PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Reports / Photos Nuthin out of Rookie Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Morse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wow ... I know they are not open top the media but at least Patriots Today covered it and showed some photos in the past.

I've been wondering the same.

With the two high-profile ACL injuries that have already happened at other rookie camps, I'm in a "no news is good news" mindset right now.

Hell, if they had video or photo evidence of Brown going down with an ACL, the Pats would be losing 2 firsties the next couple years. Probably good reason for it.

Maybe we'll get some reports and photos Monday, after the rookie mini-camp has concluded.

In the meantime, I stumbled across one played that was invited for a tryout that I had not previously heard about. Obviously very much a longshot to even make the practice squad, but you know how Belichick likes his special team guys.

Badgers football: Kenzel Doe earns opportunities with New England Patriots, Houston Texans

Kenzel Doe will have two chances in the coming weeks to earn an NFL contract.

The former University of Wisconsin wide receiver was invited to the New England Patriots’ rookie minicamp this weekend after not being selected in the NFL Draft, according to agent Josh Apple.

If he doesn’t earn a contract from New England, Doe will head to the Houston Texans’ rookie minicamp the following weekend.

At 5-foot-8, 175-pounds, Doe is undersized but showed off his athleticism and strength during the Badgers’ Pro Day in March. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 seconds, had a 37-inch vertical leap and even out-benched right tackle and second-round draft pick Rob Havenstein with 22 reps of 225 pounds.

Doe caught 42 passes for 379 yards and one touchdown in his UW career, including 17 catches for 197 yards last season. He also returned kicks for the Badgers.​

On a semi-related note, I was somewhat surprised to see that the Bills had eleven players in for tryouts, in addition to their draft picks, thirteen undrafted rookies and returning practice squad players. Maybe that's due to the coaching change, but it sure seems like a lot of players (39) that you're trying to assess and teach in such a short span of time. If I recall correctly the Patriots, by contrast, typically only invite about three players for a tryout during rookie mini-camp.

2015 Buffalo Bills rookie minicamp: Full roster and 5 things to watch for | syracuse.com

Devin Gardner will begin camp with Patriots on Thursday | MLive.com

ANN ARBOR -- Devin Gardner's transition to wide receiver will officially get underway Thursday when the New England Patriots begin their 2015 rookie minicamp.

Gardner, the former Michigan quarterback, signed an undrafted rookie free agent deal with New England on Saturday, shortly after the draft came to a close.

If there's an interesting connection between Gardner and the Patriots -- outside of former Michigan quarterback Tom Brady -- it's New England wide receiver Julian Edelman. Edelman also transitioned from a college quarterback to an NFL wide receiver, and shares the same agent as Gardner.

Gardner's experience as a wide receiver is limited, but it does exist. He caught 16 passes for 266 yards and 4 touchdowns as a sophomore at Michigan in 2012.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back