PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No punishment for Green Bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sain Cai

Rookie
Reaction score
If this was already discussed, please redirect me to the thread.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/11/26/bc.fbn.packers.bounties.ap/index.html

Green Bay willingly broke a rule, yet no punishment was given. Why? With all the commotion of the what the Patriots did, there was no advantage, yet giving incentives to perform better against specific teams, aka a bounty on that team.

Of course the league and players of the Packers seem to shrug it off like its no big deal, but the fact is, they broke a rule and now Goodell isn't doing Jack about it.

What a hypocrite.

I think they should be disciplined as well, but it's Brett Favre sooooo yeah. Sucks.

it's ok to cheat sometimes.

depends on who does it and what they do.

with the pats, if they don't cheat they'll make something up, like offensive pass intereference on Moss.

you'd think kraft could do something.
for what it's worth - go to any other team's message boards - every fan feels his team is being screwed - it's the nature of the nfl emotional experience to root with passion for your team and disdain for your opponents. I think the inherent violence of the game creates this feeling.

what if it was the Pats who had played Minnesota.

what if the pats had bounties and what if they were the team that injured Adrian Peterson?

There would be specials by jerkoffs like Skip Bayless talking about how the pats ruined the next greatest and youngest Running Back in the league.

They would be talking about it and the team would be punished.

I'm absolutely positive this would happen.

I think it is a double standard. I said it yesterday.

As keegs said, if it were the pats, then there would be an uproar.

Some people told me yesterday that I was wrong. It didn't get much positive response. To me, this is a classic example of a double standard.

The argument yesterday was that the pats were warned via a memo, and then they violated the rule which makes it far worse in certain peoples eyes and makes these two rule violations (apples and oranges).

So, if the pack was told via a memo not to have bounties, or incentives, then and only then should the punishment be greater.

The same bs about how all teams feel that they are being slighted was brought up too. Great, thanks for telling me that I am a homer.

Anyway,

I support this thread and the view that the pats are receiving different treatment from the league office.

I don't think placing a bet with a fellow teammate is cheating.

It's against the rules. As we all heard over and over again, if you violate a rule then it's cheating.

"League rules prohibit teams and players "from offering or accepting bonuses to a player for his or his team's performance against a particular team, a particular opposing player or players, or a particular group of an opposing team."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8048ec12&template=with-video&confirm=true

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes