No more passing downs for Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Did everyone watch Patriots Today?

Official Website of the New England Patriots

Warren says he has to swallow his pride and tell the guys he won't be any good on passing downs the rest of the season.

How does this affect the rotation? Is this knowledge that should have been kept on the down-low to prevent us being exploited MORE on defense?

Anyway, it's not great news, but it beats sending him to IR, I hope.

Last edited:
Re: No more Passing Downs for Warren.

Let Seymour stay in and rush the passer, why take him out on 3rd downs I dont know.

Re: No more Passing Downs for Warren.

If true it's definately something that shouldn't be known. We'll be quite underarmed on 1st/2nd down passes.

why does this have to be discussed before a game by anyone from the pats i dont get ...

Bad news but I would figure that the opponents would catch on to him not being in there in that situation rather quickly. Maybe not the Raiders but, others would.

I don't understand why he can play run and not pass, I mean, he pretty much has to clash heads in both cases.
Can somebody clear this up for me?

I don't understand why he can play run and not pass, I mean, he pretty much has to clash heads in both cases.
Can somebody clear this up for me?

One of the X's and O's experts can probably help you more, but from my understanding pass rush is more of an 'offensive move' for DL and run defense is more gap control. That's why playing with a lead and being able to concentrate on rushing the passer is so much more 'fun' for DL, as long as they dont have a hurt groin :/

I always thought Jarvis Green was a much better player against the pass vs against the run, so hopefully this will work out. And hopefully Warren will be better against the run that Mike Wright has been.

How the hell will he know when it's a pass play? Teams pass at will on 1st,2nd and 3rd downs all the time. They switch up tempos,they abandon the run altogether,etc,etc,etc.

This I gotta see.

How the hell will he know when it's a pass play? Teams pass at will on 1st,2nd and 3rd downs all the time. They switch up tempos,they abandon the run altogether,etc,etc,etc.

This I gotta see.

Are you serious? They video tape their play calls. They know exactly what is going to happen every play! haha :D

Seriously though, it just means he won't be in there in a passing situation. Example: 3 and long for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back