PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No One Had Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember the last time I was this contented after a game. My faith was not lost, but I'm always nervous. I feel a helluvalot better now. Booyah!

jefmblrd said:
I never lost faith in this team, and neither did a lot of people on this board. But I did get a bit tired of reading some of the people here who couldn't get off of the negative.

:agree: This was just the chill pill that some needed.

I knew this was a good team coming into the season. A couple of bad games was going to change my opinion. It was perfectly reasonable for people to think the Pats would lose this game. I, however, did not.

pound the crap out of the ball?

easier said than done. Nothing brilliant about the gameplan this week...just came down to imposing our will.

It was impossible to be ****y going into this game while our offense is still developing balance and consistency...til then, the ground game has to carry us, and boy did it ever do just that.

I hate to say they underestimated us, but I don't think we've seen their best shot and you NEVER want to face a quality team in the playoffs after blowing them out earlier in the season.

But one thing that has to trouble Cincy was getting beatin' up in the trenches from about the 2nd quarter on (for the 2nd week in a row). It helps that Cincy has the worst run-D we've faced.

We certainly didn't start the game with the same confidence that we ended it (Tom admitted afterwards that it was a BIG confidence boost), but you could really feel the momentum building as the O-line started pushing them around (minus O'Callaghan) and the backs started RIPPING off runs like we've NEVER seen.

The D had downhill leverage for all of the 4th quarter and that's what caused the sudden push from the front-3 and the subsequent turnovers.

TREMENDOUS boost for confidence -- especially given the youth on the team (I'm a little sick of hearing the Pats referred to as the "old guard").

Overall, we're not YET as good as the score indicated and they're not that much worse. But like last week for us, it was just "one of those days" for Cincy.

We're in a great spot now and -- BARRING INJURIES -- will get better. I'm no more or less optimistic about our postseason potential than I was after last week...we've got a great thing building here...but let's keep in mind that we're STILL building.

Last edited:
Somebody call me no one?

skri65 said:
No one had faith. Patriots football at its best.

Who's no one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back