PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not a bad weekend for Patriots' fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly - this draft order crap is getting to me.

How can the Chargers get a higher first round pick than us (if they don't reach the SuperBowl) whereas they are in the playoffs and we aren't! They need to change this rule for sure. Doesnt make sense.

If the draft order is based on the regular season and we finsihed ahead of the Chargers in terms of record thereby giving us the lower pick, then logically we should also get the reward of finishing better than the Chargers in the regular season but obviously that didn't happen. Its so apparently unfair. This and the OT rule needs to be changed.

As of today, the order is:
24 PATRIOTS
25 Falcons
26 LOLphins
27 Ravens
28 One-and-Dungys

I'm not rooting for ***ante, in fact I'll be rooting for the Giants next week to get his ass out.

I was thrilled with the Colts' loss, happy with the Dolphins' loss and happy that T. Jackson looked as crappy as I expected as the Vikings are a possibility to want Cassel. Their defense and running game is too good to waste on QB like Jackson and Frerotte.

Not to mention that if the Eagles do lose you know that a certain wrinkled, old, crotchedy Comcast senator will spit up his prune juice and somehow blame the Patriots as the reason why his Iggles never won a Superbowl.....again.

Honestly - this draft order crap is getting to me.

How can the Chargers get a higher first round pick than us (if they don't reach the SuperBowl) whereas they are in the playoffs and we aren't! They need to change this rule for sure. Doesnt make sense.

If the draft order is based on the regular season and we finsihed ahead of the Chargers in terms of record thereby giving us the lower pick, then logically we should also get the reward of finishing better than the Chargers in the regular season but obviously that didn't happen. Its so apparently unfair. This and the OT rule needs to be changed.

Excellent point. You make the playoffs, you move down the draft order.

First things first, the Manning/Manning Bowl was squashed. 1-15 to Super Bowl, though it had .000001% chance of happening, is now dead.

Next up: Eli must lose. Have to root against Pittsburgh too.

It's coming together ;)
This is funny. THese are my priorities, also. I had zero problems rooting for the Bolts. I was as tense as if it were the Pats.

Once the Manning bowl is out of the question, I don't want a repeat by the Gints.

After that, I'd rather not see a second SB by the Steelers this decade.

Go Eagles!

Go Panthers and Titans!

Go Ravens and Chargers.

If Manning number 2 gets knocked out by the Eagles next week - I will call this season a "success"...

and, a true success if the Steelers get knocked out as well...preserving us as the only team to win more than one sb this decade for another year

Remind me again why I'm supposed to be happy that the Dolphins and Colts have higher draft picks now?

Because they were going to have a higher draft pick anyway unless they went to the Super Bowl and you didn't want that.

I'm not rooting for ***ante, in fact I'll be rooting for the Giants next week to get his ass out.

I was thrilled with the Colts' loss, happy with the Dolphins' loss and happy that T. Jackson looked as crappy as I expected as the Vikings are a possibility to want Cassel. Their defense and running game is too good to waste on QB like Jackson and Frerotte.

Adrian Peterson for Matt Cassel.

Seems fair to me...

It's still miserable knowing the Patriots aren't in it. But with the Colts and Dolphins losing, may as well make lemonade from those lemons. :)

So next weekend comes to this:

Root for Eli/NYC-NJ to lose vs Asante/Philly fans to lose
Root for whoever (Carolina or Arizona) has a better chance of beating the Giants or Eagles

Root for Jeff Fisher's knee-hunters to lose, or plea-bargaining Ray Lewis to lose
Root for the towel-waving whiny Steeler crowd to lose, or Tomlinson and Norv to lose

I'm a Panther fan next weekend

how come teh AFC has all the best defenses?

either way, im also a panthers fan, but also a steelers fan (until championship week)

I'm a Panther fan next weekend

You're making it way too complicated. Wait for the SB, then either back the lesser evil or just ignore the game entirely. :D

Last edited:
Here in Dallas-in yr 1 of Parcells, we overachieved, went 10-6, and went in as a WC...only to get annihilated by the Panthers. The year after, the lack of talent ultimately showed its ugly rear-end(the problems were way beyond Quincy Carter's drug problems) to go 6-10. Honestly-we really never recovered(went 9-7 the next 2 seasons).

Looks like Fins fans could see the same reality the next couple of years-overachieved in yr 1 only to get blown out in the WC game, TSHTF in yr 2 with pretty much the same (lack of)talent, and BOOM! They're back to square 1.

BTW-Pennington will only be a year older, they'll have QB problems, AND...did anyone else find the Fins' *non-pressure* D laughable in this game? We as Cowboys fans went through 4 years of this torture. At least to Wade's credit, he significantly improved this area.

So next weekend comes to this:

Root for Eli/NYC-NJ to lose vs Asante/Philly fans to lose

Can NOT root for Philly...EVER! I'll wait until the NFCCG to root for Carolina.

Root for whoever (Carolina or Arizona) has a better chance of beating the Giants or Eagles

I think the Panthers have a good shot to beat either, while AZ has no chance to beat the Cards.

Root for Jeff Fisher's knee-hunters to lose, or plea-bargaining Ray Lewis to lose

The Ravens kool-aid by the national sports media has already started-just like the Eagles, they're already crowning them as potential SB Champs. I mean really-it was JUST the FREAKING WC game!

Root for the towel-waving whiny Steeler crowd to lose, or Tomlinson and Norv to lose

I and my fellow Cowboys fans are rooting the heck for Norv b/c the more he wins, the more it'll stick it to Jerry's ***.

I just want to see Ecry get pummeled and cry after the game like the 1/10 of a Pay-me-tons talent he is.

how come teh AFC has all the best defenses?

either way, im also a panthers fan, but also a steelers fan (until championship week)

I kept telling the Titan fans this weekend, that I thought it would be a Panther/Ravens superbowl, and they all went nuts. I understand its their team, and they can't do any wrong, but I think they're underestimating the loss of their starting center. Not to mention, they could be a little weaker in the middle of their d-line, and that Mcclain kid has no problem running up the middle.

I kept telling the Titan fans this weekend, that I thought it would be a Panther/Ravens superbowl, and they all went nuts. I understand its their team, and they can't do any wrong, but I think they're underestimating the loss of their starting center. Not to mention, they could be a little weaker in the middle of their d-line, and that Mcclain kid has no problem running up the middle.

Did anyone see Jeff Fisher interviewed during halftime of the WC game today? He talked about how during the bye week, he practiced his team in pads, and worked them on the basic fundamentals like tackling, red zone stuff, etc.

I'm not a fan of his dirty style either, but you have to admire coaches like this that constantly keep his team prepared physically and mentally.

I expect the Titans to come out next week with alot of emotion and energy.

Every game went the way I wanted it to this weekend. I can't remember the last time that happened unless it was like a 2 game weekend like the Conf champs or something.

I'm glad the Giants didn't get The Cardinals, hopefully McNabb can not suck in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back