PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No recording of Walsh/Goodell meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/13/the-waiting-game-continues/

Now that the NFL’s version of the three-hour-plus meeting between Commissioner Roger Goodell and former Pats employee Matt Walsh has been fully disseminated and digested, the sports media has shifted back into neutral as they wait for word from Senator Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) regarding the outcome of his own meeting with Walsh.

We’ve got a feeling that Specter’s version of Walsh’s comments won’t sound as rosy for the Pats as did the statements of Goodell.

The tiebreaker in this regard would then be Walsh himself, who presumably will share with the media some of the things that he said and/or didn’t say.

We’re not saying that Walsh won’t corroborate everything that Goodell says that Walsh said. But we need to keep in mind that, for now, we’ve only heard Goodell’s version of what Walsh said. We’ll eventually hear Specter’s version and, most importantly, Walsh himself.

And here’s the kicker. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us that the session with Walsh was neither audiotaped nor videotaped. This means that, if a discrepancy emerges regarding the contents of Walsh’s comments, the only evidence in that regard will be the recollections of the persons who attended the meeting, as supplemented by any notes they might have taken.

hope it does not turn into a he said,he said shouting match.

I wonder when we'll hear Walsh's recording of his talk with Goodell - from the recorder he snuck into the meeting. :D

Last edited:
They won't let the gravy train die. Forget "the tirbreaker" all that matters is punishment from the NFL and no more is coming.

Good Night.

I wonder when we'll hear Walsh's recording of his talk with Goodell - from the recorder he snuck into the meeting. :D

lol I'm waiting for the press conference where he reveals a taped phone call he placed to BB's offices.

Walsh: "Bill what do you want me to do? Just tell me what you want me to do?"

BB: "It is what it is, Matt. Now can I have my tapes of the San Diego cheerleaders back?"

Last edited:
Wasn't part of the agreement that paved the way for Walsh to speak to Goodell that Walsh tell the truth? If Walsh starts embroidering or tells a tale that conflicts with Goodell's aren't all bets off? Couldn't the Pats then sic the cops on him not to mention their own lawyers.

Wasn't part of the agreement that paved the way for Walsh to speak to Goodell that Walsh tell the truth? If Walsh starts embroidering or tells a tale that conflicts with Goodell's aren't all bets off? Couldn't the Pats then sic the cops on him not to mention their own lawyers.

Yes. That's in the agreement.

I would imagine that Specter is going to take the rest of the day to figure out HOW he's going to weasel out of the "There was taping during the Super Bowl" comment. I mean, where do you go from there???? He's screwed.

Hell, I say Kraft sues him too.

If he says something that is obviously and patently not true--so patently untrue that he basically would have to know he's lying--then the Pats can sue. But he is protected from unintentional untruthfulness (in other words, if someone could reasonably believe that he belived he was telling the truth, he's in the clear).

Under the circumstances, though, I don't think there's anything at the moment, other than general douchery, that the Pats would consider suing him for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes