PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No MRI, yet ACL injury confirmed by Yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Helmet

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Last I heard, Brady was scheduled for an MRI in the morning. Yet PFW, and Yahoo are posting his ACL is torn and he is done for the year?

My guess is these azzhole writers are trying to pull hits for their articles/websites and not worrying if they are wrong, a la Boston Herald. The have nothing to lose if they lie. If he has a sprain, and is out 2-4 weeks, they can easily deflect any flak they may get.

Holding out for good news,

IH

double post

Last edited:
Last I heard, Brady was scheduled for an MRI in the morning. Yet PFW, and Yahoo are posting his ACL is torn and he is done for the year?

My guess is these azzhole writers are trying to pull hits for their articles/websites and not worrying if they are wrong, a la Boston Herald. The have nothing to lose if they lie. If he has a sprain, and is out 2-4 weeks, they can easily deflect any flak they may get.

IH

It's amazing isn't it. He didn't even get hit in a position nor did his knee move in a way such that it would indicate ACL, but leave it to the idiot media to just go with whatever will get the most hits.

If it's an ACL, I think the trainers and medical staff would probably know right away from some basic tests. I don't think they'd have to wait for the MRI to be sure.

They would know if it was an ACL injury, but they would still do an MRI to confirm and ascertain the extent of the injury, to see if there is any other damage to the knee (such as meniscus tearing), and to act as a roadmap for the surgeon.

If it's an ACL, I think the trainers and medical staff would probably know right away from some basic tests. I don't think they'd have to wait for the MRI to be sure.

Oh, do you think how they would know this?

IH

Just like the friggin weatherman. Predict the worse. If you are wrong, nobody cares because it's sunny. If you are right, well that's why you are the expert.

Crossing my fingers here.

And you'd be right:

How does my doctor make the diagnosis of an ACL tear?
The presence of an ACL tear is suspected whenever a patient has an injury to their knee. In the orthopedists office, knee instability can be assessed by specific maneuvers performed by your physician. These maneuvers test the function of the ligament to determine if an ACL tear is present. The most commonly used tests to determine the presence of an ACL tear include:

* Lachman Test
The Lachman test is performed to evaluate abnormal forward movement of the tibia (shin bone). By pulling the shin bone forward, your surgeon can feel for an ACL tear. If there is an ACL tear, the shin bone will move too far forward.
* Pivot Shift Maneuver
The pivot shift is difficult to perform in the office, it is usually more helpful in the operating room with a patient under anesthesia. The pivot shift maneuver detects abnormal motion of the knee joint when there is an ACL tear present.

Well yea the trainers probably have a broad idea of what is hurt like ACL, MCl etc... I doubt that it can be 100% confirmed or that it was leaked though.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

Well yea the trainers probably have a broad idea of what is hurt like ACL, MCl etc... I doubt that it can be 100% confirmed or that it was leaked though.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it seems.

if they knew it was an ACL tear then why did they let him walk on his own into the lockerroom?

Excatly, and if the staff knew the injury was an ACL tear how could they have let him walk of the field. The first aid in a suspected ACL tear is to fix the leg in a straight position with a brace. And cart the guy off the field. Why wouldn't the medical staff call for any of that????

They know. The Pats aren't saying anything but they had the results of the MRI before the Pats finished their next drive. Trust me on that one.

I think the player did hit him laterally and caused either an ACL or MCL injury or possibly both. At that point it doesn't matter much whether they cart him off the field or not... he's getting surgery sooner or later.

Tom Brady is going to walk off the field if he possibly can under the Patriot's philosophy of concealing the injury status of players.

Wishful thinking guys, he's done.

Last edited:
Pretending this is a media smoke screen makes me feel better.

....nevermind... I just realized how ridiculous that sounds... I'm sad again.

Guys.... I know we are all hoping for the best. But after seeing "the hit" live today from Gillete, I'm accepting the fact that Brady probably tore his acl or mcl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down