PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nolan Nawrocki Draft Value Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Humble) I was forced to join Planet Patriot for your insight, but about Mayo I was right. Now Joe Staley who was my binky in '07 is a whole 'nother story...
Heh, Staley helped buy NE Moss, Mayo, and Crable - he paid off in the short term and may yet be more for SF as an OL.

When you say the value chart doesn't make sense, do you mean that you disagree with the values on the chart, especially for ...... ?

What I am trying to say is I do not agree where he values some prospects for example:

1)Darrius Heyward-Bey is too high and not on the same level as Oher or Moreno. Brian Robiskie is a second rounder and should be taken after Nicks and Britt

2) Phill Loadholt should not be in the same catagory as Meredith or Levitre and should not be higher then Beatty. Jonathan Luigs is way lower down in the 5th round then guys like Herman Johnson. Trevor Canfield is not even rated on this list and I think he is a solid third rounder for some team. Fenuki Tupou, Oregon they have in the seventh round and he is a for sure mid rounder 3-5.

3) Jarron Gilbert, Connor Barwin and Sean Smith are not third round pospects as I have never seen any of their names in the third round of any mock I have seen recently. They have Chris Baker in the sixth round and that must be because of his character issues because on the field he is a day one pick.

4) I think Raji and Jenkins should swap spots as Raji is in the top teir and Jenkins has fallen to mid first round IMO. Maybin and Ayers should be in the same group not ahead of Everett Brown. Larry English will not make it out of the first round and Jason Williams, Western Illinois is not going to last that long as some 4-3 team will pick this guy up to play their WLB, TB maybe??

Well as I said in my previous post I just do not agree with a lot of his values he has on the prospects. I think some should be higher and some lower but that is why I am here to give my 2 cents or what it is worth:)

Last edited:
:)

I do think that there is a difference between value and mocks. You analysis has been consistent.

With regard to your direct points below,

1) Heyward-Bey is rated better than Nicks or Britt by some. I think that on average, most consider Heyward-Bey in the bottom fo the first. Many do not have Britt in the first.

2) Loadholt has been moving up very fast in the last week or so. A couple of teams must like him. In any case, there is no way that Levitre is rated higher than him, or will be drafted before him. I think the same for Meredith. Beatty is our binky. I do agree with our board that he should be higher than Loadholt, but I wouldn't be betting any money that he will be drafted before Loadholt. Luigs and Canfield are rated higher by us than by others.

3) Gilbert has been rated as a third round talent at DE by several evaluators. that does NOT translate into being drafted in theird round. Most have being drafted in the 50's. There are not many 3-4 DE's in this draft, so he will be drafted higher than his value. This is much the same situation as quarterbacks. One article had the guts to post his results of speaking to scouts. NONE of the quarterbacks are top 10 (or probablt even first round) talents. They will be drafted in the first because there is such a need for quartebacks.

The Anointed One has been called a 2nd round talent at TE and a 3rd round talent at DE/OLB. The patriots send a TE coach to evaluate him, even though he did not play TE last year. Where do teams usually draft such conversion projects? Most have him in the second. Some promote him into the high second or even the low first because of flexibility. I wouldn't consider him until the mid-fifties.

Sean Smith is another project without a position. He is not good enough to be a top value at corner in a terrible field of corners. What is a swing DB worth? More than a third? Why? Is Smith worth more as a safety than any of the top six safeties? Why? I would rather have one of the safeties if I need a starter at free safety.

4) I agree that Raji is in the top group and that jenkins is dropping. But again, you are talking about mocks not value. I agree with the writer that Jenkins is a very valuable commodity. Ayers and Maybin will be drafted more highly that we rate them as 43 DE's, perhaps before 16.

We've discussed English several times. There are a few who consider him a first rounder. Most have him valued in the 40's.

What I am trying to say is I do not agree where he values some prospects for example:

1)Darrius Heyward-Bey is too high and not on the same level as Oher or Moreno. Brian Robiskie is a second rounder and should be taken after Nicks and Britt

2) Phill Loadholt should not be in the same catagory as Meredith or Levitre and should not be higher then Beatty. Jonathan Luigs is way lower down in the 5th round then guys like Herman Johnson. Trevor Canfield is not even rated on this list and I think he is a solid third rounder for some team. Fenuki Tupou, Oregon they have in the seventh round and he is a for sure mid rounder 3-5.

3) Jarron Gilbert, Connor Barwin and Sean Smith are not third round pospects as I have never seen any of their names in the third round of any mock I have seen recently. They have Chris Baker in the sixth round and that must be because of his character issues because on the field he is a day one pick.

4) I think Raji and Jenkins should swap spots as Raji is in the top teir and Jenkins has fallen to mid first round IMO. Maybin and Ayers should be in the same group not ahead of Everett Brown. Larry English will not make it out of the first round and Jason Williams, Western Illinois is not going to last that long as some 4-3 team will pick this guy up to play their WLB, TB maybe??

Well as I said in my previous post I just do not agree with a lot of his values he has on the prospects. I think some should be higher and some lower but that is why I am here to give my 2 cents or what it is worth:)

:)

I do think that there is a difference between value and mocks. You analysis has been consistent.

With regard to your direct points below,

1) Heyward-Bey is rated better than Nicks or Britt by some. I think that on average, most consider Heyward-Bey in the bottom fo the first. Many do not have Britt in the first.

2) Loadholt has been moving up very fast in the last week or so. A couple of teams must like him. In any case, there is no way that Levitre is rated higher than him, or will be drafted before him. I think the same for Meredith. Beatty is our binky. I do agree with our board that he should be higher than Loadholt, but I wouldn't be betting any money that he will be drafted before Loadholt. Luigs and Canfield are rated higher by us than by others.

3) Gilbert has been rated as a third round talent at DE by several evaluators. that does NOT translate into being drafted in theird round. Most have being drafted in the 50's. There are not many 3-4 DE's in this draft, so he will be drafted higher than his value. This is much the same situation as quarterbacks. One article had the guts to post his results of speaking to scouts. NONE of the quarterbacks are top 10 (or probablt even first round) talents. They will be drafted in the first because there is such a need for quartebacks.

The Anointed One has been called a 2nd round talent at TE and a 3rd round talent at DE/OLB. The patriots send a TE coach to evaluate him, even though he did not play TE last year. Where do teams usually draft such conversion projects? Most have him in the second. Some promote him into the high second or even the low first because of flexibility. I wouldn't consider him until the mid-fifties.

Sean Smith is another project without a position. He is not good enough to be a top value at corner in a terrible field of corners. What is a swing DB worth? More than a third? Why? Is Smith worth more as a safety than any of the top six safeties? Why? I would rather have one of the safeties if I need a starter at free safety.

4) I agree that Raji is in the top group and that jenkins is dropping. But again, you are talking about mocks not value. I agree with the writer that Jenkins is a very valuable commodity. Ayers and Maybin will be drafted more highly that we rate them as 43 DE's, perhaps before 16.

We've discussed English several times. There are a few who consider him a first rounder. Most have him valued in the 40's.

I think that you nailed it nicely.

Anyone that does a mock must consider what a player is worth to a team making that pick. Some players are worth more to a team that is a 4-3 vs a 3-4 or a zone blocking team vs a power blocking team.

A value board reflects the overall value of a player regardless of team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes