PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Thanks Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've almost changed my mind.

Now that the other teams supposedly bidding for him are on record as laughing at his contract demands, it's kind of like he's grovelling back with tail between his legs.

I wouldn't mind seeing the lowest amount he'll take and watch him have to toe the line to the guy he called a liar and Pioli who he said insulted him with a contract offer.

Or not.

Is there something wrong with the other Ty thread?

Digger44 said:
Is there something wrong with the other Ty thread?
Yes. It's too damn long. I'm going to start following this one exclusively until it gets too long as well. When that time comes, if someone doesn't start the 42nd Ty Law thread of this offseason, then damnit I will, just because it's easier on my hamster-like attention span.

Wow, what memories. After eading this quote I can imagine Law getting booed like crazy his first appearance in a Patriots uniform.

"Last month Law called the Patriots' four-year, $26 million offer "an insult" and "a slap in the face." Law told the Globe this week that he thought negotiations would continue, but the team told him they would carry Law's $10 million salary cap figure into next season.

They told me they didn't want to insult Ty anymore, so they're not going to submit any more offers," Carl Poston, Law's agent, told the Globe.

"When Poston made the Pats a seven-year, $63 million counteroffer that included $20 million to sign and $28 million over the first three years, Pioli reportedly responded with something to effect of "We can't do that. Save the paper."

Last edited:
Dont worry he's not coming to us. The Chiefs...Seattle who knows which team will bid the highest for this guy. Its not worth it when our secondary can vastly improve this year. Why have Ty Law take away Samuel's position when he was really improving to the end of the season? Heck, Ellis Hobbs was playing well as a rookie without any veteran support. With Rodney back, they will learn and can we keep a few of the youngsters they will develope into great CB's. At least one of them will. Screw Mr. Law.

MrTibbs said:
Wow, what memories. After eading this quote I can imagine Law getting booed like crazy his first appearance in a Patriots uniform.

"Last month Law called the Patriots' four-year, $26 million offer "an insult" and "a slap in the face." Law told the Globe this week that he thought negotiations would continue, but the team told him they would carry Law's $10 million salary cap figure into next season.

They told me they didn't want to insult Ty anymore, so they're not going to submit any more offers," Carl Poston, Law's agent, told the Globe.

"When Poston made the Pats a seven-year, $63 million counteroffer that included $20 million to sign and $28 million over the first three years, Pioli reportedly responded with something to effect of "We can't do that. Save the paper."

Its a little late considering Ty played for the Pats the year after making that qoute.

Side note---

Didn't Law talk to Belichick prior to going to New York? Basically mending the fences?

SeanBruschi54 said:
Side note---

Didn't Law talk to Belichick prior to going to New York? Basically mending the fences?
Yep, Belichick and Law are fine. As Felger said tonight, it shows how big Belichick is (no crude jokes, they were Felger's words) that he could let Law spout off and just let it all go and maintain the relationship.

kurtinelson said:
I am not a fan of Ty Law, and I don't wan't to see him back in a Patriots uniform. Could he help the team? Yes, but I don't like to root for A-holes.

http://www.sociallyabrasive.com/ty_law.htm

i'd take Law back in a heartbeat. that other stuff is all nonsense for the negotiating table...

safety health

hey the way i see it is if he comes back to earth in regards to money then he can teach the youngsters some stuff and maybe play safety while rodney rehabs

Thx NEM, for the new outfit. :D

As I've said, healthy and in shape, he would be a good impact player on D.

If the money is right, I want Ty on my team...always. However, I would not overpay for him.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yes. It's too damn long. I'm going to start following this one exclusively until it gets too long as well. When that time comes, if someone doesn't start the 42nd Ty Law thread of this offseason, then damnit I will, just because it's easier on my hamster-like attention span.

That was funny, and reminds me: hamsters are good eatin"!!!

PatsFanSince74 said:
i'd take Law back in a heartbeat. that other stuff is all nonsense for the negotiating table...

Ty Law is a whore. Where are his principles? What about this quote:

"I'm drop-dead serious about not wanting to be a part of this organization anymore." -Ty Law

I'd loved the way he made Peyton shake his head like Opie Taylor during his 3-pick play-off game. Our secondary is soft as hell without him...Playing too far off the recievers and stumbling...Sign him!!!

SeanBruschi54 said:
Side note---

Reply to pic: "Put me in Coach I'm ready to play." "Chill out son, it is preseason."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back