PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Noel Devine

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
He is a junior at WV now. I'm watching the WV/FSU bowl game. He is a slippery bugger.

I'd love to pick up Devine or Dexter McCluster from Mississippi. Not sure either would last until the 4th round, but we might be able to trade up for one of them. Devine is incredibly elusive. Rumor has it he is likely to return, however.

I'd love to get Devine. Returning for his senior year might actually work well for us since Faulk doesn't seem quite done and the Pats don't have a 3rd round pick, which is where he'll go most likely.

Edit: 16 carries for 168 yards and a TD (1 yd), 2 catches for 28 yards in the bowl game loss

Last edited:
I'd love to pick up Devine or Dexter McCluster from Mississippi. Not sure either would last until the 4th round, but we might be able to trade up for one of them. Devine is incredibly elusive. Rumor has it he is likely to return, however.

McCluster just went for 80 yards untouched. Also was reasonably solid in blitz pickup/pass protection. He actually looks like a skinny, faster Faulk. If Faulk isn't around after this year, I'd spend a 2nd (preferably late) on McCluster.

Devine is just silly fast, but I'm less sure of him in the passing game. Since I don't think either Devine or McCluster is an every-down back, I'm now leaning to McCluster as my Faulk-replacement binky.

I'd love to get either Devine or McCluster.

Leaning towards McCluster.

McCluster just went for 80 yards untouched. Also was reasonably solid in blitz pickup/pass protection. He actually looks like a skinny, faster Faulk. If Faulk isn't around after this year, I'd spend a 2nd (preferably late) on McCluster.

Devine is just silly fast, but I'm less sure of him in the passing game. Since I don't think either Devine or McCluster is an every-down back, I'm now leaning to McCluster as my Faulk-replacement binky.

McCluster is going to the Senior Bowl as a WR. He is great out of the backfield and lined up wide in the passing game. McCluster is much more versatile than Devine is.

McCluster is going to the Senior Bowl as a WR. He is great out of the backfield and lined up wide in the passing game. McCluster is much more versatile than Devine is.

I agree 100%. McCluster had a whale of a season senior. If Snead had been locked in more,just think of how much better McCluster's stats could have been.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back