PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No question where decker goes now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, highest of ALL prospects! Kid got's some brains.

Arrelious Benn scored an 11. Isn't that borderline slow?

---------------------------------------
Gerhart posts top RB Wonderlic score | National Football Post

At the runningback side, my binky Toby Gerhart had the highest score out of the RBs with a 30. Hopefully BB likes it.

11 is really low for a wide receiver. Benn is now another to scratch off my draft list, along with RB Spiller who scored a 10.

Wow, highest of ALL prospects! Kid got's some brains.

Arrelious Benn scored an 11. Isn't that borderline slow?

---------------------------------------
Gerhart posts top RB Wonderlic score | National Football Post

At the runningback side, my binky Toby Gerhart had the highest score out of the RBs with a 30. Hopefully BB likes it.

11 is really low for a wide receiver. Benn is now another to scratch off my draft list, along with RB Spiller who scored a 10.

Benn was never on my list but honestly cmon. Chris Johnson scored a 10 on his wonderlic and Im pretty sure that you wouldnt mind him playing for us. Spiller stays for me and Benn was never on;).

I'll take Demetrius Thomas' 34 over Deckers 43.......

Even putting the Wonderlic aside I think Decker would be a great fit. Minny liked to throw him a lot of bubble screens same way Pats do. He's big, strong, fast, great character. Guess a lot depends on his health as to where he goes...

great player. would be good pickup with the pats... 2nd round talent before the injury

Yep, his top score got buried here:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...8-wide-receiver-scouting-prospects-page6.html

The Lisfranc sprain kept Decker from working out for scouts at the Combine and also kept him from participating in the drills at Minnesota's Pro Day Wednesday.

He did, however, help his cause in the bench press (19 reps) and was, as always, articulate in team and media interviews. I've been told that he had the year's highest score on the Wonderlic of all players tested at the Combine and I'm not at all surprised by this.

I would only temper the enthusiasm somewhat by mentioning that Ben Watson also scored a 40+ on the Wonderlic. The Patriots did not bother to resign him.

I'll take Demetrius Thomas' 34 over Deckers 43.......
That's HUGE for a WR who has a lot to learn about pro offenses. He's actually my favorite for us at #22, if he makes it.

Lisfranc is a scarry word. It'll be interesting to see where both Decker and Thomas go given their injuries. Both were second round talent prior. I'd use a fourth or fifth rounder if they're still there.

Lisfranc is a scarry word. It'll be interesting to see where both Decker and Thomas go given their injuries. Both were second round talent prior. I'd use a fourth or fifth rounder if they're still there.

Or how about the Pats just grab Brian Hoyer's friend, Blair White, who got a 31? :)

I like Demaryius a lot. He is one guy that I think can make some plays as a rookie but also has the talent to be the number one option down the road. There seems to be a lot of solid number twos in this draft.

YouTube - Physics of Football

I have posted a lot on Decker and the big question with him is how he will comback from his foot injury. In the past 2 seasons he's been unable to stay healthy: in 2008 he had a severe high ankle sprain and in 2009 he had the foot injury. That said, he was overused in the Gopher offense and probably took an NFL seasons worth of hits both years, so I wouldn't call him fragile.

I'll take Vince Young with his tiny wonderlic over Decker. Didn't some Harvard guy have the top Wonderlic last year but I sort of doubt he did much in the NFL.

Vince Young? Are you serious? He'll never win a SB without a league-leading defense & running game to carry him. That's why Marino never won a SB, either. A high Wonderlic may not guarantee success at QB in the NFL, but a single-digits Wonderlic will just about guarantee failure.

I would only temper the enthusiasm somewhat by mentioning that Ben Watson also scored a 40+ on the Wonderlic. The Patriots did not bother to resign him.

This is true, but Watson never had the production in college that Decker had, and the Bumbler's hands don't compare. Regardless, I wouldn't even begin to look at Decker until our 4th-rounder. We have enough WRs with injury "issues", thank you.

Sold!, but don't forget Jameson Konz.

I haven't forgotten Konz, but I suspect that BB would tell Konz roughly the same thing he told WWII: "We're not sure just yet what we're going to do with you." :)

When you add a 43 in the Wonderlic to all his other attributes...fit him for a PATs jersey !!

Minnesota's Decker scores a 43 on the Wonderlic | National Football Post

Call me a dinosaur but I want players that are nasty, mean, smelly and surly. In my exposure to football players they are not brain surgeons, they are trained killers.

I am also going to focus on production versus potential, Decker certainly was productive. If he drops a couple of IQ points I would consider drafting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes