Welcome to PatsFans.com

North Korea tests missiles

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

From CNN breaking news: North Korea test-fires at least three missiles, one of them a long-range weapon that the U.S. has been monitoring, U.S. sources say.

(See cnn home page.)

So, six years into Bush's presidency, all the right seems to have to say for itself is, "It's Clinton's fault." Nevermind that laughable explanation, the real question now is, What should Bush do?

2. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +368 / 13 / -25

#15 Jersey

Bush should have someone show him on a map where it is located.

3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well it certainly ain't Bush's fault. The Clinton administration were so proud of themselves for getting North Korea to sign a treaty agreeing not to develop such technology, but they didn't bother to actually follow up or consider the notion that North Korea would break that treaty the day after they signed it.

Well, when they're done laughing at Kim Jong Il for the missile that failed, they simply work with Russia, China and Japan to step up international pressure on the already impotent North Korea.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  4. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

From the party of personal responsibility comes the blame the other guy attitude. Nothing is Bush's fault, not even 6 years later. Clinton engaged NK and Bush did nothing; did not even try to sustain Clinton's agreements with NK.

Can you give me an example of how something can be Bush's fault? What would he have to do with regard to North Korea, Iran, or Iraq for it to be his fault?

Do you have a link? Think we'll do with NK what we're doing with Iran, follow the Clinton and approach and negotiate and compromise?

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe because even NK was not sustaining NK's agreements.
    Oh, I blame Bush for how poorly the War in Iraq has been run. I support the war, but I am the first to say that the way it was run from the reasons for going to war to the actual occupation itself has been a travesty.
    What good is negotiating and compromising when you make deals and they break those deals immediately after they are made...?

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

So let me see, Bush is a cowboy and should be impeached for going to war with Iraq 'unilaterally' (forgetting about the Brits, Poles, Aussie, Italians, ....and others).Bush is doing 'nothing' for trying to have a bilaterial policy with respect to N Korea. I think I understand, if Bush does something it is wrongm doesn't matter what he does it will still be wriong.

2 points here. N Korea had nukes before Bush came into office. Clinton got snookered by Kim Jong Ill, Bush deals with the aftermath. Dealing with N Korea has to involve the assent of S Korea and Japan why? well Souel is 20 miles from N Korea and 1 nuke could ruin the day of the 11 million or so who live there. He also could deliver a nuke to Japan.

So pretending that you handle Iraq and N Korea the same way is silly.

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have given my reasons for supporting the war many times in the past. I will briefly restate them here, but I am really getting sick of you asking the same questions over and over again just because you don't like my answers. See, your problem is you can't respectfully disagree with anyone. You have been blinded by your irrational hatred of George W. Bush. You spend your entire life obsessing about the man, and it has become so frightening, you do your own cause more harm than good.

Anyway...

Shortly after the attacks of September 11, 2001, George Bush addressed a joint session of Congress outlining the basics of what would be known as the "Bush Doctrine" whereby we would attack the terrorists as well as any nation providing them safe harbor and support. I support this Doctrine. Saddam Hussein was clearly someone who supported terrorists and provided them with safe haven to the best of his ability. None the least of his offenses are that he paid Palestinian terrorists a reward for killing innocent Israelis. I support the notion of fighting terror and fighting Al Qaeda on their turf, and not ours. Do you think it is a coincidence that no attacks have occured on American soil since we took the war to them instead of sitting around and waiting for them to bring it to us...?

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Wel said, but rational thought doesn't appeal to some.

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you for the kind words. And, at the risk of turning this into a mutual admiration society, you wrote something in another post that perfectly demonstrates the weakness of their arguments.

"So pretending that you handle Iraq and N Korea the same way is silly."

They are so desperate to attack Bush in any manner possible that they attack him no matter what he does. What they fail to realize is that handling North Korea the same way as Iraq would be ridiculously foolhardy policy.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,058 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Dramitization Of Bush Upon
    Hearing The News Of The Missle Launch.

[​IMG]

13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've answered all your questions, now have the courage to answer one of mine:

How come Bush is a coward for attacking Iraq and he's also coward for not attacking Iran or North Korea...?
    LOL..!! Boy, you've got some nerve throwing that little line into your posts.

14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Wrong again. he has persued 6 party talks with Russia, China, Japan, S Korea, USA and PRNK.

That has been the tact so far. Do you think the proximity of N Korea's border to Souel + their nukes should influence how we deal with them?

Just to reiterate. If I understand you correctly, Bush is a coward for proceeding unilaterially in Iraq (forgetting our coalition partners of course) and now he is a coward for persuing multilaterial talks in the case of the PRNK.

Well that sure is logical NEM:rolleyes:

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Silly me I thought the problem was the nukes 20 miles from 11 million people in Soeul SK. How naive.:p

It is just being bitter or are you really stupid?

16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

NEM is a great charicature of the radical left. He sits around all day and hates Bush. He thought processes is as follows...

"Boy I hate Bush. I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, and I hate him. And when I'm done hating him today, I'm going to hate him tomorrow. I'm gonna hate him when he acts unilaterally and I'm going to hate him when he seeks coalition. I'll hate him when he attacks and I'll hate him when he uses diplomacy. And when I'm done with that, I'm gonna hate him some more. I'm also gonna his family. I hate his grandparents. I hate his parents. I hate his wife. And I hate his children. Boy I sure do hate him, hate him, hate him, hate him, hate him. I'm going to make sure everyone knows how much I hate him hate him hate him.

"By the way, why doesn't anybody ever take me seriously on the internet bulletin boards...?" - NEM's innermost thoughts

17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's a very dangerous combination of both.

18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Coming from someone who just makes wild unsubstantiated claims :eek:

ROTFLMAO!

19. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

REPOST:
    I've answered all your questions, now have the courage to answer one of mine:

How come Bush is a coward for attacking Iraq and he's also coward for not attacking Iran or North Korea...?

20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This bulletin board does not have the necessary bandwidth for a repost of every wild, unsubstantiated claim you've ever made here.

See, NEM, here's your problem: No one is going to take anything you say serious becuase of how ultra-radical you are and how obsessed with Bush you are. You're a joke. You routinely get made fun of by the other people on this board (even those that don't give two shakes about politics). You hurt your own cause more than you help it.