PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Thanks Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
kurtinelson said:
I am not a fan of Ty Law, and I don't wan't to see him back in a Patriots uniform. Could he help the team? Yes, but I don't like to root for A-holes.

http://www.sociallyabrasive.com/ty_law.htm
Guess you have never been constipated..ha ha..Seriously though as long as greed is his only vice and we know you can never have enough depth in the backfield

Tail between his legs

Actually, I love the way this entire fiasco has played out.

Cutting Law from the team was a perfect example to the other money hungry players on the roster that "that sh!t wont fly in Foxboro; if we're going to release our star SS and trade our franchise QB and cut our pro-Bowl CB, there's no doubt in hell what we're willing to do to you." So, although we lost Law, we still gained, just by firmly establishing the precedent.

Then, fact is, Law didn't get a big multi-year contract on the free agent market. No one wants a slightly aged corner for that kind of money. The Postons look like fools for making their client look like a fool, and then not landing the cash on the backside of the entire negotiation. Belichick called their bluff, and they were left holding nothing.

If Law comes back to Foxboro, I'm hoping that he negotiates the deal himself, after realizing that the rest of the NFL is just not interested, and that the Postons are running him around for nothing. Just before he signs the deal, he should fire his agents, and hopefully the rest of their clients will take a hard lesson.

LAW IN ORDER said:
Look At STARKS Enough Said
Wow, you're on a distiguished road already. That did'nt take long.
The Bronx guy too.

Kdo5 said:
Why have Ty Law take away Samuel's position when he was really improving to the end of the season? Heck, Ellis Hobbs was playing well as a rookie without any veteran support. With Rodney back, they will learn and can we keep a few of the youngsters they will develope into great CB's. At least one of them will.

I feel this way also. Asante Samuel, Randall Gay, and Ellis Hobbs are all miles ahead of where Ty Law was at that stage of his career. Now to be fair, Law didn't have the coaching that the others have had. But the point is Ty Law didn't come out of the womb as a Pro-Bowl Cornerback. It took years of coaching and playing, learning from his mistakes. Samuel struggled a bit last year, in his first full season as #1 CB, but that's going to help him improve. Gay and Hobbs look green, but they've made big plays. I don't think Law could have done much better than Gay did against TO in the Super Bowl.

This goes back to the "improve talent" vs "improve team" issue. Why do we want a guy who's only out for Ty Law around to possibly infuse the Room with a negative attitude? To my knowledge, Law has never been a mentor or "coach on the field" to any young guys before, who he likely sees as trying to take his job. I think his presence here (off-field) will do more harm than good, and I don't think his talent on-field is nearly enough of an upgrade to justify it.

****y was always an assh0le, but as long as he was getting the job done, we were willing to overlook his bullsh!t. Once his play started getting sloppy, though, we couldn't tolerate him any more.

--Warren Haynes on kicking ****y Betts out of the Allman Brothers Band

Last edited:
"Samuel struggled a bit last year"

Been watching the team since the Plunkett-Vataha years and I can't remember worse play at that position. Always 6 yards behind the receiver and he would stumble when the receiver made the cut for the ball. Looked like we were in Prevent "D" most of the year.

Try putting yourselves in Ty Law's position for a moment. He's 32--he has a year or two, maybe three to finish building a nest egg for himself and his family. His profession is playing football. He may like the game as well--I trust he does. He may like the idea of being a Patriot. I hope he does.

Calling him a whore is ridiculous. By that measure, we're all whores. We play for pay. Playing professional football is not an act of generosity, nor is it based on the irresistible urge to be out on the field, playing games and risking your body in the process.

The adult response to Ty Law right now, I believe, is: can this guy help the team win the Superbowl. I think there's a very good chance the answer is yes. I am pretty sure that he is better than some of the others who would make the team if he wasn't around. He may or may not be a coach on the field, but he's not a troublemaker. I'd say, sign him, if we can do so for a fair price.

If he drops 15-20 lbs. and signs for the vet minimum, welcome back.

Ain't gonna happen.

This is where BB will make the right decision...weighing whether Ty's on the field play will help the team more than the baggage and attitude he brings. It IS very true he does not mentor at all..or very little...not HIM I guess.. SO I think BB will make that decision as to what is best for the team...I think he knows all the factors and will make the best one. Good to speculate but...it will all play out over time.

Pats726 said:
This is where BB will make the right decision...weighing whether Ty's on the field play will help the team more than the baggage and attitude he brings. It IS very true he does not mentor at all..or very little...not HIM I guess.. SO I think BB will make that decision as to what is best for the team...I think he knows all the factors and will make the best one. Good to speculate but...it will all play out over time.

Yep. I would have loved to see Ty's workout from last week. Think someone's got it on youtube? (imagining BBs reaction if so)

Digger44 said:
Reply to pic: "Put me in Coach I'm ready to play." "Chill out son, it is preseason."

Do you think BB has ever said "Chill out," not that he's not hip and cool and all but...:D

Actually if you read his lips hes clearly saying..chill daddy-o double b's got it straight up yo

Last edited:
Samuel can't hold Law's jock as an outside CB IMO. Get Law outside with Hobbs and Samuel in the slot and then you have quality players everywhere. Gay and Warfield provide good depth and competition. Am I forgetting someone ?

BelichickFan said:
Samuel can't hold Law's jock as an outside CB IMO.

If we're talking about Ty Law 2000-2003 then I agree. If we're talking about Ty Law 2006, I'm not sure he can't.

DarthPatriot said:
Actually if you read his lips hes clearly saying..chill daddy-o double b's got it straight up yo

That's pretty good. I never considered that BB might know jive and ebonics, but it makes sense.

BelichickFan said:
Samuel can't hold Law's jock as an outside CB IMO. Get Law outside with Hobbs and Samuel in the slot and then you have quality players everywhere. Gay and Warfield provide good depth and competition. Am I forgetting someone ?

I agree 100%. Law would be an instant upgrade to the Pats secondary.

Last year, despite the fact that he was recovering from his injuries, he managed 10 picks and a pro bowl selection. That's impressive. He was fat and out of shape, people....and still played at a high level. Imagine what he can still do IN shape. Shoot, people forget that he was in a wheel chair for quite a while.

They way I look at it, if BB can forgive and forget, so can I!

Last edited:
Garbanza said:
They way I look at it, if BB can forgive and forget, so can I!
That's how I feel. We're talking about adding a known player to the Pats' secondary. Who cares if he is an A-hole- we're not making him our child's godparent. If he can help us win, great. We all already know that the team CAN win with him, so he's obviously not that much of a cancer. Anyway, I'd love to see him back. Plus it helps keep the 2001 memories alive.

if you think this team can win with the corners we have now were screwed teams have beefed up their wideouts like denver when they come to town we need LAW to show that chump c baliey that there is only 1 true #24

bronk37 said:
hey the way i see it is if he comes back to earth in regards to money then he can teach the youngsters some stuff and maybe play safety while rodney rehabs

Those are my thoughts as well. I think he'd make a fantastic safety when he's ready to make that move and would possibly even make as much or more money at that position from here to retirement.

I would certainly feel comfortable with him signing on with the understanding that if Harrison comes back he's a CB and if he doesn't he's a S. It might even be worth a few extra bucks...

just remember that LAW got BB & Kraft to dance name another patriot to have done that amazing feat oh yeah he did pick off k warner in the super bowl guess all you haters are spoiled from the dynasty

LAW IN ORDER said:
just remember that LAW got BB & Kraft to dance name another patriot to have done that amazing feat oh yeah he did pick off k warner in the super bowl guess all you haters are spoiled from the dynasty

FEE FI FO FUM,

I smell a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back