PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No run game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the running game looks awful. You long for what we had 10 years ago? That is a lifetime for most NFL players or coaches.

The game has changed.

An effective short passing game is the equivalent of a decent running game, except it gains more yardage.

Check the recent Super Bowl winners, and you won't find any that look like the 1978 Patriots that set the NFL single season record for rushing yardage

The game has changed.

An effective short passing game is the equivalent of a decent running game, except it gains more yardage.

Check the recent Super Bowl winners, and you won't find any that look like the 1978 Patriots that set the NFL single season record for rushing yardage

True but most of them could run it when it counts

How good is LaGarrette Blount? Seriously? Out of every two down back in this league, say there are 64 relevant ones, where does he rank? 30th?

He is about 24th is Yds/Att but he has limied upside to rip a 50 yarder or make someone miss? So doesn't that hurt his ranking?

This team better figure out how to run the ball better. The QB is 38 and taking a ton of shots. Don't give me that short passing game is a running game. Your 38 year old qb is taking shots. Start working on scheming up some run plays this line can execute. They don't respect it so they are just b lining it into the backfield. Traps, draws, counters or whatever. We need to start handing the ball off more often regardless of the result. Brady is getting the snot beat out of him!

This isn't really the game to get up on your hill about the run game. Running game was fine today, should have stuck with it in the 2nd half.

Send the GL package out and run it 3 times with Blount- TD and no INT

Run it after the Brady reception- No INT.

This isn't really the game to get up on your hill about the run game. Running game was fine today, should have stuck with it in the 2nd half.

They ran it 16 times. I really think your missing the point.

The only good thing that Blount does is not fumble. It's hard for him to get yardage by himself.

No run game

I hate that we cannot run....
Every year this offensive scheme moves further away from what we were 10 years ago. I REALLY miss Corey Dillon. :(
We actually won a superbowl just last year with this offense :D

Was exactly my thought .Couldve run 4 times if need be with michael williams as the extra blocker. At the very least on 2nd down.Just overthinking. Dont know if brady changed plays or something.

Corey Dillon should be in the Hall of fame, of course we miss him. Dion Lewis was a find and that sucks.

Do we have a running game of role players? Sure, if we use them right. Blount can be a force, he just needs to go forward and get low at the line. In space, he's a beast. Bolden is not a bad RB/receiver for a back. He hasn't had a chance for years. White, better receiver, but flashes at RB lately.

It could be worse. speaking of Dillon, remember being so low on RBs we used Dillon as a one legged pogo stick going sideways through the line?

If this new Trey guy can run at all like Dion, we've got some players if they practice and work hard. If they all practice hard and smart, we can have enough there.

you don't need a running game to win the SB
we beat the seahawks without one..same with the ravens.

brady can win games dropping back fifty times as long as the line holds/edelman/dola get open.

none of that is working now. come back to us jules.:(

I thought the running game looked good today. Then we had all those errors and got behind and had to just start throwing.

I thought we stopped running well before the game got out of hand, though a lot of that probably is because of the breakdowns on the Oline. All night it was TFB having to pull an Rodgers due to the pressure.

Once again, Bill & Skippy in their arrogance abandoned plays that worked (e.g.: Damarius Johnson
jet sweep in 1st quarter) in favor of plays that didn't work (e.g.: passes to Brandon LaFAIL).

They way they treat the running game is a feckin disgrace.

Blount looked good in the first half running...we need to stay consistent and not forget about the run game. It will help the O-Line.

you don't need a running game to win the SB
we beat the seahawks without one..same with the ravens.

brady can win games dropping back fifty times as long as the line holds/edelman/dola get open.

While it's hard to argue against you due to the fact that they pulled off THREE double digit deficits in the postseason without any semblance of a running game, I'd equate their chances of pulling it off again to trying to catch lightning in a bottle...twice. The odds aren't in our favor at all.

They don't necessarily "need" to run the ball to make a postseason run, but their chances improve dramatically if they're able to find balance. There are many reasons for that, such as controlling the clock, keeping the opposing team's offense off of the field (PIT, CIN), masking your inferior pass protection, and obviously keeping your chances alive by protecting your franchise QB. To take it one step further, it also wears the opposing defense down and instills confidence in your guys who are playing well physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes