PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No tag on Moss [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: No tag on Moss [merged]

Here's my take:

I think the fact that the team DIDN'T use the tag means a deal is already in place - either signed and in the vault until the 29th, or a gentleman's agreement. If this was not the case you can be damn sure the tag would have been used - because even if the Pats don't want to be the highest bidder they would have gotten compensatory draft picks.

BB, SP and Kraft are not fools; in fact, time after time they have proven to be very shrewd negotiators. There is NO WAY they would risk letting Moss go for nothing, so they must be pretty sure he is going to be staying.

Last edited:

should they have tagged gay or gaffney insted?

Moss ain't going no where.I bet this story has no life in a couple of days.

should they have tagged gay or gaffney insted?

I'm gonna pretend you didn't just ask this. Tagging a guy is paying him the highest possible salary possible for his position.

A deal has to be in the works. Why else would they let him walk away completely?

I think this just puts a seed of doubt that some one like Parcells, or Jacksonville could come in and offer a boat load of money on the table.. But I say 90 percent that there is a deal in place or Moss would have been tagged..

If Moss leaves, its going to be because

1 Pats felt they got what they got out of him, and will move on

2 Moss had a handshake agreement with 2 fingers crossed..

I'm gonna pretend you didn't just ask this. Tagging a guy is paying him the highest possible salary possible for his position.

As a minor point, it's actually the average of the top 5 salaries at the position, OR 120% of the previous year's salary, whichever is higher.

WFAN in NYC says Pats reportedly have a long-term deal in place with Moss. Just heard it during the news update with Beningo.

Since Moss wasnt franchised..does that mean good news??

is it better news than if he were franchised?

Re: Since Moss wasnt franchised..does that mean good news??

I don't think so...teh runor is more that they have a deal and can not announce it till the 29th...no two deals in a football year... I think there are a pile league wide that are made that can not be announced..

Re: Since Moss wasnt franchised..does that mean good news??

I don't think so...teh runor is more that they have a deal and can not announce it till the 29th...no two deals in a football year... I think there are a pile league wide that are made that can not be announced..

...But watch some clown sue the Pats for tampering with their own player :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back