PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Throwbacks for Thanksgiving (yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waspie (UK)

On the Roster
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been posted, but according to Paul Lukas, we are scheduled to wear alternates only once this year - we're wearing the gray jerseys against the Texans. I've said it before; this is really dumb. It's going to be a cold winters day; surely it's easy to pick out a player wearing blue than gray (and if it's snowy, wearing blue jerseys would force the Texans to wear white).
This is subject to change...

Last edited:
I really dislike the gray jerseys. They are just lame. I can only hope they are smart and let the fans see the throwback unis again. Its been 4 years.

you can see my 'famous' thread 'throwback uniforms'

pity if we will not dress them (i love the red too + pat patriot)

Do we really need 16,000 different threads on the same beaten-to-death issue?

Every day brings a new "Why don't the Pats wear throwbacks?!?!" thread.

Last edited:
With respect, I believe that this thread is valid.
1) This is the first time that I've seen confirmation of when teams will be wearing alternates this year (and I apologised in advance if this isn't news; it was to me).
2) It might end the speculation that we will be wearing throwbacks for the Bears game - speculation which the Patriots themselves fueled by effectively billing the game as a SB XX rematch.
bears-full.jpg

pats1 said:
Do we really need 16,000 different threads on the same beaten-to-death issue?

Every day brings a new "Why don't the Pats wear throwbacks?!?!" thread.
Hey, I take joy in italianpat's posts on this topic. In fact, I opened this thread just to see what he might say. He shows enviable perserverance.

waspie (UK) said:
With respect, I believe that this thread is valid.
1) This is the first time that I've seen confirmation of when teams will be wearing alternates this year (and I apologised in advance if this isn't news; it was to me).
2) It might end the speculation that we will be wearing throwbacks for the Bears game - speculation which the Patriots themselves fueled by effectively billing the game as a SB XX rematch.
bears-full.jpg

Great response, and I too believe this thread was valid. I stopped clicking that older thread long ago and would have skipped this news if it had been put into that thread. Thanks for the info!

Patjew said:
Hey, I take joy in italianpat's posts on this topic. In fact, I opened this thread just to see what he might say. He shows enviable perserverance.

this time i'm not 'guilty' as i have not opened ths thread but as you see many many fans are with the throwbacks.

now i end this matter till i will finally knows that the Pats will dress them.

Last edited:
waspie (UK) said:
Apologies if this has already been posted, but according to Paul Lukas, we are scheduled to wear alternates only once this year - we're wearing the gray jerseys against the Texans. I've said it before; this is really dumb. It's going to be a cold winters day; surely it's easy to pick out a player wearing blue than gray (and if it's snowy, wearing blue jerseys would force the Texans to wear white).
This is subject to change...

The other team will wear its dark jersey when we do the silver alternate. Snow in New England is white, enough of a contrast against a silver jersey with dark-blue numbers; Brady will know who to throw to. Please leave the old red jerseys dead and buried where they belong. I just bought an authentic silver alternate -- it rocks!

Last edited:
NEM said:

NEM: we want only the red throwbacks + pat patriot not to change to the 'old name'...

I thought the gray jerseys looked good when we played dallas at night. but they look awful during day games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back