yourself a favor and just step away for a while.

yep lets just sit back and let a 33 year old qb who has done jack squat in the post season, get another bye next year and try to beat a team in the division that is better then him and his coach right now.... grow up guys the opportunity was there for the taking..... oh before i get jumped on, the 33 year old qb that has botched it in the last 3 playoff games he started....

Last edited:

hmm knowing what I know now and this is the 2nd nost pAINFUL LOST AFTER THE GIANTS WIN. I would of liked a losing season to get a better draft pick. Ultimatley 14-2 doesnt mean crap when you lose wow what a nice good job for participation ribbon we are going to get. where are all those HOMers who wanted the JETS at again?rather faced The ravens and lost to them. Yeah in=m still bitter..but if the PACKERS win the SB it will bew all good.

In all seriousness, you really need to step away from the keyboard for a while. We all agree it was a horrible loss. We all got your point on how pissed you are about a hundred posts ago.

Seriously Sean, do yourself a favor and just step away for a while.

that is why this site sucks

yep lets just sit back and let a 33 year old qb who has done jack squat in the post season, get another bye next year and try to beat a team in the division that is better then him and his coach right now.... grow up guys the opportunity was there for the taking..... oh before i get jumped on, the 33 year old qb that has botched it in the last 3 playoff games he started....

Are you talking about the same 33-year-old QB who has won three Super Bowls and is a shoe-in for MVP this year? Let me remind you that he can't do it all by himself. He needs a good game plan and a supporting cast that's on the same page. Brady will win another Lombardi before he's done, but whether you have the patience for that is doubtful. Some trivia for you: How old was John Elway when he won his first Super Bowl?

I'm not at all "satisfied" as you put it. In fact, I'm in a world of hurt over this. But as a 17-year season ticket holder, I have at least some semblance of perspective. This team overachieved thanks to superb coaching and superior QB play.

Well said, Tunescribe.

Tough way to end a season, but anybody who watched the Falcons and Saints losses in the playoffs probably should have realized that this does happen. It sucks, but that is the reality of the game. A few drops and some failures to execute plays is all it takes.

For a team that was predicted to finish second or third in the division and go nowhere, it was a good run with plenty to look forward to next year.

What is he now in the playoffs, 14-5? A Super Bowl loss, a loss to the Raven with a dysfunctional team last year, and this. What a loser. Yeah, let's trade him for somebody good.:rolleyes:

Didn't you want to cut him and fire Belichick during one of your meltdowns last year? I guess we should be glad you aren't the owner or GM.

What is he now in the playoffs, 14-5? A Super Bowl loss, a loss to the Raven with a dysfunctional team last year, and this. What a loser. Yeah, let's trade him for somebody good.:rolleyes:

Didn't you want to cut him and fire Belichick during one of your meltdowns last year? I guess we should be glad you aren't the owner or GM.

He may be the front-runner for the "let's draft Andrew Luck in 2012" movement.

LOL rebuilding year.You do realize this team at 14-2 had the best record in the NFL? This team dominated so many teams in the regular season proving this was anything but a rebuilding yet.

People can say what they want to make themselves feel better about this loss. What we witnessed today was a flat out choke job exactly what we witnesses against the Giants 3 years ago. At 14-2 it was SB or bust.

LOL rebuilding year.You do realize this team at 14-2 had the best record in the NFL? This team dominated so many teams in the regular season proving this was anything but a rebuilding yet.

People can say what they want to make themselves feel better about this loss. What we witnessed today was a flat out choke job exactly what we witnesses against the Giants 3 years ago. At 14-2 it was SB or bust.

Exactly. Before the game, this board was talking nonstop about how something special was happening in Foxborough and how this wasn't actually a rebuilding year. Now that we've gotten our teeth kicked in, the rebuilding copout is in vogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back