Welcome to PatsFans.com

No Wonder The Groupies Hate Him

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Limbaugh:
    Chris (Mush Mouth) Matthews must have to be sedated if he reads the Limbaugh headlines, if Rush posted here he'd be banned.
    RushLimbaugh.com Home

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +486 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Someone needs to stuff Limbaugh's cigar down his arrogant throat. I'd gladly volunteer. He has to be near the top of "America's most hated people" list.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Thanks, Harry, for directing me to Rush's website. I never saw it before!
    His message is so clear and on-point! His ideas are so intelligently thought out and his discussions are so logical and maturely presented...how could anyone say the horrible things you hear about him?

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

I was thinking the same thing, he likes cats.

5. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +852 / 12 / -7

And drugs. Which explains his politics.

By the way, it is comical for anybody to link to Rush and use the word "groupies" and be on his side.

Isn't he the guy who calls his fans "dittoheads" because they hear what Rush says, and say "ditto"? Don't they routinely sign their letters to him "Megadittos..."?

The guy's got a funny little niche in the right wing fact-free zone. Not so much in the rest of America.

PFnV

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

I'm a "Union Man" I have no love for Limbaugh he is Flaming Anti Union but I love the way he drives the Loons insane right up to the point that the Pelosi Gang want him censored and banished, Limbaugh is another Phil Donahue and Al Franken but nobody listens to them.
    Groupies
    75% of Obama supporters are gushing fawning liberal "groupies" we all know that, watch NBC they all have Orgasms every time the word "Obama" is mentioned.

:bricks:

7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +852 / 12 / -7

75%? Please cite the survey. And by "survey" I don't mean "heavily edited video."

You have a strong opinion that people who like Obama have more enthusiasm than political understanding, I take it. However, you have shown your own opinions to be less than politically astute, with very fragile logic (when it exists at all,) and a great deal of emotional content. So your strong opinion is, of course, suspect.

However, I could see how you could come to it.

Consider: We think of people who disagree with us as wrong. When they are wrong and articulate, and when we are being objective, we call them "formidable opponents" or something, don't change our views, and move on.

When they are less informed or less nimble-minded, we consider them "groupies" or "lightweights," don't change our views, and move on.

Those who like to argue politics and public policy are much more likely to vote, in order to transform those views into policies. Across society of course, those same people are more likely to do a little better financially, and so are paradoxically less reliant on the outcome of the vote.

Those who don't vote, because of habit or the disproportionate penalty of time off work for the actual workers in the world or plain old apathy, are therefore more likely to be non-chatterers, if you will. People you would consider lightweights.

Now then: expand the electorate by 10 or 20 million, and add a great deal of enthusiasm even to the more articulate among us. Someone who dislikes Obama will say "Aha! He only won because people are all enthusiastic! Better to have McCain, because nobody's enthusiastic about him!"

What these analyses miss is that McCain was roundly trounced not just on likeability but on the issues themselves. This is why his total arsenal of talking points became a series of names to call Obama.

"75%" are "groupies," you say. Well, let's see a double-blind study, since you have such a precise figure in mind.

Charisma is hard to quantify, Harry, and Obama's got it. I can talk until I'm blue in the face about the things one CAN quantify, but have at times discussed this race IRL, and found myself speechless, because I cannot describe some of the intangible positives Obama brings to the table. To you, that would make me a "groupie," even though my command of actual issues, I dare say, is certainly up to your own level.

You're mistaking pervasive enthusiasm for pervasive stupidity, Harry. I measure stupidity by the arguments individuals make. If the lion's share of their argument depends on namecalling, guilt by association, and logical fallacy, guess what? That makes their arguments stupid. Now they themselves may be perfectly dour and sober and very good mathematicians or geneticists or artists or poets, but that does not help them when one is considering their arguments.

"The groupies," as you call them, are the American Electorate. And yeah, no wonder most of the American Electorate find Rush funny to laugh at as much as with. He's dumb.

PFnV