PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No tailgating at the Super Bowl

Making people pay $50 to use public transit from ny to nj that normally cost $15 dollars RT is insane

Or making people pay $51 dollars to get a bus ride to game.

This is all about NJ making millions of dollars of off fans

Even 6 inches of snow and a few auto accidents can shut highways down as we saw this past weekend . I've said from the beginning that planning an outdoor Super Bowl in the Northeast in early February is asking for problems. If it snows, it has the potential to be a cluster**** of the first degree right up there with the Edsel, New Coke and the Obamacare website....
Picture this, it's snowing and the buses aren't running well. You're staying at one of those local hotels within walking distance and you try walking. They don't let you in because you didn't take the bus that is stuck in the snow.... It will make Jerry Jones look like a piker for selling seats that couldn't be occupied at that Super Bowl..

I was in NOLA last year for the week before the Super Bowl, really disappointed as I thought that would be about football, instead it was about corporate america and media. Between 80,000 sq ft tents by Direct TV and all of the private events for the high rollers(my sis in law is a caterer there) finally left on Saturday.....

The Superbowl is not about football fanatics....

I was in NOLA last year for the week before the Super Bowl, really disappointed as I thought that would be about football, instead it was about corporate america and media. Between 80,000 sq ft tents by Direct TV and all of the private events for the high rollers(my sis in law is a caterer there) finally left on Saturday.....

The Superbowl is not about football fanatics....

And that's a dead shame too. The number 1 sporting event in this country being so corporate. Its refreshing watching the college bowl games and the final four, seeing the stadium split in half with both teams colors. Too bad the Super Bowl experience isn't like that.

They have 28,000 parking spots at Met Life that they are cutting down to 13,000. That is insane to cut 50+% away.

There are broadcasting trucks galore with generators the size of a houses. You can spit and hit a party tent big enough to drive a car around inside. I saw at least 25 of these monstrous party tents in Indy.

Not allowing people to walk from area hotels is insane(there are 5 hotels I know with in a mile walk and in crossing highways)

I parked for free at Houston, Jax and Indy and walked to the stadium. In Indy, I saw $100 parking and as high as $200. Parking in Glendale was only $20 IIRC, but a beer inside the stadium was almost $20 too.

Even 6 inches of snow and a few auto accidents can shut highways down as we saw this past weekend . I've said from the beginning that planning an outdoor Super Bowl in the Northeast in early February is asking for problems. If it snows, it has the potential to be a cluster**** of the first degree right up there with the Edsel, New Coke and the Obamacare website....
Picture this, it's snowing and the buses aren't running well. You're staying at one of those local hotels within walking distance and you try walking. They don't let you in because you didn't take the bus that is stuck in the snow.... It will make Jerry Jones look like a piker for selling seats that couldn't be occupied at that Super Bowl..

And, you cant buy a 32 ounce soda at the game either.

Helps to read the article. No. There won't be "packs of Jets/Giants fans roaming the parking lot looking for trouble". Do you know why? Because you aren't allowed to WALK in. Nor are you allowed past security without a ticket or parking pass.

Do you really think people are stupid enough to pay upwards of $2000 per ticket only to get in a fight before the game, hence pissing it away???

If you read my comment, I was saying this was a good decision to ban tailgaiting for the superbowl. I figure most of the packs of losers wouldn't even have tickets to the game and would just be there to troll. The measures they are taking should prevent this kind of crap.

Ever see the draft? No fights, but the Giants and Jets fan troll the draft pretty hard.

I saw the Giants lose to the Eagles in the playoffs at Giants stadium a few years back. I saw 4 fights in the parking lot before the game and that was just the walk from the bus to the stadium. After the Giants lost, there were more fights than I could count. Perhaps you should see a game there yourself, then comment.

yeah, just have to disagree with this time tuna. I want a tailgate, its always been a neutral ground for fans to talk. Its very cool to walk your sons and wife to the opposing fans tent, eat their food and talk for a bit. Its part of the game. Kind of an introduction. Im guessing you were not at our 44 SB tailgate.

I understand the communal concept of tailgating, I do it all the time at home games. Are you telling me that you had a Super Bowl ticket and chose to tailgate in a parking lot instead of enter the stadium area?

My problem is not allowing grills, tables and chairs. You can tailgate without those things easily. People can still tailgate just have to improvise bring cooked food with you, use crock pots, catering dishes. Use trunk space for those and coolers.

My problem is if only allowing 13,000 cars(which you know will be VIP's and high fees) you should allow people to walk to game from hotels, auxiliary parking. Not charge $50 bucks for transportation that cost 15-20 bucks RT normally.

My problem is not allowing grills, tables and chairs. You can tailgate without those things easily. People can still tailgate just have to improvise bring cooked food with you, use crock pots, catering dishes. Use trunk space for those and coolers.

My problem is if only allowing 13,000 cars(which you know will be VIP's and high fees) you should allow people to walk to game from hotels, auxiliary parking. Not charge $50 bucks for transportation that cost 15-20 bucks RT normally.

There undoubtedly will be price-gouging. It's the damn Super Bowl. But I've been trying to tell you guys, YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME TAILGATING AT THE SUPER BOWL! If you tailgate you miss out on what is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. A game ticket gets you into the Disney World of pro football -- exhibits, interactive displays, fan activities, concerts, special food and drink, shops, etc., etc., etc. There will be all sorts of heated tents/covered areas immediately inside the stadium gates and on the concourses. Things to see and do for hours. Anyone who has been to a Super Bowl knows what I'm talking about. It's a different animal altogether.

This has been brought up at our forums. We have tailgated to every NFL game at home or away, and we are not going to change. Not that we have a chance to make the show again, but if we do, we are going to do a well choreographed effort to tailgate in the same area and at the same time.
Maybe work with the opposing teams fans to do the same.

That way is would be more embarrasing for the NFL to stop all of us. We are not giving up our tailgate, good food, and drinking before the game.
Lord knows in that weather we need to be well fed and thoroughly drinking/happy to watch the team, it wont be pretty.

The expense of NYC and the bitter cold may make you re-think tickets to watch Seattle in this SuperBowl.

God I hope that bad weather enables a clusterfvk like this to happen. Epic!

Most likely: 32 degrees, cloudy, light wind.

Maybe not...

Farmers? Almanac Predicts Messy, Stormy Weather for Super Bowl

The Farmers’ Almanac’s official forecast for February 1st -3rd states “Intense storm, heavy rain, snow, strong winds. This could seriously impact Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2.” The Almanac goes on to say that the first ten days of February in the Northeast region of the US could be quite volatile and especially turbulent.

every team with a fincially fesible way to host the super bowl should be able to. how is it fair if only teams like colts, saints, chargers, dolphins, colts, lions and others can potentially play at home in the super bowl and others can't? if the a solution to the traffic cluster **** in foxborough gets figured out we should be able to have one.

Maybe not...

Farmers? Almanac Predicts Messy, Stormy Weather for Super Bowl

The Farmers’ Almanac’s official forecast for February 1st -3rd states “Intense storm, heavy rain, snow, strong winds. This could seriously impact Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2.” The Almanac goes on to say that the first ten days of February in the Northeast region of the US could be quite volatile and especially turbulent.

I've always wondered who the sagacious wizard is behind the Farmer's Almanac.

Tickets would be dirt cheep because loads of tickets would flood the market from folks bailing to watch the game in the comfort instead of fighting the elements.

Tickets would be dirt cheep because loads of tickets would flood the market from folks bailing to watch the game in the comfort instead of fighting the elements.

That's exactly what happened in Philly this past weekend. That 1-2 inc forecast got upped to 3-5 on game day and people were dumping tix left and right. $300 tickets could be had for $100 and $150 for $40...
Extrapolated to the Super Bowl, you might be able to get them at face value which is about $900 -$2600 IIRC

It's annoying, but it isn't unusual. There was no tailgating allowed at the Houston superbowl. and maybe some others.

LOL, but only if the Pats aren't in it. If they are, I want the buses to run smoothly and the stands to be filled with Pats fans!!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back