PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nostalgia - I Miss Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
I just wanted to say I really miss having Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel on the sidelines, holding their laminated sheets, and calling imaginative and innovative plays.

On offense, I could always count on one trick play a game, a few plays that created completely wide open passes, and a few opportunistic scoring drives in good field position. On defense, I got used to a hard-hitting, intimidating, interception-machine that was good at buckling down in the red zone. When Patriots players revealed they always felt they had an edge in game planning and coaching, I knew what they were talking about.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect this current Patriots team to improve and get on the same page, and eventually win the division. However, at the same time, I think we really under-estimated the experience, brilliance of mind, and toughness/courage that our two old coordinators had while they were here with us.

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
I just wanted to say I really miss having Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel on the sidelines, holding their laminated sheets, and calling imaginative and innovative plays. On offense, I could always count on one trick play a game, a few plays that created completely wide open passes, and a few opportunistic scoring drives in good field position. On defense, I got used to a hard-hitting, intimidating, interception-machine that was good at buckling down in the red zone.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect this current Patriots team to improve and get on the same page, and eventually win the division. However, at the same time, I think we really under-estimated the experience, brilliance of mind, and toughness/courage that our two old coordinators had while they were here with us.
i never underestimated the old coordinators but things never remain same ..else we would win all superbowls and all games...its part of sports....that challenge of which something which makes watching sports interesting rather than watching the same stuff which may bore some people

NEM i couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!!!!! He has been so unimaginative that it is killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down