Welcome to PatsFans.com

Nobel Prize Winner: Iraq War Now Beyond Human Comprehension

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 5, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Well I'm glad to hear what a non-baised Nobel Prize winner thinks.

3. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The teachers in usa are bad and biaised . Check

Nobel winners in usa are bad and biaised. Check.

Who's Next?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Didn't AlGore win a Nobel Prize?? Has Al discussed the effects of solar activity on the earth's climate, or is that another "inconvenient truth"??

//

5. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

It's not a conspiracy thing, it's just the truth. And not ALL Nobel Prize winners or teachers are biased, no. But seriously, the trend in recent years is that the Nobel Prize goes to those of a leftist world view or a person who is sympathetic in the eyes of a leftist world view. That's just how it is, and something you have to take into account. I'm not saying this person is dishonest, I'm sure he believes that. But that doesn't mean I don't take what he says without a grain (or lots of grains) of salt. And yes, colleges are heavily biased to a leftist world view. I have a Master's degree in History, I know, I saw it firsthand. Most of the ones I met weren't trying to indoctrinate students or anything insidious like that, but it does color the teachings of their class.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Everything you say is true, but what does that have to do with the Laureate's assertion that national security and the economy are one in the same? I happen to agree. When you don't give equal and interdependent emphasis on the two, one or the other suffers. We see it all the time. Some leaders understand this more than others and none understand both completely. The choice is not A) a president who understands everything about security and nothing about the economy or B) a president who understands everything about the economy and nothing about security. (We've been through eight years of having little understanding about either but that's another thread.)

The choice we're now faced with is which candidate shows a better balance, comprehension and approach to both, which is the point of Stiglitz's assertions. We don't know enough about Clinton's or Obama's approach to either, IMO, but we know even less about McCain's. McCain has already declared his ignorance about economic issues and has staked his entire candidacy on his foreign affairs experience. He has spent a lot of time in that area, but that doesn't mean he has the right approach (I think he doesn't - 100 year occupation? No thanks!) How do we know anything about his domestic agenda?

What good does it do to be "fighting a war" to save billions of dollars in damage and thousands of lives from terrorist attacks when we're spending those lives and spending trillions while at the same time being asleep at the wheel domestically? No thanks. Lots of questions, I know, but the superficial nature of the political ad passing for "debate" in this election don't offer a lot of answers. As usual, American politics will be judged retrospectively, without direction or plan, and we have to hope for the best. And , as usual, the working folks spend another four years taking it up the arse.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

At least this Nobel Winner wasn't Yasir Arafat or Al Gore. :D

8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

9. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +276 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Yasser Arafat won a Nobel Peace prize, Yasser Arafat, how many people has he killed?

The entire Nobel thing is a joke, and everyone knows it.

10. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The prize was awarded joinly to:

YASSER ARAFAT , Chairman of the Executive Committee of the PLO, President of the Palestinian National Authority.

SHIMON PERES , Foreign Minister of Israel.

YITZHAK RABIN , Prime Minister of Israel.

shimon peres and rabin were not saints neither.

How many palestinians did they kill ?
    For every dead israeli , i think hundred palestinians were killed by israel.

11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Obviously, not enough!

They still manage to use and encourage suicide bombers.

12. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

You should take some history classes.

http://www.antiwar.com/reese/?articleid=11920

13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Are you ******* kidding me?

Is it because they are Jewish is that why you and your kind distort?

Yeah the ******* PLO and HAMAS are so peaceful, gimme a break.

14. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No , i am not kidding you.
    Israel was created based on lie (land without people for people without land), and terror which began by terrorizing villagers to leave their houses. Over the years, it has committed enormous atrocities on native people not unlike other western did to native australians, american indians, south americans, or africans.
    Anyone here heard about the villages of Kafr Bir'im and Ikrit? They were Catholic Arab villages that the IDF forcibly depopulated in 1948. The villagers basically had their homes and land stolen from them, and have still been unable to recover them.

15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

100 to 1..? That's horrible..!! Let's hope they get that kill ratio up to 250 to 1 as soon as possible.

16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

All Nobel Peace Prize winners should be rounded up and Waterboarded

:bricks:

17. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +276 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

What???

Israel was created by a UN resolution in 1947. Britian had control over the entire area, and agreed to the UN resolution, because the British did not let European Jews settle there while trying to escape the gas chamber in Germany. Afterwards Israel was attacked by Arabs, Israel defeated them in battle and expanded into the West Bank and Gaza.

Here is an excellent timeline of events.

http://www.trumanlibrary.org/israel/palestin.htm

The bottom line here is Israel was in exsistance for less than 24 hours before it was attacked on all sides by Egypt, Syria, Jordon, Lebanon, and Iraq and they still kicked there collective assess.

WHere did you get your history from? Did you go to Yasser Arafat High?

BTW Yasser Arafat murdered 23 students I went to college with, so I might be slightly biased against him, I'm sure that you would be more enlighted about anyone who killed 23 of your friends for no reason whatsoever, I on the other hand, an a little less forgiving.

18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No. Israel was re-created because the Jews paid their dues via the Hitlerian Holocaust and the two millenia of forced exile that the Romans originally caused by the diaspora of the early years, A.D. After almost 2000 years of wandering as a people without a homeland, after being mistreated, oppressed and pogrommed countless times, the time came for someone to step up and give them back their home land.

Could it have been handled better? Yes. Britain and the U.S. should have done more for the Palestinians than what was done. The Jews who settled back into ancient Israel/Canaan/Palestine should have treated their Palestinian cousins better.

But to say that the Jews should be without their ancestral homeland forever and ever is just wrong. Being deprived of a homeland is the same as saying a people have no right to exist, which is precisely what the Nazi "Final Solution to the Jews" program was all about.

//