Welcome to PatsFans.com

No sweat: Spry State policemen cash in

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

This has to end. The deals these people, and other unions get in this state, are ridiculous. You're a state trooper, and you get a raise for not being a lard azz? WTF is that? Look at the salaries these thieves make. I love how they take cruisers home too. Heaven forbid they have to pay their own way to work.

Check out what state troopers make here:

Massachusetts State Payroll - BostonHerald.com

Look at all the dudes making over $100k in extras alone!

No sweat: Spry State policemen cash in

Staties get raises ... just for passing their fitness tests!

By Joe Dwinell
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 - Updated 4h ago

An obscure perk tucked away in the state police contract triggers an instant raise when troopers pass a fitness test - a bonus that has already cost taxpayers $11 million and isn’t being ruled out in the next contract, officials said.

Yet nobody will say if the one-time, 2.5 percent raise given to more than 2,000 troopers who passed a fitness test over the past two years will be repeated. The current state police contract, which boosted troopers’ pay by 19 percent, expires Dec. 31.

No sweat: Spry State policemen cash in - BostonHerald.com

[​IMG]

Good thing we voted no on Question 1. Afterall, the kids wouldn't get books, and the bridges would all fall down....

Man, we so need to double the tolls everywhere, and increase the gas tax. If we don't, the kids wouldn't get books, and the bridges would all fall down....:rolleyes:
  2. Real World

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

Hahahaha....fiscal conservative my as...[​IMG]

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

How bout this instead?
    Fat, out-of-shape troopers get sh!tcanned?

This is beyond insulting! And on top of this they stage illegal protests so they can keep their flag-waver details? Screw that!
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's OK to give fat contracts if your part of the "Law Enforcement Community" and they say you're OK. What a fraud Romney is. I wonder what his b!tch, Jay Sevrin has to say about this?
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +388 / 5 / -2

Aahahahahaha... I figured it wouldn't take long, but I never thought it would be this quick. It looks like everyone wants a piece of the lard arse pie. I swear, you really couldn't make this stuff up.

Boston firefighters want fitness bonuses, too

By Joe Dwinell
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 - Updated 40m ago

Boston firefighters locked in a bitter contract battle with the mayor are pressuring the city to pay them a bonus for passing a fitness test, the Herald has learned.

The proposed workout windfall is similar to the salary bump given to state police troopers in 2006 - which has cost taxpayers $11 million to date, the Herald reported yesterday.

Boston firefighters want fitness bonuses, too - BostonHerald.com

Which is of course why the city has to pay you to get into shape. Of course, showing up on the job drunk, or high after being out on a bender snorting some yayo, helps you live longer. :rolleyes:

FOXNews.com - Report: Autopsies Find Alcohol, Cocaine in Systems of Boston Firefighters Killed in the Line of Duty - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Maybe my old friend Kelso should tell his fellow members to take some exercise tips from this guy.
    [​IMG]
    Boston firefighter Alberto Arroyo lost his job, after participating in a bodybuilding contest, despite claiming he was permanently disabled.

Listen to this clown.

So I guess declaring 9/11 as a paid holiday isn't enough spending money, to save money these days. :mad:
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +306 / 3 / -13

No cop deserves to make $200k/yr, period! What a joke. Why do citizens stand for this? State troopers salaries should be capped at around $100K max.

I could not believe the number of troopers making close to $200,000 annually. Just think about what their pension will be. Does anyone know what the specifics with MA state trooper pension are? Is it 80% of their highest base pay?

If I was a trooper, I'd start preparing to see your pension go down the drain. That just aint gonna cut it in the new economic age.