PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Norv Turner Wants To Be A Coordinator Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive_Killed_People

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Most of us are realize McD will be leaving because the silly Browns love to gut our personnel and ruin their careers with their worthless sinkhole of an organization....that being said.....Do we sign the beast(Turner)? He's an offensive genius as a coordinator by all accounts.

He's the Jets' new OC. That would be the best move to squeeze whatever capability that Sanchez has. That said Sporano has 2 more years on his contract and the Jets never make the right move.

I'd hate to see him go to The Ravinz

I think given the choice he would take our O over any other team that would come calling. Also he said he wanted to go to a winner(sorry J-E-T-S) Who knows maybe him and BB already have a wink/nod agreement if McD skips town to Cleveland.

hello ravens

If it's a choice between here and the Ratbirds he chooses us hands down. He's not looking for a challenge. He's looking for success,and Flaccid aint exactly success. If he fails at his next job he may be out of the league for good.

Despite wild media speculation Josh isn't going anywhere soon. And Norv isn't coming here. This offense essentially runs itself and it's next coordinator will come from within. Just like the last one and the one before that... It doesn't turn to guys with their own system who are clueless about this one. Those guys go to a team who has no viable system.

Quite honestly, the OC position here is entirely glorified, at least as it pertains to playcalling.

For all the hoo haa about Manning calling his own plays, I can't imagine Brady doing anything less, particularly regarding passing plays.

Play design and gameplanning is the only thing I see an OC bring to this team.

Last edited:
Despite wild media speculation Josh isn't going anywhere soon. And Norv isn't coming here. This offense essentially runs itself and it's next coordinator will come from within. Just like the last one and the one before that... It doesn't turn to guys with their own system who are clueless about this one. Those guys go to a team who has no viable system.

And that may well be one of the posts of the year. We don't need this guy messing up our offense.

Bears repeating as the OP is clueless.
Norv however is an excellent OC candidate for other teams. I worry that he'll "fix" some defensive powerhouse's offense enough to make it decent and cause a problem for us.

Our offense doesn't need fixing. We don't need a new system. If Josh goes, Brady could use someone to work with.

Last edited:
Agreed, we don't need a new system, we need to continue evolving the Tom Brady system, which is what we have been doing.

We just need a guy who can develop our vertical routes if we finally get us a deep threat at WR, which we should.

I hope Josh stays though.

Last edited:
It's too early for jm to get hired after that debacle in Denver. Can't see him leaving for that reason alone and right now he's got the platinum offensive coordinators dream job.

Shouldn't the chargers have a good offense if he's so good?

I just can't see the people in Cleveland being stoked for another coordinator from the Patriots after RAC's tenure went so poorly so recently. So I don't think McDaniels is done here yet.

Last edited:
Devil's advocate: Our offense has changed 3-4 times in the last decade. This offense will not be the last style we'll see in our lifetime.

Turner has never ran the Erhardt-Perkins system, so he wouldn't be a very good fit with this offense.

I see him joining the Ravens to build falco again!....

Bears repeating as the OP is clueless.
Norv however is an excellent OC candidate for other teams. I worry that he'll "fix" some defensive powerhouse's offense enough to make it decent and cause a problem for us.
Why is he getting Aikman, Smith and Irvin back?
When has he ever been successful without them, and who wouldn't have been with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes