PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Way Klecko Makes This Years Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbanza said:
I'm not even sure why he has been on the team for as long as he has. Perhaps he has compromising pics of BB?

D. Klecko ought to be eternally grateful that he has something his far superior talented-Dad, never got - an SB ring.

Ciao, Danny. A nice potential story that just wasn't.

It is because he has a massive motor, he just can't find a transmission.

We won't know about Don Davis until the last cut (unless he retires first). Davis is a fine special teamer, and a good use of a roster spot. As always, when crunch time comes, flexible players like Davis often stick.

drew4008 said:
I agee completely, he just isn't an NFL caliber player. I say Don Davis stays though, and everyone always shuts me down on that one, so who knows?

mgteich said:
He will be traded to the jets for a conditional 6th.:)
I would like to see that and grab a player from the scrap heap that could be a great return guy/dime CB or 5th WR from a small school.

spacecrime said:
Ah, yes, the Ron Borges school of pigskin prediction. Keep saying it year after year, and eventually you will be right. Klecko should retire (a Patriot) in 2012 or 2013, and then you can say, "See, I told you so!"

I like short term success so then I'll say:

---No way Flutie makes this team.

---No way Fauria makes this team.

---No way Musinski makes this team.

Last edited:
F.B.N. said:
I like short term success so then I'll say:

---No way Flutie makes this team.

---No way Fauria makes this team.

---No way Musinski makes this team.
I'm not taking any chances:

No way PK Sam makes this team.

spacecrime said:
I'm not taking any chances:

No way PK Sam makes this team.

I'll do you one better.....

There's no way David Patten makes THIS team.

Klecko will make the team.

I said it first.

PatsWorldChamps said:

I said it first.

Being the 1st person wrong gives you the dubious NEM award.

PatsWorldChamps said:

I said it first.

Some guys take two years to get over knee injuries. It's not impossible. (Yes, I am the guy who was accused of being Klecko's agent last spring.:D)

RPCity said:
I'll do you one better.....

There's no way David Patten makes THIS team.

I'll see your Patten and raise you Drew Bledsoe.

so Klecko will take four years to get over a lack of talent?

jczxohn1 said:
Some guys take two years to get over knee injuries. It's not impossible. (Yes, I am the guy who was accused of being Klecko's agent last spring.:D)

Klecko is not the only one.

The only legitimate position he has on this team is run-stuffing ILB. If he cannot make it there, he cannot make it anywhere.
While they're at it, the Pats should also release all the backup LBs except for Beisel (youth, cap hit) and Claridge. That leaves openings for DE/OLB/Elephant and either ILB or OLB, depending on where Claridge plays. I would prefer that the DE/OLB/Elephant position be filled via the draft; the cost of a quality vet may be prohibitive.
At most, the Pats should carry 9 LBs on the 53; this would leave room for a legitimate NT/DT to spell Wilfork (Cedric Woodard?), and a legitimate SS to supplement JSanders and (please God) Rodney. Artrell Hawkins at SS? Absurd.

I think if Klecko gains back the weight he lost to move to ILB, he will be able to become a solid backup NT for us. You aren't supposed to be tall at NT, Wilfork is only 6'1. Still, Klecko doesn't have ideal height at 5'11, but our other backup Mike Wright is like 6'4. If Klecko could somehow get to 300 and keep his quickness he could be a valuable backup. I don't know if that can happen, but I wouldn't bet against a guy who works as hard as he does.

nickw308810 said:
I think if Klecko gains back the weight he lost to move to ILB, he will be able to become a solid backup NT for us. You aren't supposed to be tall at NT, Wilfork is only 6'1. Still, Klecko doesn't have ideal height at 5'11, but our other backup Mike Wright is like 6'4. If Klecko could somehow get to 300 and keep his quickness he could be a valuable backup. I don't know if that can happen, but I wouldn't bet against a guy who works as hard as he does.
Tim Goad played at 285.

nickw308810 said:

So Klecko's LACK of size will actually work to his advantage?

Hmmmmmm......

nickw308810 said:

A 5'11" 300lb nt vs a 6'8" 375lb center? i just cant see it. Where would the leverage be? all the center would have to do it press klecko down, a pretty easy thing to do when you are almost a foot taller. I know nfl.com has klecko at 5'11" but from seeing him in person, I don't think he is over 5'10". I am 5'10" and we saw eye to eye.

That was 15 years ago...

jczxohn1 said:
Tim Goad played at 285.

...and he was considered a small NT back then. I always thought that Goad was misused as a NT. He would have made a terrific UT/DT, ala Warren Sapp.
BTW, Mike Wright was a DE at the University of Cincinatti; at 6'4"-295lbs, he would be a good backup to Ty Warren, NOT Vince Wilfork. In fact, he could replace Marquise Hill if Hill does not show marked improvement in TC.
DE: Seymour, Warren, Jarvis Green, Wright, Hill.
NT: Wilfork, draft pick? cap casualty (Sam Adams)?
Just dreaming out loud.

captain stone said:
...and he was considered a small NT back then. I always thought that Goad was misused as a NT. He would have made a terrific UT/DT, ala Warren Sapp.
BTW, Mike Wright was a DE at the University of Cincinatti; at 6'4"-295lbs, he would be a good backup to Ty Warren, NOT Vince Wilfork. In fact, he could replace Marquise Hill if Hill does not show marked improvement in TC.
DE: Seymour, Warren, Jarvis Green, Wright, Hill.
NT: Wilfork, draft pick? cap casualty (Sam Adams)?
Just dreaming out loud.
Can't see getting rid of Wright or Hill, this yr, anyway. Altho it should be Hill's last shot at making a contribution. Your options for NT b/u makes more of a case for Klecko staying. A cap casualty could replace him but not a 3+ round rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes