PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No, Not Just Another Branch Thread ... This Is An NFLPA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

flutie2phelan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
For reasons most of us by now can recite in our sleep,
this is a clear-cut case of agent malpractice.

The principal, of course, ought to change agents.
But ... despite the two separate efforts the team he is under contract with
made to reach out and save him ...
and despite the decent guidance his friend Tom undoubtedly has been offering - as diplomatically as he can ...
Leion still doesn't get it.
For all his former affability, this man once perceived as a good guy
appears to be terminally stupid.
In the course of harming his team and teammates ... he also has managed to do considerable harm to himself.
A lose-lose situation.
What safety net does the poor man have? Who will save him from himself?

Well, isn't that where their union is supposed step in and rescue unsophisticated working folk
from the clutches of the selfish, devious, and malevolent ... i.e., Chayut ?

But in this case, as in others, the union has not stepped in to shake the simple employee by the shoulders.
Instead, they have gleefully enabled Chayut to continue exploiting Branchise ...
by endorsing and underwriting those two preposterous "grievances".

Surely Upshaw can see as well as we all see
not only the absurdity of those two claims
but the larger malfeasance of the entire months-long episode.
But because of this union boss' suspect and unseemly relationship with "superagent" Condon
the NFLPA once again apparently has sold out to the agents and THEIR distinctly different interests.
This union neglects its members' true interests.

The acronym must mean, NFL Players Agents.

Woke up grumpy again I see...;)

Two weeks ago Felger kept mentioning without offering any detail that the Pats were looking to get Chayut booted. I think they are also entitled to file a complaint with the union where a failure to negotiate in good faith situation exists on the part of the agent. I think what changed their mind was the realizaion that "Leion" is the little engine behind the Chayut train. Jason may be inexperienced, but his client is the one apparently married to the coercion theory since his rookie season who has been determined to exact payback once the dastardly year 5 arrived.

You can lead a horse to water f2p but you cannot make him drink.

If however once the dust settles and "Leion" finds himself sitting on the couch watching other WR's put up his numbers he may decide that it was all a misunderstanding fueled by an incompetent agent. And if he does the same union will crucify Jason Chayut for him without blinking an eye and the team will waive his fines, suit him up and immediately begin negotiations with his new representative (probably someone from the Cornish Group :rolleyes: ) who will get a new deal similar to the old deal done with the spin that it was a win-win for everyone but Chayut.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Woke up grumpy again I see...;)

That could be, Box.

But i found myself asking, Does this kid have any hope to salvage his situation?
Who, after all, SHOULD become his Dutch uncle?

Then i realized that is what your union should be for.
However, his isn't.

Where does that leave him ... besides up the creek without a paddle?

MoLewisrocks said:
Two weeks ago Felger kept mentioning without offering any detail that the Pats were looking to get Chayut booted. I think they are also entitled to file a complaint with the union where a failure to negotiate in good faith situation exists on the part of the agent. I think what changed their mind was the realizaion that "Leion" is the little engine behind the Chayut train. Jason may be inexperienced, but his client is the one apparently married to the coercion theory since his rookie season who has been determined to exact payback once the dastardly year 5 arrived.

You can lead a horse to water f2p but you cannot make him drink.

If however once the dust settles and "Leion" finds himself sitting on the couch watching other WR's put up his numbers he may decide that it was all a misunderstanding fueled by an incompetent agent. And if he does the same union will crucify Jason Chayut for him without blinking an eye and the team will waive his fines, suit him up and immediately begin negotiations with his new representative (probably someone from the Cornish Group :rolleyes: ) who will get a new deal similar to the old deal done with the spin that it was a win-win for everyone but Chayut.

Very interesting, Mo.
Since i tune Felger out at all levels, i missed that.

I guess because the NFL PA isn't really a union. It's more a guild of ridiculously highly-paid workers. If it were truly a union, there would be much more attention paid to the middle-and-lower class players. And rookies wouldn't make nearly the amount of money they do to come take jobs from union workers.

dryheat44 said:
I guess because the NFL PA isn't really a union. It's more a guild of ridiculously highly-paid workers. If it were truly a union, there would be much more attention paid to the middle-and-lower class players. And rookies wouldn't make nearly the amount of money they do to come take jobs from union workers.

I think of the NFLPA as the NFLAA: National Football League Agents Association. Upshaw seems to be championing agents' causes. Upshaw's agent is Tom Condon, who has a personal grudge against the Pats. I hope there is a strike in a couple of years. The NFLAA needs to be broken again.

dryheat44 said:

Excellent point dryheat! Maybe some good will come of this in putting the spotlight, however so dim, on the "union".

I love the "Leion" bit. I'm going to flatter you by imitation. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back