PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No sideline reporters for CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNPatsFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Unlike the other networks, CBS will not have sideline reporters.

``In my opinion, the guys in the booth are going to tell you what's going on in the game," he said. ``They're trained guys, and the less distractions, the better, the more you can concentrate on the football game. How many times can you interview the coach running off the field at halftime?"

(from today's Globe)

Personally, I am all for getting rid of sideline reporters. I don't care about interviewing players and coaches in between every play. I just want to watch the game.

ESPN has always driven me nuts with Suzy Kolber on the sidelines. Not only do we have to have her interviewing somebody every two minutes, but she goes on and on and you miss half the game. Even worse, the questions, like "Coach, how key is it that your tee-umm beat the other tee-umm?"

Thank god I've watched stuff like last night and the Hall of Fame game, people are intercepting passes and scoring touchdowns and all we are hearing is this stupid little interview down on the field. Thank you CBS!

Yea, I agree the sideline reports just take away from the game. And while we're on the subject of things that take away from the game I'd like to get rid of the commercials too.:D

reflexblue said:
Yea, I agree the sideline reports just take away from the game. And while we're on the subject of things that take away from the game I'd like to get rid of the commercials too.:D
Or at least not go to a commercial at the end of every DRIVE after EVERY punt after EVERY kickoff. It f**king pisses me off.

But without sideline reporters we would never have had the "I just want to kiss you," moment. And I just thank God I was tuned in to see it.

Hoodie said:
But without sideline reporters we would never have had the "I just want to kiss you," moment. And I just thank God I was tuned in to see it.
I know it, one of the football moments that I was really glad to be able to witness live. I was on the phone within minitues to my Dad and a bunch of uncles all over the country laughing my ass off. :D Ahhh... history.

2004-10-15-inside-namath-ko.jpg

"I jesh wanna kisssssssshhhh you"

Last edited by a moderator:
At one time not all that long ago, 10-20 years ago (before the first big contract agreement between the NFL and the networks) you didn't have the ridiculus stoppage in play that you do now. I can't watch those commercials, I'll click on to another game. It really interupts the flow.IMHO

Last edited:
Yea that was good,but it's the only one i can remember in the last twenty years. i.e (THE KISS)

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
I know it, one of the football moments that I was really glad to be able to witness live. I was on the phone within minitues to my Dad and a bunch of uncles all over the country laughing my ass off. :D Ahhh... history.

2004-10-15-inside-namath-ko.jpg

"I jesh wanna kisssssssshhhh you"

Me too. Except I was on the phone to my mother screaming, "did you just see that?!" Truly a wonderful moment.

Last edited:
HAHAHA. I was watching with my dad. My dad had some drinks but even he was like "wtf is wrong with this guy"

:D

Hoodie said:

I still remember watching that in utter disbelief. It was surreal. And then spending at least 3 hours laughing it up at the expense of a couple Jests fans I know.

Also, sideline reporters suck.

Hoodie said:

You are so right...and without sideline reporters I won't be able to say to my wife, "Man if I were that bad at my job I'd get fired."

:woohoo: show the game!

Kdo5 said:
HAHAHA. I was watching with my dad. My dad had some drinks but even he was like "wtf is wrong with this guy"

:D

LMAO! I stopped drinking that night once I saw broadway joe almost rape her on national tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back