PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No trades: LeVoir and Tate will fill spots -- Eric Alexander re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people think it is a stretch to think that Tate will soon be playing WR.
But I think its really is because of him that they thought they could cut Joey.
Hopefully it works out. I heard he has been training and studying hard.

I have a hard time, considering that, being on the PUP, he wasn't allowed to run drills or practice at team facilities, that Brandon Tate had anything to do with Galloway getting cut.

The simplest answer is correct here: Galloway sucked.

I have a hard time, considering that, being on the PUP, he wasn't allowed to run drills or practice at team facilities

Well he is not supposed to..

But the Dana Farber fieldhouse doesn't have any windows.

He is already on it. He has a 3 week window and BB is not going to waste a single day of that.

No, hes not already on the 45 man roster. He's not even on the 53 yet.

Belichick has 3 weeks to decide whether to put him on the 53, or put him on IR. The only difference between right now and a week ago, is hes allowed to practice.

I have a hard time, considering that, being on the PUP, he wasn't allowed to run drills or practice at team facilities, that Brandon Tate had anything to do with Galloway getting cut.

The simplest answer is correct here: Galloway sucked.
No doubt Galloway did not work for us, but I also find it hard to believe that Tate has not been working with Moss. I don't want to go into speculations but with BB and his guys being so shrewd, I will not be surprised if they found a way to add him to the wR's;) meetings and some....
The thing is, they are not supposed to, but how can you know for sure if they did or not?

Last edited:
No doubt Galloway did not work for us, but I also find it hard to believe that Tate has not been working with Moss. I don't want to go into speculations but with BB and his guys being so shrewd, I will not be surprised if they found a way to add him to the wR's;) meetings and some....

He's allowed to be at meetings. He just couldn't run any drills or do anything physical. Yes, meetings help, but theres a big difference between watching film with the guys, and actually being out there running with a corner in your face.

Belichick has 3 weeks to decide whether to put him on the 53, or put him on IR. The only difference between right now and a week ago, is hes allowed to practice.

I should have said he is "with" the 45 day roster.. e.g., he is actively practicing with them.

Also, the team chose to start the three-week clock and window by having LeVoir and Tate practice. They could have waited. Along with most of us, I expect both players to be on the 53-man roster soon, either this week or certainly coming out of the bye.

And just BTW, there is no point activating them from the PUP list for the next two games unless they are to be on the active roster. Belichick could use the roster spot in another way.

Last edited:
I should have said he is "with" the 45 day roster.. e.g., he is actively practicing with them.

So are the 8 players on the practice squad, and the 8 game day inactives.

Mgtech, they need to have him practice to see if he can play. I agree that Tate/Levoir will not hit the 53 until Belichick intends to have them get game time. That could be as soon as this week, or 3 weeks from now. Right now, if he doesn't intend to put them in a game, he essentially can keep 2 extra players by not putting them on the 53.

I would be really surprised if there aren't a bunch of UDFA getting tryouts right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey