Welcome to PatsFans.com

No USPS

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jun 27, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Could your post office be closing? - MSN Money

It can't be good news. Obama needs to bail them out.:singing::singing:

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +585 / 22 / -19

I have always been happy with the P.O. and never understood why it came in for so much criticism. I remember I once participated in a phone survey, and I gave high marks to the PO on every question. The woman said to me, "I've been doing this all day, and you're the first one to give such high marks." Sure, on extremely rare occasion a letter has been lost or damaged, but that's probably about .0001% of my mail that that's happened to. The PO may need to get smaller because of the internet, but I wish they'd simply raise postage to 50 cents, rather than increasing it by a penny now and a penny later.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

It's a beautiful thing when you and I agree, although they'd have to put a moratorium on increases for a lengthy time if they did this.

As I said before, we need to stop home delivery, it would save huge money not to mention getting what has to be crazy bad mileage; although a quick Google didn't give me an answer. Move to big buildings of P.O. boxes for everyone. Except for the very old who refuse to get on the internet, daily home delivery just isn't needed anymore.

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,000 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I'm on the road quite a bit and there really are way too many post offices out there. Kind of silly that they reduced mailboxes and pickups but increased post offices around the country. Not sure what they were thinking. I prefer USPS for packages to UPS ... cheaper and they don't mash the boxes like UPS does.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +819 / 27 / -33

Here in rural RI, that is not an oxymoron, there is a post office for just about every zip code... so that means someone in charge of all these hamlets, rent, utilities and insurance on the facility... it makes no sense and there is a need to streamline this archaic method of mail distribution..

In URI, near where I live, there is a campus post office and less than a quarter mile away the West Kingston Post office.. 3 miles from there the Shannock Post office.. it goes on and on and is the most parochial and inneficient system of all time. Some towns with a population of less than 25,000 there are three post offices.. start at least by going with a county system.

All the mail is picked up and sent to providence for sorting and then sent to wherever it goes..