Welcome to PatsFans.com

No need to vote... Robertson heard from God already

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jan 5, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

gosh.. why the secrets, Pat?

Robertson: ‘I’m Not Sure I Heard From The Lord,’ ‘If I Did, I Hope I Heard Wrong’

Earlier this week, Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson said God told him who will win the 2008 presidential election. “He told me some things about the election, but I’m not going to say,” he said.

Last night, Robertson appeared on Hannity and Colmes. When asked by Alan Colmes whether God had spoken to him about the election outcome, Robertson said he was “a little shaky on it” and was “not sure.” But Robertson then implied God told him a Democrat would win the White House:

COLMES: You said that you convene with God on a regular basis. You go into deep prayer and mediation, and you just recently say to you was revealed who would be the winner in November. Is that correct?

ROBERTSON: I felt so. But I’m a little shaky on it and I didn’t want to say anything about it publicly. I’m not sure I heard from the Lord. And if I did, I hope I heard wrong.​

Sean Hannity then followed-up and asked who Robertson heard would be President. “I’m not saying publicly Sean,” Robertson replied. “My lips are sealed.”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm a Christian fella, and I have a tendency to vote conservative (though I am a PROUD registered independent). And I think Robertson is a putz.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  3. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I can actually see why some Christians lean left on social issues. I don't happen to think that government is efficient enough, but to each his own. I see what you mean about capital punishment too. Even though I am against it in theory, I am filled with such rage at these criminals sometimes, I can't help but yell "put a bullet in his head" at the TV (and no, that's not an exaggeration). But they say, love the sinner hate the sin. Capital punishment is a tough, tough issue for me, because I can see both sides. It makes decision making much harder.

4. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Pat Robberson is just another zionist... not a christian. You cannot tell me that he is.

He is a joke.

I do think that there are some people that work for him that are christians... but there is no way that he is.

No christian would ever support abortions and accepting the mark of the beast like he does.

Whomever believes in the rapture is simply fooled as well.

The rapture is a made up BS theory that some mad woman thought up of; that is used for a copout for reality.
    There will be many upset and pissed off christians when this hologram in the sky appears.

I cannot believe that I'm agreeing with NEM as much as I am... whowouldhavethunkit????

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +843 / 27 / -33

So let me get this straight he has some type of revelation, but does not say what it is and it is scaredy cat stuff. So if Obama wins this could be it or if Romney wins the revelation could be that the right almost lost.. an extreme religious way of riding the fence. He can never be wrong.. great idea Pat that will help keep the folks tuned and the donations will keep rolling in. Keep building them universities..

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

I am a true Christian, I stopped going to church many years ago and started drinking, I found that I felt much closer to God when I was completely sh!tface sitting on the banks of the Charles River at 2AM with no clothes on being massaged by two girls that I attended grammar school with.

The Lord Thy God is an inner feeling, the Lord is in your soul, the Lord Thy God is in the air you breath, you don't have to listen to these "SCUMSUCKING REVERENDS", who in their right mind could bring their family to church on a Sunday morning and listen to the likes of Pat Robertson or Jessie Jackoff dare to preach the word of the Lord Thy God Almighty.

Organized Religion has one purpose only, it isn't helping you, it isn't saving your soul, when Jessie or Pat start screaming and yelling that they are trying to Save You and that you must get on your knees in front of these two Leeches and give your heart to Jesus H Christ it isn't your Heart they want what these filthy Reverend Con Men really want is, YOUR F-CKING MONEY.

As I have said many times before on here dear brothers and sisters, "go out into your yard at night and Look Up, you will feel the Lord Thy God embracing you, you will feel the joy of his being, the warmth of the Lord Jesus will flow through your body like sh!t through a tin horn.

:bricks:

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

When the sun is shinning and it is also raining at the same time that means The Devil And His Wife Are Having Sex

8. STFarmy

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

You, sir, are the silliest of geese. :)

9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Damn!
    If you were my preacher, I'd probably have stayed in church.

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

I said a few words at the Portland Maine Methodist Church last Labor Day.

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

isnt it interesting that Harry's good pal Fog won't dare dress him down for apparent blasphemy like this here?

more undeniable proof that a) Harry's crazy; b) Fog has a negotiable set of theocratic principles, depending upon the political leanings of the offender...