Welcome to PatsFans.com

Not an easy start - first 5 games

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +392 / 33 / -5

We have an easy overall schedule. However, our first five games are three division games plus two playoff teams. Happily, we will then get a bye.

2. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -1

The first two games should be relatively easy, given the state of the Bills and Jets. Denver looks to be the first tough contest, but I'm hoping our boys will be loaded for bear on that one given our humiliating loss last year.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2005
  3. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Agree. I think we'll handle Denver okay week 3. It'll be a good test, a good sense of how far we can go, and early on. Can't wait.

4. hobbsownscoles

hobbsownscoles On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

if bruschi and rodney are healthy we should be good against denver

5. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

All we need is a serious running game and we'll be able to move up and down the field on Denver. In the playoffs all we wanted to do is throw, and the Broncos blitzed like crazy.

6. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It'll be interesting going into Cincy (now this may be wishful thinking since I'm going down to the game) but they go into PIT the week before. I can't see anyone having a letdown against the Pats but with a young team you never know if they do win in PIT. Either that or PIT beating the crap out of them the week before could help too.

7. Jacky Roberts

Jacky Roberts 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The only potential loss I see in the first part of the schedule is that game in Cincy. No way in hell they lose to Denver after that horrific joke last January.

8. PatsFan4eva

PatsFan4eva Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i can't wait til we kick Denver's BE-HIND! :violent:

9. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Denver could take a local HS team, put them in Bronco uniforms and it would still be a tough game for us :) As solid a team Denver has been over the years, we've never done ourselves any favors playing those guys.

If the team needs any motivation to win, they face the possibility of being 0-3 against JAKE PLUMMER :eek:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  10. Crowpointer

Crowpointer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree. I would never underestimate Denver. They just seem to have our number whatever the reason. I think we win this game but I think it's close. I can't wait for the orange afros to show up for this one. It will a very fun in the stands.

11. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

...from out of nowhere a flag flies into the frame...instead of rectifying the mistake, the officials award the Broncos the game's 1st touchdown by giving them 1st-and-goal at the 1...if you were so confident in your call, Greg Sneed, what took you so long to throw the flag?...All five members of their crew then missed a false start by Foster on Elam's 50-yard field goal that barely cleared the crossbar. So, yes, the Broncos' first 10 points all came gift-wrapped by a dreadful officiating crew... -Foxsports.com

Yeah they have our number. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  12. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Poor officiating plagued the whole postseason, but we had several opportunities to climb back into it during the 4th quarter and except for one TD, we blew every opportunity. AV's missed kick told me that it simply wasn't our night.

13. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

I'm not very worried about Cincy. Palmer, weather or not he plays, looks a long way off from last year's form, and that locker room situation is a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals fall hard this year.

Of all the teams we face early, Miami scares me the most. I say we come out of that stretch 4-1, though I'd feel ok about 3-2.

14. Digger44

Digger44 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

no matter if cinci wins or loses, the pit clobbers people. that team will be worn out from that game. i wont be suprised if they even lose a starter on that bad field. either way good 4 us.

15. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Denver is our "wrong place, wrong time" team - they seem to always catch us when we're having relatively "down" years (like '02 and '05) and they usually get to play us in the friendly confines of Invesco Field.

I'm very confident that we are going to be fired up for this game and that will lead us to victory - a close victory though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.