Welcome to PatsFans.com

North Korea threatening military action

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Kdo5, May 27, 2009.

1. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think this Korea situation is a big story. So do the major Newspapers and news web sites but for some reason few on this board want to discuss it. I posted a thread on it yesterday and it got one response.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

I have always said that little Ping Pong bastard is one of the most dangerous leaders we have in the world, when he gets going he will make the Muslims look like angels, Ping Pong will Nuke a country at the drop of a hat.

Send Hillary & Hag Bag Pelosi over to see him dressed in their finest "Pant Suits" Hillary could sit on his face that would slow him down for a little while.
  4. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +153 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

We do not torture!:eek:
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

If it does come to military action, hope we employ a very swift and destructive response.. last thing we need is to get bogged down in another country.. kind of a shock and awe on all things gov't and military.
  6. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

great....then we can have another round of democracy-building

can't we just get china to deal with this??????
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

My comments are if we get involved with military action that is it not one of those long grind em out ground wars.. the choice being terror from above..

Of course China or Japan would be preferred, not sure they want to..
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Uggggggggh, I feel tortured just being forced to read/envision that. :help:

Never happen. Even if he gave the order to his army to attack South Korea, they would certainly not follow it. It would mean their total annihilation, and they know it. At that point, I believe that the military (PRK) would find another "Dear Leader".

More blustering..... But this is a potential HUGE problem for Obama. He can no longer vote "present" on this one, which he has up to this point.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Was not aware that there had been any votes on this yet?? Thanks for the insight:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  10. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree. Not to mention they'd lose China as their only ally. China's only real goal for North Korea is to keep it from collapsing and creating a refugee/economic nightmare for them. I say chalk this one up to KJI talking tough and nothing more. I hope.
  11. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

like Iraq?

the 'winning the war' part was easy.........the 'winning the peace' part is pretty miserable.......and in korea, while there may not be the continuous resistance, these are the poorest 'civilized' people in the world.........

let china build their brand of communism there.......
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

John Kerry fan eh?? I do not disagree, just do not want to see us on another front on this continent in an endless war.. that in the end will only result in the same old same old.

I would prefer covert actions to neutralize a lot of their military stuff.. if we took out their ability to fire rockets and build weapons clandestinely it would slow them down... not sure they have the desire to keep spending money. but their dictator is relentless, so who knows.
  13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

He has just sat on his aZZ for the last several months and not exerted ANY PRESSURE on the ONLY entity that has any measure of control. CHINA.

We have significant leverage over China (we are responsible for 90% of their Trade Surplus, which is one of the primarily pillars of their economy). Access to our markets is even and larger trump card then owning all our worthless paper (their big trump card).

So far, Obama has not done anything to keep Dear Leader in check. His apparent "non-action" has encouraged this outright defiance from Il.

So far, on the Korea issue, he has voted "present". At best.

Look on the brightside, its better then his score on Iran....... To whom he has simply groveled at and begged them to please "unclench their fist for him". They did of course, but it was only long enough to give him the finger :rolleyes:
  14. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

This is pretty much what I think of the situation. It seems like every time they make a "bold" move like this, there ends up being a multinational conference that ends up basically giving money to North Korea to get them to stop. I just think it's KJI trying to get some attention and maybe some more money. They HAVE to know that China will likely *****slap them if they get too far out of line.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

Yea in his idle time, he has been riding his mountain bike and cutting brush on his ranch.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Hahahaha, true.

He did however apply for the job, and therefore HAS TO DEAL WITH IT. This will likely require that he step down as the head of Chrysler and GM for a few days, but sometimes, that's what has to happen when the phone rings at 3 AM :)

In fairness, He is just following Bush's policy in the last couple years. Of course, Bush did not have the political will to follow it through too aggressively either at the time. O probably has a little more right now.
  17. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

anything but a kerry fan, but the terms fit............

I still believe that NK actions are just their way of asking for help......and that it will be status quo until somebody near Kim decides there's a better path for NK
  18. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't believe china is an ally, and that they just do what they have to to keep the entire country of NK from running away to china
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Obama will fix everything (he is our "dear leader")
  20. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey