PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nobody cares about the SB because the Pats aren't in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest and say I won't be watching it mainly because I agree with Presidente.

Nobody wants to see the arrogant cheating cheaters get creamed.

Everyone loves rooting for or against the pats. Ill more than likely watch tho just because its the superbowl, and I love football.... And its the last game of the year.

Or even better:

Which inspired the best GIF of all time:

wvL3rKN.gif

I thought the best gif of all time was that Oprah gif o_O

Don't worry, that gif will be back, hopefully in full force when the Broncos are on offence next sunday :D

• Ha Ha
Reactions: glm
Super Bowl is an American tradition ...

However ... it also has become kind of like New Years Eve ... people like to have parties of family and friends ... staying home so why waste money going to see the game at inflated prices when you can enjoy it more at home? How many times the game ends up sucking ... the party kind of saves the day when that happens. If your teams not in it ... the party is the way to go.

If the Pats made it in, I wonder how many New England fans actually could/would have made the trip clear across the country for that game. If they did get in and I could've gotten a reasonably priced game ticket, I seriously would have considered it since I have a niece who lives in 'Frisco. But damn, that's a long way to go and would've been a painful journey home if they got thumped. I still get irritated thinking about having to sit next to a Giants fan on the flight back from Phoenix eight years ago. :mad:

If it weren't for Peyton, the folks at 345 would be jumping off a cliff. Imagine an Alex Smith--Cam Newton showdown. But at least they were spared that.

Peyton is enough of a draw to make the ratings respectable but the game everybody (including the suits on Park Avenue) wanted to see was any game with Tom Brady and the Patriots in it. Most of the country would have watched, hoping to see the Patriots lose...but they would have watched.

It's only a slight exagerration to say that the only real interest in the game now is to see whether Peyton Manning can win more SB's than Trent Dilfer.

The last time I didn't watch a Super Bowl, Peyton Manning's team got blown out 43-8 so I'm going to stick to that superstition.

Super Bowl is an American tradition ...

However ... it also has become kind of like New Years Eve ... people like to have parties of family and friends ... staying home so why waste money going to see the game at inflated prices when you can enjoy it more at home? How many times the game ends up sucking ... the party kind of saves the day when that happens. If your teams not in it ... the party is the way to go.

No doubt. As odd as it sounds, I'm actually able to relax and participate in the festivities much more than when we're in it.

When the Pats are in the big game, I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't have as much of an appetite, and I sure as hell don't consider it a "party," unless we win and I can finally breathe a sign of relief and relax at the end. With all 6 SBs in the BB/TFB era coming within four points, enjoying the game has been difficult for me.

People would be watching the sb if the patriots were in it to watch us lose. That being said when the pats are in the sb its Always a great game. Obviously not counting the '85 game. At the end there always close, nail biting games, whether we win or lose.

No doubt. As odd as it sounds, I'm actually able to relax and participate in the festivities much more than when we're in it.

When the Pats are in the big game, I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't have as much of an appetite, and I sure as hell don't consider it a "party," unless we win and I can finally breathe a sign of relief and relax at the end. With all 6 SBs in the BB/TFB era coming within four points, enjoying the game has been difficult for me.
No question I lost a year off my life from last year's 4th Qtr....

Regardless, you get to go to a great party at someone's house for the SB. Eat, drink and cheer for yourself to win one of the squares!

Peyton is enough of a draw to make the ratings respectable but the game everybody (including the suits on Park Avenue)

No effing way the suits on Park Ave wanted the Pats in the SB, otherwise they wouldn't have conjured up a witch hunt, fined us and taken the #1 pick, and made Hochy the head ref for the Denver game (Denver is now 8-0 with Hochy IIRC) and had Clit Blakeman waiting in the wings for the SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes