PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Suspention for Burfict

Status
Not open for further replies.
a8ca4dc8215706cd89e4679daec3ee23.jpg

Not even fined for hitting a player not involved in the play from behind in the knee in an obvious attempt to injure.
But he apologized.

This is just the punishment for the stomp.. Nothing has been announced about the hit on Bennett.. Though I'll be surprised if they do anything.. (yes, I have that little faith in Goodell)

doesnt seem right, i thought prior history escalates the penalty (like it did for suh)

Well.. It did.. It went from 69 to 75.. #integrity

WOW.. The balls on Burfict.. He's appealing the fine.. *SMH*

This is just the punishment for the stomp.. Nothing has been announced about the hit on Bennett.. Though I'll be surprised if they do anything.. (yes, I have that little faith in Goodell)
Yes it has

The letter sent by the league to Burfict makes it clear that the fine arises only from the stomp, and not a hit to the knees of Patriots tight end Martellus Bennett. With the ball arriving as Burfict dove, the clearly dirty hit was not illegal; defenseless receivers have no specific protection against a hit to the knees. (Whether they should is a different issue.)
Vontaze Burfict fined $75,000 for stomp of LeGarrette Blount

A player with a long history of dirty plays dives at the knee of an opponent who wasn't even involved in the play, and then stomps on the leg of another opponent in the same game: $75K fine, no suspension

A model player who has been nothing but a class act during his entire career plays with footballs that were depressurized due to the Ideal Gas Law: 4 game suspension, million dollar fine, team loses a 1st and a 4th round draft picks

#integrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back