Welcome to PatsFans.com

No such thing as sexual harassment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

As the Tea Party activists rally around their last surviving fruitcake in the presidential race, they are now resorting to ever more extreme positions blaming the victims and trivializing their allegations. Where were these people when Clinton was around? How badly he could have used them on his team! I think a Dem should propose that Congress have an official vote apologizing for impeaching Clinton, since they now believe that sexual harassment accusations are simply a way for women to get book deals.

Herman Cain’s Conservative Defenders Are Going Totally Overboard - Slate Magazine

(I recommend the whole article.)

Why not start with John Derbyshire, who put it this way in the National Review: “Is there anyone who thinks sexual harassment is a real thing? Is there anyone who doesn’t know it’s all a lawyers’ ramp, like ‘racial discrimination’? You pay a girl a compliment nowadays, she runs off and gets lawyered up.” ....

Laura Ingraham, who—recall—also has no idea whatsoever what happened between Cain and his accusers, is equally certain that each of the women involved is just greedy: “We have seen this movie before and we know how it ends. It always ends up being an employee who can’t perform or who under-performs and is looking for a little green,” she said on her radio show.

Or take the legal stylings of Kurt Schlichter, who asserts that “the only things you need to file a lawsuit are the filing fee and a printer. Facts are optional. … Where sexual-harassment law once protected women from being forced to be the playthings of crude lechers, it’s been transformed to enforcing a prim puritanism that drains the humor and humanity from the workplace.”

Rep. Steve King doubled down on this theme, calling sexual harassment “a terrible concept,” and lamenting the tendency “to define an action by the perception of the perceived victim.”
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

If this were a dem the media would never have printed the story. You know that Patters and so do I.

There were more stories in the MSM about the anonymous (at the time) charges against Cain than there were about Obama's relationships with Rezko, Ayers and Larry Sinclair put together.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

I read this earlier today...it made me feel sick inside. Sorta like I felt when I read this:
    And this:

in the other thread about Herman Cain's accusers.

Only on a much grander scale, of course, since the people in the article actually have a platform and an audience with which to spread their poison.

What was really scary to me, if you follow the link in the article to a recent poll, you find the following information -

A majority of Republicans — 55 percent — see reports of Cain’s alleged misconduct as “not a serious matter,” and 70 percent say the situation makes no difference in their vote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ions/2011/11/04/gIQApcgSlM_story.html?hpid=z1

which means that WP and 13 aren't aberrations, they're the norm.

As a woman, a mother and a grandmother, I find that more than simply alarming.

As a cynic, I wonder how, if 70% of people surveyed say the situation makes no difference in their vote, there were so many people left who were calling for Anthony Weiner's head on a platter when all he did was indulge in sexting with totally willing partners.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Right....Anthony Weiner never made the news.

And nothing, NOTHING, will ever equal the press coverage that speculation about Obama's birth certificate, Obama's social security number, Obama's father and Obama's GPA has gotten for the last 4 years or so.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

Weiner made the news because pics of his package he emailed were posted on the Internet.

What is more comparable are the allegations of Larry Sinclair which were ignored by the media.

ABOUT « Larry Sinclair
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Because, quite simply, it is an idiotic allegation..

The right is getting more desperate daily.. and with every comment they look less and less intelligent.
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

BTW this is the email that was considered sexual harassment by Cain's accuser when she played the same card at her next job:

This is sexual harassment? LOL
  10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

It is no more or less idiotic than the smear of Cain. The difference is yor love for Obama and hatred for a black conservative.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The worst part of this "scandal" is that it distracts us all from the undeniable willful ignorance, lack of readiness and other disqualifications Herman Cain represents. He could not be elected to any office (other than maybe governor of a southern state), never mind the highest one on the planet.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The defending of Cain by those on this board who know nothing about the situation is not shocking at all...It would be odd if they actually took a step back and looked at the situation.

I recall when Anthony Weiner was in the same boat of denial, and liberals rushed to his defense too (self included)

BUT...there came a tipping point for me. It was hearing the response from Weiner himself. I can tell when a guy is flat out lying, most can as its pretty obvious. There is a ton of finger pointing, a ton of denials, and retractions as more news comes out.

This Cain thing will end the same AND differently. Mostly because of the people who back each person.

Weiner shot some dik-pics, sent 'em to ladies, and resigned when they became public.

Cain will raise more $$ than any other candidate, more women will come out and say what we all know to be the truth, and will get more white republicans to bash women in forums like this, get nominated...then dominated by Obama.

tick tock, numbnutz...

PS: Pokemon called, they want 15% of the PAC $$$ for use of their copywritten material.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The Perry camp started all of these rumors, they cooked it up at a retreat at his hunting camp.. "n..erhead".

Did not defend Obama, know that is confusing.. but your allegation, from this little known or unknown source is idiotic..

As a mod you should try to stick to the topic at hand instead of continually hijacking threads..

You brought up Clinton in the other thread in an effort to hijack that one.

How about if these allegations are true??

Why did the NRA make a settlement, if there was no veracity to this claim??
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

NERVOUS Gang Bangers Robbing A Convenient Store

"yo you mother stickers, this is a f-ck up"
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

What do you expect from someone who says that it can't be sexual harassment if a man isn't the woman's boss and, no matter what he touched, said or did, he didn't do anything wrong as long as he took her home when she asked him to?

Why heck, his own daughters wouldn't even mention such a thing if it happened to them because they're strong women and, I presume, they'd just take it all in stride.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

Good article about D Axelrod and his history of sexual smears to help Obama:

David Axelrod's Pattern of Sexual Misbehavior - HUMAN EVENTS

But when you can't run on your record you go back to what you do best.

Problem was that Cain has been married for 45 years no divorce records to get .
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

I guess you've changed your mind again, huh? I guess when you can't make one wilda$$ed accusation stick - you make another one. That's right out of the Cain smear book, isn't it? You do them proud, 13.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...12/839262-herman-cain-wrong-answer-page2.html

Yeah, something you seem to forget when you don't even question the propriety of Mr. Cain wining and dining various females all over the place.

Where is Mrs. Cain, anyhow? I know he says his family's off-limits and all - and I'm willing to respect that, although I do wonder how such a shy retiring woman would do as First Lady since it's a kind of public position - but he and his supporters sure doesn't seem to shy away from mentioning personal details about the families of his accusers.

Once again - more hypocrisy.
  18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Oh, come on, the Cain story has legs because there were settlements and four stories came out in a short time. All the Obama stories you cited had significant coverage, but they really haven't amounted to much.

The Rezko story was thoroughly vetted by the press, and basically it was found that Obama made the highest bid on the home and Obama bought the land for fair market value, from someone who was probably hoping to get in good with Obama. There is no evidence of any impropriety on Obama's part. While there are some plausible theories on the right, no one ever found a smoking gun.

The Ayers story was thoroughly vetted too, and if you want to believe that Obama is a closet friend of terrorists, be my guest, but Obama's extremely limited association with Ayers was well after Ayers was involved in anything other than as board members on an anti-poverty group. There is no evidence of a significant friendship between them.

Larry Sinclair made outrageous claims about having sex and doing drugs with Obama, but offered no evidence. No other people were aware of this. No other witnesses were around. There is no corroboration from the lounge where he supposedly hung out with Obama. No one else has come forward with similar stories.

In Cain's case you have women who made claims and the NRA made settlements. On top of that you have a woman who made claims, and has two friends to corroborate that she told them about what happened shortly after it happened -- the same standard by which you choose to trust Juanita Brodderick, whose story certainly had its 15 minutes of fame. Besides, right now these stories are only getting their 15 minutes of fame. If the stories persist for months, without any new details, then you might have a point.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

Which accuser?
    and according to whom did she say this was harrassment?
  20. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +145 / 2 / -1

No, most of us are still well aware of that.

Even 13 is. That's why he won't take me up on my wager. :)