PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No RB - I give it B+

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was happy with this draft and we got a easy 2nd from Carolina next year.
Would have liked to gotten a RB and got a bit younger here.
Two solid TE's; lets hope we use them now.

Solid draft.

They can get an RB in UDFA.

Very good draft overall.

Very pleased with this draft.. lots of depth, lots of talent and lots of leaders.

Not much RB talent in '10 Draft, according to NFLN.

We dont need a running back this year. I have said this many times that we already have 5 decent-good guys signed at the position. Why add another? Yes, they are old as a group, Faulk, Morris and Taylor but all 5 of them will be free agents after this season, so we can reevaluate the position after this offseason and see what kind of direction the team would like to go. It could be starting from scratch and drafting a RB in the first round next year or it could be retaining Maroney and building off of him. We will see.

Wasn't worth the pick to spend it on a RB...

Probably two UDFAs brought in, one signed. May not even bother with a RB- could see them go for a FB instead.

We'll probably look at Ingram in 2011. ^_^

Faulk, Morris and Taylor

Aren't they the 3 oldest RB's in the league? Give us some young legs.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you guys.

It was a bad draft for RBs. That is why the Chargers traded up for Matthews who was not even considered a first rounder in many mocks a month ago.

Faulk, Morris and Taylor

Aren't they the 3 oldest RB's in the league? Give us some young legs.
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you guys.

BJGE is now allowed to see R-rated movies.

It is not that we don't have RB's....but we don't have a single explosive RB....no....Maroney is not explosive.

I would have liked to see us grab some RB with real speed.....that is one way to keep Brady upright.....we don't have home run hitters in the backfield and haven't since Curtis Martin left.....it would be nice for a change to have a back that is always a threat to go the distance.

Other than that....I think they did a decent job....solid B.

The Pats can still bring in a FA cut. Teams will be trimming down as camp approaches.

NE must also see something in BJGE to keep him around.

It is not that we don't have RB's....but we don't have a single explosive RB....no....Maroney is not explosive.

I would have liked to see us grab some RB with real speed.....that is one way to keep Brady upright.....we don't have home run hitters in the backfield and haven't since Curtis Martin left.....it would be nice for a change to have a back that is always a threat to go the distance.

How many teams actually have a home run hitting RB anymore?

after thinking about it, BB likes the running back by committee approach. Our RBs rushed for almost 2000 yards last year. Thus, we will probably stick to what we have. I would like a corey dillon clock killer. I guess we'll just have to beat the colts by Brady throwing a few TDs to Gronkowski. :D

This was my point. We could use a RB like this.
thanks

I'm dissapointed too,but BJGE is entering his 3rd year, I hope is role expands a little.
Morris will probably be cut and Maroney injured, could see him getting 5-10 carries a game.

who took blount ?

No one picked Blount...would love to see the Pats sign him as a FA...no risk/high reward.

A RB would have been nice but there were other positions that needed to be addressed much more than RB. Once players were taken at those other positions there really weren't that many RB worth drafting. I thought Dwyer would have been worth grabbing late but the Steelers took him in the 6th before the Pats had a chance that round; the Pats couldn't trade up even if they wanted to since that was a compensatory pick. Maybe the Pats will sign Rashawn Jackson as an undrafted free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back