PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No more pass heavy BS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Maroney has FINALLY woken up and can finally run the ball effectively and hard. No more HB draws, 5 wide, 4 wide sets. I want more of the first drive, I form and pound the ball.

Maroney never gets 100+ yard game because we never give him 20-25 carries...

Maroney excited the bejesus out of me.. then we started the unbalanced throwing game oncemore. Brady audibles or O'Brien being an idiot?

Maroney has FINALLY woken up and can finally run the ball effectively and hard. No more HB draws, 5 wide, 4 wide sets. I want more of the first drive, I form and pound the ball.

Maroney never gets 100+ yard game because we never give him 20-25 carries...

Cut the crap, Do you want us to be the Buccaneers? Stick the running straight up your (most of sentence edited for self preservaion) with a giant pepperoni!

We have had success because of TFB throwing the ball and some semblance of a defense. We had a crap game offense and defense. But this team is not built to take the air out of the ball, and I hope to God it never is.

I hate the run,hate it hate it hate it. And I hate any and everyone who spits on our bread and butter the passing game so we can be a dead ball boring assed team.

Now you dead ball idiots need to crawl back in your shell

Yes lets throw away everything we have ever done over one bad game and get out the anointing oils for Maroney who was obviously our savior all along. Maroney scores 2 yard tds and Brees throws them lets not all be so impressed at once. Our defense should be ashamed they are the real problem. oooh lets run the ball cause Im so tired of being entertained and being a good team lets make this the real American version of soccer. I could literally spit fire right now.

One more thought here I just thought I would like everyone to know what I am doing right now. I am wearing my wifes summer dress, applying makeup perhaps with a little too much force and I'm making a list of everyone who suggests we need to run the ball more, what I do with this list is not important just yet but rest assured my story will be made into a hollywood blockbuster. Come on suggest we need to run more....I'll make you famous.

What worked well last night? The goal line I formation. I think we need to go back to basics, take some pressure off Brady and go with a healthier dose of more traditional 2-back bases (not only in goal line/short yardage). Balance is needed, and I personally like some steak with my sizzle. This TE version run-n-shoot is leaving me unsatisfied, like eating a cake made entirely of icing.

We DO need to run more, that being said we only have 3 plays in our playbook.

Toss Sweep (never works)
Stretch (right and left)
Shotgun Draw (/puke)

Maybe when they watch the game film back they will see how inventive the offense of NO was, that double fake screen center screen was awesome as was the rollout throwback pass. We cant just line up the sameway every time and expect to beat teams were not that good anymore. We are every bit as talented as NO offensively but we are working with a kindegraten playbook and they are executing shakespeare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes