PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No reason to not finish 14-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The patriots have a fairly easy upcoming schedule. There is no reason the patriots shouldnt finish the rest of the season undefeated. The only teams I think we might struggle with the rest of the season is Jacksonville, and Chicago. We all know both of those teams are very beatable, and for the pats to be taken more seriously around the leauge, those are two games we must win. Either way, we win our division with ease, and make the playoffs, but that is not my concern. To me the pats havent played well in any game with hype behind it, and the playoffs are nothing but hype, so i still think the pats have things they need to prove.

expecting a team to go 8-0 is asking a bit much. teams/players can have bad games. rex grossman could forget he's shaky and play the game of his life. insert generic "any given Sunday" saying.

I agree and disagree.

I think we can easily get a bye in the playoffs because Denver and SD will get beaten up within their division schedules. Then, homefield will really help in the playoffs.

I disagree with not playing big in big games. The performances in Minny and Cinci were huge. This season has a whole new look w/o those wins.

The remainder of the season is a key time for the "O" to gel and to stay healthy. A greater emphasis has to, and will be, emphasized on the run game as the weather gets colder.

The games vs. Jax and Chi are very winnable. The key will be to protect Brady and be tough on D.

The game vs. Indy was very winnable. Manning threw a few ducks i n the air that were caught by his guys. Ask Favre and Bledsoe, those ducks usually get picked by the other team.

I look forward to seeing this team gel down the stretch and prepare for a playoff run.

Thanks for the feed back lloyd, i agree with everything you said, but to me cincy and minny are both not that good

At the time, though, both Minny and Cinci were highly regarded.

Prove it by beating a tough Bears team at home! Prove it by beating a tough and hungry Jaguars team on the road. If they can't do that ...forget about winning in the playoffs.

Some of you guys need to get real!

Pat, buddy, you need to relax!

There are 8 games left in the season, WAY too much football ahead.

Yes, the Cinci and Minny games were big wins. Yes, the Denver and Indy games were big losses. But, if we were 8-0 right now, it still guarantees nothing for the playoffs.

During last Sunday's game, opening drive, I noticed that Indy was putting 7-8 guys in the box. I told my buddy that they were gonna go deep, take advantage of 8 in the box. But, Brady throws a pick on a bad throw. These things happen. The game, regardless of how bad the entire team played, could have been pulled out at the end. If the pass does not tip out of Faulk's hands the Pats could have easily tied the game and possibly won in OT.

LloydBraun said:
Pat, buddy, you need to relax!

There are 8 games left in the season, WAY too much football ahead.

Yes, the Cinci and Minny games were big wins. Yes, the Denver and Indy games were big losses. But, if we were 8-0 right now, it still guarantees nothing for the playoffs.

During last Sunday's game, opening drive, I noticed that Indy was putting 7-8 guys in the box. I told my buddy that they were gonna go deep, take advantage of 8 in the box. But, Brady throws a pick on a bad throw. These things happen. The game, regardless of how bad the entire team played, could have been pulled out at the end. If the pass does not tip out of Faulk's hands the Pats could have easily tied the game and possibly won in OT.

Well put. Regarding last Sunday, I noticed the same thing. They either had 8 in the box or at least one safety was leaning into the box. In the second half most especially, I don't know why we didn't go play action more often to get their safeties leaning up. I don't think I saw one play action from the opening of the third quarter till sometime in the fourth quarter. These guys had run stopping seriously on their mind. Why we didn't try and take better advantage of that is surprising. Madden was absolutely right to be asking "why we were trying trickery" when simple play action would have, imho, really left their D out of position routinely.

It's a long season...7-1 on the backside..I think 8-0 is a lot harder...care more about the momentum they have in December than anything else..if they start to gel as what everyone thinks they can be then..and they get a bye..which I think is quite doable...then all will be OK..

frankiesfly said:
The patriots have a fairly easy upcoming schedule. There is no reason the patriots shouldnt finish the rest of the season undefeated. The only teams I think we might struggle with the rest of the season is Jacksonville, and Chicago. We all know both of those teams are very beatable, and for the pats to be taken more seriously around the leauge, those are two games we must win. Either way, we win our division with ease, and make the playoffs, but that is not my concern. To me the pats havent played well in any game with hype behind it, and the playoffs are nothing but hype, so i still think the pats have things they need to prove.

thanks for sticking your neck out and making your prediction! Every point you make is good, but I'm going to stick with my pre-season call of 13--3 on the grounds that one of those teams (I don't know which) will jump up and bite us. we controlled our destiny at home against our biggest conference rivals and let the opportunity slip through our fingers. now it's all about getting better and stronger every week in november and december, lucking out with a decent seeding and kicking butt in january...

Last edited:
My predictions for the season was 10-6. I stick to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes