PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Respect for Our Rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

14thDragon

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
On NFL.com http://nfl.com/news/story/9642187 kirwan has a story on rookies starting and has only 3 starters on last years play-off teams. 1 for the giants, 1 for the Bucs and 1 for the Seahawks. Now correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that list at least missing 2 of our guys.

IIRC, Gostowski and O'Callahan are both starting for us on Sunday and both were drafted this year. Am I missing something here?

I wonder how many other errors he made with other teams...

14thDragon said:
On NFL.com http://nfl.com/news/story/9642187 kirwan has a story on rookies starting and has only 3 starters on last years play-off teams. 1 for the giants, 1 for the Bucs and 1 for the Seahawks. Now correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that list at least missing 2 of our guys.

IIRC, Gostowski and O'Callahan are both starting for us on Sunday and both were drafted this year. Am I missing something here?

Gost and O'Callahan are starting sunday.But last year.we Had Mankins,Ellis Hobbs and Kazcur, on the field.Since BB has been with us.We do seem to see more impact from our rookie players.Understood though that injuries were a factor.

Clonamery said:
No, Kirwan is....

O'Callaghan I could see getting lost in the shuffle. OL often do. But Gost? Come on! AV is the most hyped departure of our offseason!

Maroney..hello??

Joker said:
Maroney..hello??

I'd be surprised if Maroney is starting. IMO Dillon will get the nod in this first game.

Willie Andrews, Stephen Gostowski, Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, and Ryan O' Callaghan will all be starting at some point this season.

mavfan2390 said:
Willie Andrews, Stephen Gostowski, Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, and Ryan O' Callaghan will all be starting at some point this season.

Which part of our team will be devastated so Andrews can start, defense or offense?

Brownfan80 said:
O'Callaghan I could see getting lost in the shuffle. OL often do. But Gost? Come on! AV is the most hyped departure of our offseason!

In an Aug. 30 article Kirwan lists Gostkowski as a starter and the article even has a photo with the caption "Stephen Gostkowski impressed the Patriots coach staff enough to give him the starting kicking job":
http://nfl.com/news/story/9628281

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill