PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not bad for a rebuilding year....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
As may recall this was suppose to be a rebuilding year.

Lots of rookies, gave up the season when we traded away Maroney. Threw in the towel and was looking at next year when we traded away Moss.

Nothing more than a rebuilding year, nobody really expected the Patriots to even compete for the division title.

Just say'in.

Lots of rookies, gave up the season when we traded away Maroney. Threw in the towel and was looking at next year when we traded away Moss.

Nothing more than a rebuilding year, nobody really expected the Patriots to even compete for the division title.

Just say'in.

But they did compete for the title..won the division and got a first round bye..once you reach that point..you are expected to reach the SB and anything else is a complete failure

Screw that, you don't beat just about every playoff team, get the #1 seed int he playoffs, best record in the entire league, and one and done in the playoffs, and chalk it up to rebuilding.

We are spoiled... Chances at SBs are rare, and we have been pissing them away with some bad playoff performances. 06, 07, 09, 10...

No excuses...they sucked in all 3 phases of that game....

ST's....autrocious coverage.....Defense....to many long gainers on short passes.....Offense....Brady had all day and his recievers couldn't get open?

and when he had to get rid of it fast due to blitz...where were his safety valves?

Jets used blueprint beating Colts to beat Pats...and BB had plenty of time to get a plan together to defeat that....

Pats miss Seymour and Warren on DL and need some heavy duty pass rushers.....and Butler might as well be invisible....

BB better use those 6 picks to bundle and move up, or at the very least, use them all....and not trade DOWN.....

But they did compete for the title..won the division and got a first round bye..once you reach that point..you are expected to reach the SB and anything else is a complete failure

agreed, it was a rebuilding year, still is, but when you blow out a team 45-3, you should be able to beat them a month later.

Just say'in.

+1. This loss hurts, but we have much for which to be thankful and optimistic. :D

Atleast moss will be back next year.

Complete failure? WTF are you talking about?

For complete failure go check out the Carolina Panthers or watch the highlight video from our 1990 season.

The young team overachieved. Played better than they really should have. But the team is young and growing they will be even better next year.

Last edited:
Absolutely. This still is BB's best coaching job ever. It's ridiculous what we accomplished this year. Getting first seed after dumping off Moss, with a gazillion rookies and a bunch of castoffs starting. Jets brought their A-game, and we made it worse by laying an egg on offense. The loss sucks, but what an amazing season this has been. Just think what this team is going to look like after the upcoming monster draft and when we get our injured starters back next year.

Unless you win the Super Bowl, there's never a good end to the season.

But it was a great season in a lot of ways. It still hurts though. But there will be brighter days in the future.

want a DE OLB with the #17 and #28 picks this year...good year... first round bye...this one hurts... I hope all pats players have a mental image of all the jerk jets fans flying around like after the game..

I'll refer you back to Michael Holley in Patriot Reign, quoting BB after winning SB36:

"Can you believe we won the Super Bowl with this f***ing team?"

You could make a perfectly valid case that late-in-the-season/in-game injuries led to all the postseason woes of the last five years:

2006 Flu sweeps through the locker room a couple days before game time, bodies start dropping like flies
2007 IIRC, both Kevin Faulk and Stephen Neal went down in TGTSNBM
2008 Who knows what happens if Brady is healthy, but players on D were going down at an alarming rate
2009 Welker
2010 Wright and Brace lost late in the season, and Pryor unable to go

No, I realize that D was not the major problem today, but having a better D could not have hurt.

In any case, my point, as I've made elsewhere, is that it's f***ing hard to win Super Bowls. If you look at a season that doesn't end in a SB as a failure, it's hard to be a sports fan.

Ding ding ding.

This season should have never happened. The Pats should have never had the best record in the NFL. They should have never been 14-2. They just played out of their minds for 8 weeks, and fell back to earth.

Pats Super Bowl 46. Calling it now. It's gonna be a great season... starting in a few months.

Just say'in.

I agree! This stings but the future looks really bright.

2010 Wright and Brace lost late in the season, and Pryor unable to go

No, I realize that D was not the major problem today, but having a better D could not have hurt.

How about 4 of the 7 projected DL on the roster not even playing in the game that counted most? That's setting any team up for failure. In fact, the Pats were down 4 starters on defense in the 3rd quarter, and that's not including guys like McGowan, Wright, or Pryor.

For me it only sucks because of who we lost to and the 2 teams left in the AFC, I can't think of 2 teams I'd less want to see win this super bowl.

Other than that, I can take this loss and the overall result of the season. We have a bright future ahead and most people seem to agree that we are one good draft away, with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds 2011 has a good chance of being that draft. We overachieved bigtime this year and the youngsters get another playoff game under the belt. Experience of all kind will help in the future

Last edited:
Guys we shouldn't let the fact hat we overachieved make us feel better over what just happened. We had the best record, #1 seed, bye etc and came out and lost in the divisional round.

Dont get me wrong, the future looks bright with all the picks, but this was a very tough loss. Brady and BB aren't getting any younger.

Last edited:
Guys we shouldn't let the fact hat we overachieved make us feel better over what just happened.

Why the heck not?

You feel my level of misery is not high enough and I should increase it.

Eff that, I am gonna let anything I possibly can make me feel better over what just happened. If you would rather wallow in self misery...that is your choice not mine. But you probably came to the right place, and I to the wrong place. The board can wallow in misery when we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing