PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

not as high on the sox as most

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain insano

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
the way i look at it they gave up two great bats in beltre and vmart and got two back. don't get me wrong i love the moves. they got younger and beltre wasn't worth the big coin. im just talking about the line up and the offensive production for this year. to me its two steps back and two forward. i would feel much better if vmart was still around. but this team is about the same as last years except they are healthy. beckett blows and is anything but a ace and lacky was a major disappointment. then you have dicek[:rolleyes:] hopefully things work out but im not counting on any world series.

I stopped reading and started laughing after you made the point that this team is the same as last year. This team is nothing like last season.

the way i look at it they gave up two great bats in beltre and vmart and got two back. don't get me wrong i love the moves. they got younger and beltre wasn't worth the big coin. im just talking about the line up and the offensive production for this year. to me its two steps back and two forward. i would feel much better if vmart was still around. but this team is about the same as last years except they are healthy. beckett blows and is anything but a ace and lacky was a major disappointment. then you have dicek[:rolleyes:] hopefully things work out but im not counting on any world series.

One of the worst posts I've seen since I joined, seriously. Not even worth explaining why, because its obvious you have no clue about the Sox.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the worst posts I've seen since I joined, seriously. Not even worth explaining why, because its obvious you have no clue about the Sox.

lmao ok:D:D:D sorry to burst your bubble

Last edited:
I don't mind captain insano believing the Sox won't be as good as people are claiming they can be. The issue lies in not identifying just how different the batting line up and bull pen composition is. The 2011 Red Sox could not be more different from the 2010 Red Sox.

1. Sox gained +2 WAR (Gonzo/CC - Beltre/Martinez)
2. This lineup is stacked, arguably the best in baseball, saying otherwise is just stupid.
3. Sox essentially signed Youk/Pedroia this offseason, both missed most of last season.
4. Bullpen was a weakness, Theo fixed it and then some. Jenks/Aceves/Miller/Wheeler etc... Very solid.
5. Beckett blows :rolleyes: He was injured last season, looks healthy now.
6. Lackey was Lackey, he wasnt too far off from his usual stats, a bit worse. Pitched much better in the 2nd half of the season. He's lost 15 pounds and looks good.
7. Dice-K is the best 5th starter in the league, another facepalm.
8. Boston and Philly are the best teams on paper, you have to be trolling because I refuse to believe someone is this ignorant. This team had AAA scrubs up and down the lineup last season and WON 89 GAMES!!!!!! Imagine what they will do with a healthy team and an improved lineup/bullpen.

This is why I didn't want to adress your post, you didn't come close to making a solid point.

agon and crawford are so much better than beltre and martinez

and i'm not even a red sox fan in the least lol

oh and you also got the best defensive 1B in the majors

you're fn welcome

Last edited:
1. Sox gained +2 WAR (Gonzo/CC - Beltre/Martinez)
2. This lineup is stacked, arguably the best in baseball, saying otherwise is just stupid.
3. Sox essentially signed Youk/Pedroia this offseason, both missed most of last season.
4. Bullpen was a weakness, Theo fixed it and then some. Jenks/Aceves/Miller/Wheeler etc... Very solid.
5. Beckett blows :rolleyes: He was injured last season, looks healthy now.
6. Lackey was Lackey, he wasnt too far off from his usual stats, a bit worse. Pitched much better in the 2nd half of the season. He's lost 15 pounds and looks good.
7. Dice-K is the best 5th starter in the league, another facepalm.
8. Boston and Philly are the best teams on paper, you have to be trolling because I refuse to believe someone is this ignorant. This team had AAA scrubs up and down the lineup last season and WON 89 GAMES!!!!!! Imagine what they will do with a healthy team and an improved lineup/bullpen.

This is why I didn't want to adress your post, you didn't come close to making a solid point.
LMAO . BECKETT WAS HURT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? that fuking over paid slob is hurt every freakin year. he always has a excuse so spare me. they have three big question marks in there starting rotation no matter how you foolishly spin it. there line up is about the same production wise. the only difference i see from this years team compared to last is the bull pen should be better[ papsmear is a big question mark]and they should be heathly. you keep saying you didnt address my post but you did and im dumb? lol dude take a pill or something your foaming at the mouth. let me make it clear ****head im not saying they suck im not saying they arent going to be good . im saying they are the same team except for the pen and health. stick it up your bunghole if you dont like it. my points were out freakin standing. your just to god damn stupid to have a clue thats why you feel the need to flame, but thats ok ill flame if you like.

Last edited:
agon and crawford are so much better than beltre and martinez

and i'm not even a red sox fan in the least lol

oh and you also got the best defensive 1B in the majors

you're fn welcome
they already had a gold glove at first and one at third. now there is just one at first. i agree that crawford and agon are better but are they really that much better? beltre had a monster year last year. and for the stupid who cant read im not saying they should have kept beltre.

LMAO . BECKETT WAS HURT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? that fuking over paid slob is hurt every freakin year. he always has a excuse so spare me. they have three big question marks in there starting rotation no matter how you foolishly spin it. there line up is about the same production wise. the only difference i see from this years team compared to last is the bull pen should be better[ papsmear is a big question mark]and they should be heathly. you keep saying you didnt address my post but you did and im dumb? lol dude take a pill or something your foaming at the mouth. let me make it clear ****head im not saying they suck im not saying they arent going to be good . im saying they are the same team except for the pen and health. stick it up your bunghole if you dont like it. my points were out freakin standing. your just to god damn stupid to have a clue thats why you feel the need to flame, but thats ok ill flame if you like.

Does your mommy know you're on the computer? My three year old niece could formulate a better response.

3 question marks in the rotation? :rofl: Try one genius. Slob? Grow up kiddo, he's a huge part of the reason they won it all in 2007. Throughout his career he switches good seasons with bad ones. He's due for a good season in 2011.

Same team besides huge improvments in the bullpen, health to our best players, and additions of a power slugger at first, and the most athletic player in MLB. What the **** are you *****ing about? This team is much improved from 2010, a team that one 89 games.

This is the best team on paper in MLB. Philly has a few question marks in the back end of their bullpen, and lack a RH hitting threat in the lineup.

It's quite obvious you don't know jack **** about the Red Sox, or MLB for that matter.

I think the Sox are going to win the East, and are the favorite to at least go to the World Series if not win it. I think they are definately an improved team from last year by way of the added dynamic of Crawford, and the quality depth in the bullpen. On paper the Sox are stacked. I do get a little bit of what insano is saying though. Basically they swapped Beltre/Vmart for Agon/CC. I'd rather the latter 2, but the other 2 guys really had terrific seasons last year. Add in the fact that Vmart produced at the catcher position, where Salty is a big time question mark, and you can see where their is a small point to be made about a lateralish move. Personally I think they're going to be a monster line-up, and a 95+ win team. In any other division they would probably win 100, and still might.

My only concerns were I a Sox fan would be the catcher position, Pedroia's foot (I've heard his injury is similar to Yao Ming's which might concern me, and I stress might), Papelbon (but there's still Bard, Jenks, etc. to back him up), and most importantly the starting rotation. This last one is really wierd in the sense that the top 5 guys could literally be absolutely terrific as a whole, or extremely underwhelming save for Lester, and it wouldn't surprise me either way. Lester to me is the one given. A top 5 pitcher in baseball IMO. After that though, each pitcher could end up being anything from awesome, to underwhelming. I think Beckett is a huge question mark. He's been a real mixed bag for the Sox. Lackey I always liked, but he was really mediocre last year, and I'm not sure he's an AL East, Fenway Park pitcher. He could win 17-18 games, or have a 4.80 ERA and it wouldn't surprise me either way. Dice-K I think is as over hyped as it gets. Still, he's a #5 here which should be great for him with respect to match ups. Then there's Buchholz. Was last year the rule or the exception moving forward?

My point here is that while I personally think the Sox are going to be a tough team to play against, and the best team in the AL, I can see where some people might have a few questions. I think their overall talent level, and composition means they win 95 games, if not more. They're just too talented not too.

The only problem i have is saying Beltre/VMart is the same as AGON and Crawford. I dont think Beltre will EVER put up the numbers he did in his season with Boston. Beltre is know for putting up great numbers when he is looking for a contract. I dont think anyone will be talking about Beltre in a couple of years.

It can also be argued that AGon will put up better numbers playing in Boston due to him not being in Petco and having protection in the line up with Boston.

Lets just ignore that fact the V-Mart has horrid defense and will be reduced to a DH/1ST sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

We've got the speed, power, and have guys who work the starting pitchers better than anyone.

How much of a spoiled brat do you have to be to complain about this team? Its the best Sox team I've ever seen on paper. DAMN YOU THEO!!!

I may be one of the most cynical people on this board, and I am actually excited for this season to get started. If anyone thinks this team is not improved light years beyond last year, you obviously don't know baseball. The pickup of Agon and CC over Vmart and Ab is quite substantial. AGon will probably put up a 40/125/300 yr of hitting in Fenway. Dude is going to tear it up. CC is a guy who can win games for you with his bat, his speed, and his D. One of the few five tool players in the game today. Lester is a stud, Buch is goin to suprise the uninformed of just how good he is. Guy has total command of 3 devastating pitches, that makes him one of baseball's best.
Lackey will give you 17 wins and pitch alot of innings. Beckett, hopefully can learn how to use his pitches since his power pitching days are coming to an end. Dice K is probably the best 5th starter in beisbol.
The X factors are Salty, pedey's foot, and Beckett.
I like our chances.

Last edited:
Now you're coming across like the **** we know you are.

Does your mommy know you're on the computer? My three year old niece could formulate a better response.

3 question marks in the rotation? :rofl: Try one genius. Slob? Grow up kiddo, he's a huge part of the reason they one it all in 2007. Throughout his career he switches good seasons with bad ones. He's do for a good season in 2011.

Same team besides huge improvments in the bullpen, health to our best players, and additions of a power slugger at first, and the most athletic player in MLB. What the **** are you *****ing about? This team is much improved from 2010, a team that one 89 games.

This is the best team on paper in MLB. Philly has a few question marks in the back end of their bullpen, and lack a RH hitting threat in the lineup.

It's quite obvious you don't know jack **** about the Red Sox, or MLB for that matter.
does your mommy know that she held your head in the toilet to long? . 2007 is a long time ago . beckett hasnt done squat since 07. then you have lacky and his 4 plus era. thats sucks ass and qualifies as a question mark and dicek cant throw a strike to save his life. so thats three question marks . do i need to mention papsmear and his ****ty year. thats four question marks. this team is slightly better at most. keep beating off to the media hype machine.
health and maybe a better pen [they haven't thrown a pitch yet] and a slightly better offense. thats the only difference.

Last edited:
Lets just ignore that fact the V-Mart has horrid defense and will be reduced to a DH/1ST sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

We've got the speed, power, and have guys who work the starting pitchers better than anyone.

How much of a spoiled brat do you have to be to complain about this team? Its the best Sox team I've ever seen on paper. DAMN YOU THEO!!!
wtf are you talking about?nobodies complaining about anything you douce. go get your self a tampon or something. ************ what a pmsing b1tch.

Last edited:
Anyone else picture captain insano like this?

gangstafx7.jpg

:p

does your mommy know that she held your head in the toilet to long? its quite obvious your a cross dressing ***. 2007 is a long time ago dumb ass. beckett hasnt done squat since 07. then you have lacky and his 4 plus era. thats sucks ass and qualifies as a question mark and dicek cant throw a strike to save his life. so thats three question marks ass wipe. do i need to mention papsmear and his ****ty year. thats four question marks. this team is slightly better at most. keep beating off to the media hype machine.
health and maybe a better pen [they haven't thrown a pitch yet] and a slightly better offense. thats the only difference.

This is why I vote pro choice.

maybe are better pen? It's not a maybe genius. (Aceves/Wheeler/Jenks/Miller etc..) God you're pathetic. You mentioned gold golves before, LMAO shows you're baseball knowledge. One of the worst things to judge a player by.

You'll be banned soon enough though, grow up a little before you go on the internet kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes