Welcome to PatsFans.com

Noose Tightens

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Apr 26, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

Maybe the RNC will have a special fundraiser to buy him some kneepads and chapstick, he is a big prize in jail and will wind up being someone's *****.
  3. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

If he broke security and disclosed Palme for any reason (especially to get back politically at Wilson the liar) then he should do jail time. Somehow, I see this as a wishful Democratic wet dream. Meanwhile, we've had a former National Security Advisor steal many confidential documents, destroy some and then deny it. And we've had a CIA leak of covert operations in wartime. Somehow, these activities carry little interest.
    Wonder why? :)
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'd say in the case of the black sites issue, people like myself feel the ends justify the means. If the black sites are illegal, disclosing them would be (while technically illegal) a noble act. The equivilant of not following an illegal order.
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What Wilson said was true, remember. There was no uranium purchased in Niger and the documents were fake.

Libby OTOH has been indicted for perjury. And people are starting to take a close look at the 16 words, which turned out to be completely false, in the 2003 SOTU that Bush gave that got us into Iraq. The Big Lie will not be forgotten as long as our troops are being killed and maimed.

So now, who's the liar??

According to Larry Johnson, former CIA:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_C._Johnson
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  6. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

We see mainstream media reasoning here: Disclosing govt secrets in wartime is OK because only anti-war and anti-administration types possess the moral cetritude to do so while it is NOT OK for a newspaper to disclose their source for a national security leak. Interesting.

I have had a secret clearance and if I had decided to disclose anything to anyone I would have and should have been prosecuted. Jail time is appropriate for any CIA official who without previous clearance discloses secret information, doubly so in wartime.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So if one of Hitler's* lieutenants had betrayed him and turned vital third reich secrets over to the west, saving millions of lives, would you say they'd have deserve to be punished for violating German law at the time?

*I'm using Hitler as an example and in no way comparing Bush to him - as much as I dislike Bush that would be very ignorant.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If the black sites exist they would appear to be in violation of the constitution of the US. If that is the case, people who are aware of their existence have a moral obligation to reveal their existence.

The accused has a right to trial, and has a right to face their accuser. At least, thats how it was before Bush took office.
  9. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

As much as I'd like to see Rove get a long sentence (if found guilty), thats not going to happen as long as Bush continues as President. If he makes it to the end of his term, he will pardon Libby, Rove, and whoever else on his staff that gets jail time. After all, this is a president who hired convicted felons from past scandals.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

There goes another one Harvey :bricks:
  11. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

No, the person would be a hero.