PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No pass rushers?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Money

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Whats with this team and them not taking pass rushers in drafts?They should learn from the giants.If u gonna play a 3-4 u need young DE/OLB.

Whats with this team and them not taking pass rushers in drafts?They should learn from the giants.If u gonna play a 3-4 u need young DE/OLB.

Crable isn't a young DE/OLB?

giants play a 3-4?

what's crable?

They dont play a 3-4 but they draft LBs and DEs.They must be really high on crable then.

well if a trade is gonna happen i'd expect it tonight, but who knows

My point is their LB unit is very weak with the exception of Mayo.Teddy is old.

What's with this need for a designated pass rusher? The strength of the QB pressure on this defense has been that you didn't know where it was coming from, not that you knew where and couldn't stop it. The unwritten saw that injuries don't count is only good up to a point. Sooner or later, you have to acknowledge them or you throw the baby out with the bath. Crable, Rudd, Redd, Guyton, Woods, one or two of these guys, minimum, are players. We need to find out who before we move on.

It still remains a huge hole in the Pats defense. Without a pass rush, the soft zone secondary is exposed even if Mike Haynes and Ty Law were in theirprime and back there.

I am still hoping we can trade with Jacksonville and get Groves.

Shawn Crable, Vince Redd, and Angelo Craig all say "HI"

Now, that that is out of the way. Please enlighten EVERYONE as to which "young pass rushers" would have come in and helped the Patriots immediately. And then tell everyone how you know this for certainty.

My point is their LB unit is very weak with the exception of Mayo.Teddy is old.

Adalius Thomas, Pierre Woods, Angelo Craig, Vince Redd, Gary Guyton, Pierre Woods, and Tully Banta-Cain.

And, btw, since you missed it, there is still four picks in the 3rd round and another 5 picks in the last 4 rounds that the pats can add "pass rushers".

Also, the Pats defense excells at rushing the passer when they can rush from all 4 LB positions. And, last year, they had 3 starters out for the last 6 weeks of the season. Not to mention that the Pats didn't rush Mayo but a few dozen times all season, if that. This year will be different.

Like i said, we will see wat Crable can do but u can never have some depth.Even the analyst were saying, why arent they taking some young LBs.This team was poor stopping the run for a reason.

Those guys will never see the field.

Like i said, we will see wat Crable can do but u can never have some depth.Even the analyst were saying, why arent they taking some young LBs.

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

ok, now I know you're just trolling.
went a little over the top on that one and tipped your hand, but otherwise good effort.

I am not trolling.I wanted that USC kid,Clay Matthews.My point is that everyone hear mentions these other guys we have and they never saw the field as much.

Adalius Thomas, Pierre Woods, Angelo Craig, Vince Redd, Gary Guyton, Pierre Woods, and Tully Banta-Cain.

And, btw, since you missed it, there is still four picks in the 3rd round and another 5 picks in the last 4 rounds that the pats can add "pass rushers".

Also, the Pats defense excells at rushing the passer when they can rush from all 4 LB positions. And, last year, they had 3 starters out for the last 6 weeks of the season. Not to mention that the Pats didn't rush Mayo but a few dozen times all season, if that. This year will be different.

The scheme is designed for the OLB's to do 90 percent of the rushing, but lately since the middle of the 2007 season, none of the Pats OLBs are getting it done.

Last year Meriweather was our most effective blitzer. How sad is that???????

Can Crable bethe answer? Maybe but it is going to take a bunch of time.

Those guys will never see the field.

Vince Redd, Pierre Woods, and Tully Banta-Cain all say HI. They've all seen the field.

Please. You can't see the future so stop pretending like you know what's gonna happen.

As for the "ANALYSTS," who the hell are they? How many SB rings have they won as a GM? WTF do they know. They are all a bunch of talking heads who are there to sound like they know what they are talking about. And most of them are as clueless as the fans. Hell, there are people on this board smarter than most of them when it comes to the draft.

And what exactly did they do?This team always gets passed on because they dont have those speed rushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes