PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not another Tty Law thread?!?! Imminent signing rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewaylifeshouldbe

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I searched as best I could, but couldn't find this anywhere on the site. Not trying to start the Ty Law circus again, just tossing up some new info from another source.

Krupka: Source says Law to sign in KC soon

A source close to Law has intimated that he is likely to sign with Kansas City. The deal isn't expected to happen for another few weeks, however, since Law would like to continue working out on his own and then join the Chiefs a few weeks into training camp. It's important to note that there has been no confirmation of this from the team or league officials.

Article here --->
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/07/ty-law-chiefs190706.html

Re: Not another Ty Law thread?!?! Imminent signing rumor

:rofl:

It's quite clear that the "source" is one of the Postons, and he is trying to bait the Pats or someone else into offering a better deal. How Givens-esque. :rolleyes:

I'm almost pushed it this time. But my wife swatted my hand away and cooler heads prevailed.

Re: Not another Ty Law thread?!?! Imminent signing rumor

drpatriot said:

It's quite clear that the "source" is one of the Postons, and he is trying to bait the Pats or someone else into offering a better deal. How Givens-esque. :rolleyes:

You took the thoughts right out of my head. Likely they have KC's best offer and are looking to force any others with interest to show their cards. Interesting about the several week delay in making it "official"- allows more time to shop him.

The deal isn't expected to happen for another few weeks, however, since Law would like to continue working out on his own and then join the Chiefs a few weeks into training camp

It's that part that doesn't make sense to me. The team would want him in camp A.S.A.P.

Sources close to are intimating... :rofl:

Bet they have yet to intimate it to Carl Peterson. As of last week he was pretty insistent that the numbers the Law camp remained persistent in touting were not in the ballpark range of anyting he was even willing to discuss with them...

I think the proposals that have been exchanged between the Poston's and Pioli remain the only written offer the Law camp has seen to date. Time is just about right for the Poston's to ratchet up the leaky rhetoric.

drpatriot said:

While that may very well be the source, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was, it doesn't necessarily diminish the validity. Just sticking my neck out a bit, I've said a while back that after watching Herm's constant s#|&-eatin' grin when he goes on and on about being 'sure that Ty won't sign anywhere until training camp', I was convinced the deal with KC was done and all wrapped up with a wink and a nod. Agreeing to withhold the paperwork and announcement to allow Ty to continue 'working out on his own' until after camp, and allowing Hermie Baby to not look soft again by totally capitulating to a player he's enamored with.

pats1 said:
The deal isn't expected to happen for another few weeks, however, since Law would like to continue working out on his own and then join the Chiefs a few weeks into training camp

It's that part that doesn't make sense to me. The team would want him in camp A.S.A.P.
Normally, I'd agree with you wholeheartedly... but this is Herm Edwards. This is the lovin' touchin' squeezin' Hermie Baby that told Ty last year, 'sure you can be the only player on the team that doesn't have to go to Monday meetings.' and 'sure, Ty Baby, we know you're 'da best dawg, you don't need those Wednesday practices that everybody else has to go to!'. This is the ultimate coddler and enabler, especially when he's infatuated with a player, which he reportedly has been of Law for years now (and who can blame him, Ty Law is/was one of the best CBs in the league, clearly).

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for the conversation to go down like this:
Ty: "Look Herm, you know I know my $#it. Ty Law don't need no two-a-days in the blazing summer sun. Ty Law could wake up from a 6 year coma and be a Pro-Bowl, shutdown corner the next day, baby."

Herm: "You betcha, Ty, baby, you sing it! Amen, brother!"

Ty: "Right. So here's what Ty is gonna do for you. Ty is gonna bring his elite skills to your new team, but Herm, Ty ain't showin' up 'til Ty is good and ready. Dig?"

Herm: "Oh heck, of course dawg! You 'da man. You 'da man, Ty! But you understand dawg, I can't have the other brothers and the media and whatnot, knowing that I just let you skip out on off-season workouts and the beginning of camp, right?"

Ty: "Ty Law understands this."

Herm: "Right dawg, right. So we just sign this thing, you have your people keep quiet, I'll have my people keep quiet, until you're ready to come into camp. Cool?"

Ty: "Herm, with what you're paying me, Ty is very cool with that.

....oh, and no Monday meetings or Wednesday practice for Ty, right?"

Herm: "Sheeeeeeeet, you're Ty Law, baby! You're elite, baby! Ty Law don't need none of that. Are you a potato? 'Course you're not no damn potato! Are you a school bus? 'Course you ain't no damn school bus! You're Ty Law, baby. Cool?"

Ty:
"uhhh.. Cool"

Herm: "Come on, let's hug it out!"

Ty: "Hows about you hug Carl and Kevin? Ty's feelin' cramped."

Herm:
"That's cool baby, that's cool!"
..............and of course, do you think both Herm and the Poston's could totally keep their giddy little mouths shut the whole time, without so much as dropping hints and leaking rumors? 'Course not.

Am I talking out my arse? Sure. Is there any valid evidence to support this? Of course not. But come on.... would you really be stunned if it were true? :D

Actually I would be stunned. But it's because Ty would have to agree to be the #2 CB in KC behind a guy he still believes he's better than who would also be making waaaaay more money than KC could afford to give Ty Law. And because Ty Law played on a Herm the Hugger team last season and aside from ultimately freelancing his way to the Pro Bowl it was a miserable experience according to other sources close to Ty Law. And I doubt a guy with Ty's fragile ego would quickly forget that last November when his penalties still exceeded his picks Herm was fairly tossin' him under the bus as a scapegoat to shift criticism off himself with the NY media for an abyssmal season. And because after luring him in with that phony contract Herm bailed and if not for their cap trouble Ty might have been stuck in a rebuild in the Meadowlands with Mangini. And because in addition to Peterson's comments about his priorities being to extend a couple of his own pending FA, there has been a little concern voiced about Herm's ability to keep KC's offense as productive as it was under Vermeil.

MoLewisrocks said:
Actually I would be stunned. But it's because Ty would have to agree to be the #2 CB in KC behind a guy he still believes he's better than who would also be making waaaaay more money than KC could afford to give Ty Law. And because Ty Law played on a Herm the Hugger team last season and aside from ultimately freelancing his way to the Pro Bowl it was a miserable experience according to other sources close to Ty Law. And I doubt a guy with Ty's fragile ego would quickly forget that last November when his penalties still exceeded his picks Herm was fairly tossin' him under the bus as a scapegoat to shift criticism off himself with the NY media for an abyssmal season. And because after luring him in with that phony contract Herm bailed and if not for their cap trouble Ty might have been stuck in a rebuild in the Meadowlands with Mangini. And because in addition to Peterson's comments about his priorities being to extend a couple of his own pending FA, there has been a little concern voiced about Herm's ability to keep KC's offense as productive as it was under Vermeil.
Sure Mo, just rain allll over my fantasy. ;)

:) I'm either going to die laughing from Tshirt dynasty, or I'm going to die crying from Ty Law! Either way, I'm doomed!!!

Herm: "Sheeeeeeeet, you're Ty Law, baby! You're elite, baby! Ty Law don't need none of that. Are you a potato? 'Course you're not no damn potato! Are you a school bus? 'Course you ain't no damn school bus! You're Ty Law, baby. Cool?"

Ty: "uhhh.. Cool"

Herm: "Come on, let's hug it out!"

Thats too much the riot there, T-shirt. You definitely have the knack for comedic enlightenment.

I agree with the scope of it though. It is no grand secret that Ty ain't interested in 2 a days and prefers to step into the system when it's pretty much time to go.

And while the chances are it is Poston running his game and nothings in ink, I hope it's all true and KC signs him up for huge money. I have faith in Pioli and 'Chick, but I would be stunned to learn they paid Law his pre-retirement goldmine.

A source close to Law has intimated that he is likely to sign with Kansas City.
Wake me up when it is a source close to teh Kansas CIty Chiefs.

The funniest thing is the message board after the article and how they go on about how the Pats have no cap room after signing thier rookies.

I also figured out how KC can pay Ty more, not only can they pay him his CB salary but Herm will put Ty on his staff as "Clock Management Guru" giving him a coach's salary too. I don't think Edwards took his clock guy from NY did he?

Last edited:
belichickaholic said:
:) I'm either going to die laughing from Tshirt dynasty, or I'm going to die crying from Ty Law! Either way, I'm doomed!!!

What he said! :rofl:

Imminent signing rumor

Isn't Poston up on a hearing soo?? Early next week?? Maybe he's waiting for that to happen.... I don't know..I laugh at all this..Don't care if he's here or not..would be NICE..but paying the LARGE BUCKS??? No..not good and won't happen...the Postons are so good at all this..you have to LOVE IT!!!

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Am I talking out my arse? Sure. Is there any valid evidence to support this? Of course not. But come on.... would you really be stunned if it were true? :D
No, I wouldn't be stunned if you were talking out of your butt, but I'm not sure you meant the paragraph the way I'm reading it :D

NEM said:
The Pats will be making an error if they dont dowhat it takes to sign him.
Isn't this what you said about lawyer Milloy :D

And Ted Washington?

Ty would be GOOD but not absolute needed...

And who else???? Washington would have been nice..as was Milloy..but??? Didn't matter..and THIS might be the case...

sucks2.jpg

Whoever starts another Ty Law thread without an actual signing should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back