PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No one is talking about that one team......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both teams have terrible CB play, albeit for different reasons. If they meet for a third time, it's probably going to be a "chuck it up" game. That suits the Steelers more, so I'd give them the edge, especially since you have Pitt at home in your hypothetical.

With two games left, my ESPN playoff generator looked like this.
1. Ne
2. Den
3. Ind
4. Pitt
5. Bal
6. Cin

In this scenario, I would imagine Cincy losing on the road in Indy and New England playing the winner of the Baltimore @ Pitt game. Ton of hypotheticals but I just think that's how it will shake out. Crazier things have happened though, who the hell thought Denver was going to beat Pittsburgh with Tebow at the helm. Also, all it takes is Indy losing @ Dallas this weekend to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing so it's a bit early. I just think this is an exciting time of year when your team is in a position the Patriots are in, and I love playing the "what if" game.

This Balt team is different. Secondary is pure garbage

Given. Yet we've played other teams with weak secondaries whose strong front line players have given Brady a tough time. The Ravens could win on that basis plus question deep PI calls by a Jerome Booger (sic) refereed crew.

Ravens have a pretty great front 7, even without Ngata. Heck, I think giving Timmy Jernigan more playing time has made their defense even better somehow. I think Jernigan is a more modern day NT/DT than Ngata is. It seems more important to be athletic and shifty than big and overwhelming these days when you look at all the other successful "undersized" NTs.

Their interior OL is also another strength of their team, hence why they're making a guy like Justin Forsett look like a perennial pro bowler. It's really hilarious, and obvious, that Joe Flacco really is the weakest link of the Ravens offense.

All in all, this Patriots team can beat anyone and I want the Patriots to win the Super Bowl and I don't care how we get there. But if we can get there without having to face a team that frequently gives us tough games with a great front 7 and a strong running game, all the better.

With two games left, my ESPN playoff generator looked like this.
1. Ne
2. Den
3. Ind
4. Pitt
5. Bal
6. Cin

In this scenario, I would imagine Cincy losing on the road in Indy and New England playing the winner of the Baltimore @ Pitt game. Ton of hypotheticals but I just think that's how it will shake out. Crazier things have happened though, who the hell thought Denver was going to beat Pittsburgh with Tebow at the helm. Also, all it takes is Indy losing @ Dallas this weekend to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing so it's a bit early. I just think this is an exciting time of year when your team is in a position the Patriots are in, and I love playing the "what if" game.

The AFC North needs to send a substantial gift to the NFC South for Christmas.

I would like nothing more than New England handing Baltimore there a** enroute to a superbowl. I have faith in this team because the defense can outplay the offense at times and make plays when needed. My only words are " Bring it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots