Welcome to PatsFans.com

No space at Blair House for Obama Family on Jan. 5th

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 13, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

I guess the tradition is that the prez elect and his family move into Blair House on Jan 15th to aid in their transition.. Obama wanted to move in on Jan 5th so he could have a base for his girls to start school. Come to find out it is booked, even though they will not say who it is booked for... looks like the the niceness is getting old for the Bushies...

In the interest of being fair and balanced, have included both the Newsmax and NYT story...

Newsmax.com - Bush Rejects Obama Blair House Request

Sorry, We’re Booked, White House Tells Obamas - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

2. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,753 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

I'm sure they can find other accomodations.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

I voted for Obama and as much as I'm looking forward to his presidency he and his family aren't right about everything. Just because they want to stay there does not mean the earth should move to make it happen.

It's even possible Obama may be getting a little too pushy. I'm not saying he is. But just because this is an issue between the Obama's the current president of the US, does not mean Bush is wrong and Obama is right.

I will refuse to see Obama as golden or untouchable in the coming years. After all, the truth is, he's just like any other president elect until he proves himself.

Even though I'll admit that I didn't mind it, the mainstream media has treated him with reverence he's done nothing to deserve. I really hope the media shakes off this childish admiration and just does their job....which is to report the news and not act as if they are part of some magical historical ride.

The "history" was over as soon as we voted him in. It was awesome and it was even somewhat magical, but not anymore.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  4. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,753 / 12 / -15

#75 Jersey

Pushy?

Did you read the article?

"Obama aides say they understand the complex White House schedules and say the Bushes have been very helpful."

They asked because their kids start school Jan 5. They were told no. They said 'Thanks anyhow, we understand'.

Seriously, PR, why manufacture an "issue" out of this?

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

That is not the contention here, just reporting what is goin on.. read whatever you want into this.. find it interesting the people who are using is a big secret... why not say who will be there Jan. 5-15th???

He will adapt, but find it an interesting story..

6. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

shmessy, I didn't manufacture anything. My comment that Obama "may" even be getting too pushy was a general statement as to his aggressiveness to push policy even though he isn't president.

I'm a HUGE Obama fan. but if you read through my post, you should have gotten the sense that my main point is that I don't want a media that is in love with a president who at this moment in time has accomplished nothing.

It can not be denied that the media has shown a level of infatuation with Obama. It was even discussed on CNN last night and we both know CNN is left of center in media circles.

I made my comments because this thread was posted as a "no room at the inn" post. It kind of implied Bush did something wrong...and he hasn't. And I am in no way, shape or form a Bush supporter.

I'm just saying "hey, lets get over any childish infatuation we have with Obama". Whether it's in the news, on this board or in your home. There is no basis for it. And you & I know that's a true statement.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

"why not say who will be there Jan. 5-15th???"

Why not comment on Blagojevich? Same thing really...

Maybe it's some buddies from Texas or some big oil executives family...who cares really. I contend that you posted this for reasons other than "just reporting what is going on", but only you know the truth on that.

The real truth is that it's just not an issue.

Not saying you, but there are some who like to push the "Evil Bush vs. Good Obama" fantasy. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true!;)

8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +602 / 16 / -15

#24 Jersey

January 15 = January 15. It doesn't equal January 5. Not sure what the issue is here.

9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

There is no issue here...move on.

Sometimes we like to create issues for the sake of debate.

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

The issue was not about debate, just pointed out an interesting article.. another poster chose to make it an issue...

I find it fascinating how much information we are given in this day and age, not sure I remember any details when Clinton or Bush moved in.. to find that they move into Blair House on 1/15 is an interesting factoid and something never thought about..

11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well maybe the simple pointing out of an interesting article that ended with this little commentary from you jump started an issue:

" looks like the the niceness is getting old for the Bushies..."

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

You are correct, probably should not have said that as it diluted my intent..

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Darryl,

You contradict yourself by saying there is no issue here. Obviously YOU believe there is otherwise you would not have posted this as the subject of your thread. Unless you're saying that you typically find a subject with no point and decide to post it here for no reason at all.

Now, I KNOW there is no issue here. But I think you believe differently even though you're backing down from admitting it.

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 2 / -9

I agree, you are right on with this one, I'm glad you said it so inteligently, I would have gat all mad and started using the "F" word and a lot of of other unpleasant sh!t, Obamma will have to wait his turn like all other presidents have, he will have his day.
    I'm sure that Obama being America's New Messiah and the next president Of The USA that he will be able to get his kids to school Ok (I hope they don't have to walk through the snow)

This was purposely done to make the Bush's look bad, it's just a little trick for the media, the people know.

(Queen Oprah is already packing her bags, she can't wait to get into that Lincoln bedroom)

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

You think that's gonna butter Oprah's bread Harry? :D

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

Difficult to judge another person's intent, without regard for semantical arguments still find the amount of info incredible and fascinating.. never thought about this stuff before...

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Since I'm an Obama guy, I don't wanna beat you up on this too much. But if I were a detective and was trying to prove that you purposefully posted this to instigate Bush supporters or just anti-Obama people, I'd just show your history of antagonizing these groups of people.

I think I could get you in a court of law. Look, I'm not saying that there aren't plenty of people doing the opposite of this. God knows we have our daily "what about Obama's bc?" or "why isn't he answering questions regarding Blagojevich?" bullsh1t.

But if you weren't you for a minute and you read your opening post, I think you'd agree with me.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

Does not matter anywhere else except in this unreal/surreal world.. do not completely disagree, but still found the Blair House thing interesting if not fascinating.. as intimated before, find the amount of information we are able to obtain in this day and age beyond any expectations..

19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +446 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Ok...if you wanna stick to you fascination rationale, I'll accept it.;)