PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No National TV games so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
our 2 games are about matchups.

The lions have to play an AFC team. The teams that visit them are the Bills and Dolphins...

Now which one will generate more money?

Then look at pitt. The opener is ussually a conference game, but not a divisional game. So who elsd do they have to choose from.

And believe me its due! We had 0 primetime games last year! Nada! NILCH! I guarantee huizenga made some of this happen...

Whatever , let them hype up Miami, Mannings, and so forth...

What`s the big deal its only first week of season.
I hate thanksgiving games for the pats.
In last 4 years they played two.
Big day up here for high school games let them have thiere day

Would have like to see a sun nite game against Indy...

This Miami crap needs to stop. They are soooooooooooooooooooooooo overrated, it's not even funny.

Miami is, without question, the most improved team in the division. They MAY have a QB now - and this QB has a very good compliment of recievers and one of the best TE's in the league. Brown proved himself last year too. Although I do not think they have surpassed the Pats - they will pose the biggest challenge within the division, IMO.

My guess will be on the road week 1 - Cincy NYJ, or maybee Green Bay or KC

Garbanza said:
Miami is, without question, the most improved team in the division.
Well no sh!t, their competition is the Jets and Bills. That doesn't mean the Dolphins are a good team.

richpats said:
Redskins are playing at Dallas on turkey day

EDIT: Sorry didn't see the skins/vikes matchup. But last month they did in fact say Wash/Dallas would be the primetime matchup on NFL network thanksgiving day.

It's the Bucs at Dallas.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Would have like to see a sun nite game against Indy...

not in first week like to build up to it

Personally, I'd be fine with NO primetime games. 1 o'clock sundays are where it's at. The only good thing about primetime games is being able to get other things done on sun. afternoon.
Sun at 1:00 is like a ritual. Eggs and sausage with potatoes, start drinking at noon etc.
Plus, it's easier to get the wife out of the house. She gets a little freaked out by the yelling and stuff. lol

Last edited:
Sean Pa Patriot said:
My guess will be on the road week 1 - Cincy NYJ, or maybee Green Bay or KC

No road game against the Jets b/c of the Giants vs. Indy

No road game against the Bengals b/c the Reds are at home that day

No road game against KC b/c it's not scheduled

GB is a possibility, but I'd bet on Week 2 for that one (we always have an NFC road game in week 2 for some reason)

Welker83 said:
our 2 games are about matchups.

The lions have to play an AFC team. The teams that visit them are the Bills and Dolphins...

Now which one will generate more money?

Then look at pitt. The opener is ussually a conference game, but not a divisional game. So who elsd do they have to choose from.

And believe me its due! We had 0 primetime games last year! Nada! NILCH! I guarantee huizenga made some of this happen...

You have ZERO prime time games last year because you guys stunk in 2004. That's how it works. As people have said, your team is being DRASTICALLY over-rated because you picked up Culpepper. You're secondary is atrocious.

Garbanza said:
Miami is, without question, the most improved team in the division. They MAY have a QB now - and this QB has a very good compliment of recievers and one of the best TE's in the league. Brown proved himself last year too. Although I do not think they have surpassed the Pats - they will pose the biggest challenge within the division, IMO.

Did Miami get a secondary yet? How about an O-line? Miami is very over-rated. Especially at QB.

....I suspect there are some that say the same thing about the Pats secondary - and I sure hope Koppen recovers completely.....blah, blah, blah. Miami has some players, Miami has a very good coach...they will be a formidable foe. I still say the Pats take the East once again....

Garbanza said:
....I suspect there are some that say the same thing about the Pats secondary - and I sure hope Koppen recovers completely.....blah, blah, blah. Miami has some players, Miami has a very good coach...they will be a formidable foe. I still say the Pats take the East once again....

Considering that Miami's entire secondary is new, I doubt people would say the same thing about the Patriots.

The Patriots have a reliable center in Hochstein if Koppen can't go.

And I exaggerating somewhat about Miami's O-line, though they only have 1 new player on it in LJ Shelton. And I doubt he solidifies that line much, thoguh he will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back