Welcome to PatsFans.com

North Korean rocket launch "successful".

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KontradictioN, Apr 5, 2009.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,533 / 33 / -55

No Jersey Selected

I was suprised this wasn't posted here as it is a good topic of conversation. Kim Jong Il is a certified maniac and he scares me more than any Afghani or Iraqi. Why we're not doing more about this, I don't know...

'Satisfaction' from Kim over N. Korea launch - CNN.com

2. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

we should all panic

3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It's funny to read all their N.Korean media reports about how it was a great success and everything... but then it was a little sobering to realize the US does the exact same thing when it reports/falsified news about how well Iraq was going, or when we shot down a 'malfunctioning' satellite right after the Chinese did it.

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,474 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Kim believes his father's dynasty is destined to rule all of Korea, then the whole world. He is following his father's footsteps, and his father, Kim Ilsung, took Stalin's model and applied it to the last detail. It is the ultimate in being a "control freak": EVERYTHING comes under the supreme ruler. Everything. He decides what people do, and what the nation will do; and those who disagree get a one-way ticket to either a concentration camp, or death. With absolute control over the country, the only way things will change is when Kim decides it will change.

So, changing Kim's mind is the only thing that will change North Korea today. Threats won't work with Kim, as he has enough conventional fire-power massed on the border with S. Korea to incinerate Seoul and many other places. Casualties would be enormous. Another method, therefore, must be employed to get Kim to change.

We're working on it.

//

6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Hmm, NO Kidding Im glad your here to tell us, otherwise we may never have known that. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  7. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +245 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

We're working on it.

What are you planning on Fog converting him, Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I do believe there are some younger people on this list who may not be aware of the history of North Korea. And, even for those who have been aware of NK's weird kingdom of the Potemkin village, there may be some unawareness as to the full extent of how nuts the place is. So, consider my effort a "public service announcement".

//

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

..... Stay tuned.......

:D

//

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 15 / -29

After the posturing of Newt Gingrich (AKA never met an intern he did not get a BJ from) on how he would shoot it down. Seems as though it was an abysmal failure, and seems to be a glorified scud..

My initial reaction was that the reason they did not shoot it down as maybe they want to recover it to find out how advanced the N. Koreans actually are.

11. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +245 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

I was thinking along the same lines yesterday. What ever went into the ocean we will try to recove it. I use to have a friend tha that worked for Raytheon 3 months out of the year he'd be at sea just in case ther was a missele test by the Soviet Union. He was in the sea of Japan for just that purpose when Korean 007 airliner was shot down by the Russians in what '82-'83?

12. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, at least we're gutting our missile defense program. Wouldn't you think that should be the LAST place we should cut? Wouldn't we have to worry much less about Kim Jong Il if we felt reasonably sure we could knock any North Korean ICBMs or other missiles out of the air? Or if we could guarantee cover for the Israelies from a nuclear Iran? Sure, it doesn't prevent dirty bombs or other lower-tech options, but to me I'd rather see billions pumped into that than into offensive weapons systems that are less important at this time.

13. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Excellent points. You have my vote.

//

14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think the UN should tell Korea how mad that made them and if they don't stop testing they should send them a letter telling them how mad they are at them. Then if that doesn't work send another letter telling them that if they don't stop they're going to keep sending them letters telling them how mad they are at them. :cool:

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Really. Like what's the impotent UN gonna do: take away N. Korea's IMF money???? :p

//

16. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

And support for a Stokes/Harry Boy '12 ticket grows...

17. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Or that that have to wait for the missile to get into orbit, which this one never did. Ultimately, it's failure says more then the impotent U.N. ever could.

18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

Not to worry Gates has announced that the administration will cut the funding for Missle Defense by 20%, doing this the day after the PRNK launces a missle just brilliant.

BTW remember the peace overutres to Iran, they has tech helping the PRNK....

19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 15 / -29

Did you read his comments or did Farah or Limbaugh interpret them for you.. some righties just believe spend, spend and keep the military industrial complex all smilie...

Speech:

Gates calls for huge cuts in weapons programs - Army News, opinions, editorials, news from Iraq, photos, reports - Army Times

20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Honestly, you'd think the one thing we can all agree on is that we can't afford to deploy a missile defense system that won't shoot down any missiles. What we need to do is thank our luck stars that the NKer's aren't there yet, scrap all this junk that Bush deployed and get the egg heads working on a system that will do something.