PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Pats at the pro bowl....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
With Vince Young playing and Brady turning down the invite, it looks like the only reason for pro bowl watching is for Belichick and his relationship with the AFC team.. :rolleyes:

how about seymour?? not playing?

Last edited:
With Vince Young playing and Brady turning down the invite, it looks like the only reason for pro bowl watching is for Belichick and his relationship with the AFC team.. :rolleyes:
Brady was invited? "Fillin" for Rivers? Don't blame him.

^actually BB can meet Adalius Thomas :)

I'm surprised BB went.

The pro bowl is a total waste of time, for the coaches, the players and moreso, for the fans.

The players go through it as if they were doing a ballet, and the fans could care less.

Its time to change the pro bowl. Years ago, when it was played BEFORE the season between the NFL All Stars and the College All Stars, it was worth watching.

Today, it is meaningless and a total waste of time with a risk of career ending injury, either from the game, or some of the side events.

Ask Robert Edwards what he thinks.

Ah. I see. So, all they have to do is go back to making it NFL All Stars vs College All Stars, and it will cease to be a meaningless waste of time, nor will it have any risks of career ending injuries.

Seriously, NEM, I don't want to join the bandwagon of people bashing you, but this post... was just too tempting.

I'm surprised BB went.

The league requires him to ... Or at least his staff. I agree that the game has outlived its relevance. It's more like touch football and probably shouldn't be played. They should just have an all-pro awards ceremony and be done with it.

The pro bowl is a total waste of time, for the coaches, the players and moreso, for the fans.

The players go through it as if they were doing a ballet, and the fans could care less.

Its time to change the pro bowl. Years ago, when it was played BEFORE the season between the NFL All Stars and the College All Stars, it was worth watching.

Today, it is meaningless and a total waste of time with a risk of career ending injury, either from the game, or some of the side events.

Ask Robert Edwards what he thinks.

Slight correction, there was a probowl and there was also a game that pitted a college all star team against the team that finished second in the NFL title game the previous year. This was when there was a NFL and separate AFL. At least this is how I remember it.

After Rivers dropped out and then Brady declined - does this mean Brady get the "pro bowl 2006" on his resume or not? I know voted in guys get the accolade if they go or not but what about a replacement declining like Brady?

After Rivers dropped out and then Brady declined - does this mean Brady get the "pro bowl 2006" on his resume or not? I know voted in guys get the accolade if they go or not but what about a replacement declining like Brady?

Brady wouldn't let it get on his resume.
"I get to put 2006 pro-bowl on my career list only because Cry me a Rivers dropped out? :mad: Eff that, Eff that kid, and eff the Pro-bowl."

Remember, that's where BB found out what heart Rodney had.

Any opportunity to improve. We have holes and some free agent money.

Remember, that's where BB found out what heart Rodney had.

Any opportunity to improve. We have holes and some free agent money.

you are right, it might be an advantage...

I didn't know Tom Brady turned down the pro bowl fill in position.
Tom absolutely deserved to go over Rivers.
This isn't the first time TB was snubbed for the pro bowl.
I hope Tom continues to reject any invites from this sham of a game.
What's that? TB might not make the HOF iif he doesn't have enough
pro bowl appearances?!
As if having 2 SB mvp trophies along with 3 Lombardis and being the
youngest QB to ever win not to mention the circumstances in which they ocurred, wasn't enough.

As I've stated here before the Pro Bowl is ridiculous. I never watch it and I prefer no Pats play in it. Risking injury for nothing. I couldn't be happier.

I'm surprised BB went.

i dont believe belichick has a choice. the losing conference championship coach has the obligation to go and i dont think he can get out of it

its a obligation for him to go, however if he had a out not to go he could not go.. In fact he ended up coaching the AFC Squad , when the Tuna did not want to go.. But I think he is going to go beacause there is no choice..

I just saw your avatar. I'm a big fan of The Shield. It's actually the only show that I have all the DVD box sets. Have you heard anything about a new season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back